Week 7 Updates (Kalil Injured Shoulder; Harrison Could Start))

Lith

34 minutes ago, nycdan said:

When Mosley came out in week 1, our defense deflated faster than a Tom Brady football on a cold day.  It's improved in the past few weeks, but I'm hoping his return will push it to another level.

D has allowed 24.6 points on average, with Mosley and Sam back in the mix they should be able to lower this and make it a lill more competitive, relatively speaking.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

Whats the deal with Copeland. Is he good to go against the Pats? Jets need his pass rush. 

He was active last week, and I am pretty sure he had a handful of snaps against the Cowboys.  Probably will see more action on Monday.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Question - I'm going to assume Beachum is out.  If he plays he'll be at less than 100% which is not ideal vs a very good Pats defense.  If we go with Edoga and Shell at the OT spots who would back them up, Compton?

Alex Lewis has starting experience at LT and might be a better option then Shell with Harrison or Compton sliding in at LG.  

For the Pats Gordon didn’t practice again and they had Edelman playing outside WR with a rookie in the slot. If the Pats are forced to play that way I hope we leave Poole in single on their slot WR and put 2 guys on Edelman the entire game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Alex Lewis has starting experience at LT and might be a better option then Shell with Harrison or Compton sliding in at LG.  

For the Pats Gordon didn’t practice again and they had Edelman playing outside WR with a rookie in the slot. If the Pats are forced to play that way I hope we leave Poole in single on their slot WR and put 2 guys on Edelman the entire game. 

I think Dorsett and N'Keal Harry (rookie from ASU) could both be active for that game.  While I'm always most concerned about Edelman I can just see those other guys stepping up.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, Apache 51 said:

D has allowed 24.6 points on average, with Mosley and Sam back in the mix they should be able to lower this and make it a lill more competitive, relatively speaking.

That's good for 11th in the league, which is pretty good considering that before this week the offense couldn't get a first down.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Please, Please, Please

Against Dallas, on a day where even Winters played at a competent level, Kalil once again stuck out like a sore thumb.

We may be lacking elite, top 10 type talent on the OL, but at least we have some depth, going 7-8 guys deep.  Much better to have a Jonatthon Harrison to turn to than the Colin Baxter's or Welsey Johnson's of the world.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2