Week 7 Updates (Kalil Injured Shoulder; Harrison Could Start))

Lith

15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Isn't this the kid who had knee surgeries?

How is he on the NFI list? Is it because he had the injuries prior to us drafting him?

That is exactly what the NFI list is.  Non-football injury.  Technically, I guess Austin's injuries were football related, but not NFL related.  As long as it didn't happen during Jets games or practice it fits.  It happened with Junior Gallette working out on his own and the dude that dropped a table on his foot.  IIRC, they are not eligible to play or practice for the 1st six weeks.  After they begin practicing, the team has 21 days to decide if they are going to activate them.

Bottom line, this is a good thing.  They have the player, he can practice and they can make a decision.  In the meantime, the player is not accruing time that will count towards him becoming an UFA.  Basically, it is like redshirt time.  I think the Cowboys did it with Jaylon Smith and the Redskins are doing it with Bryce Love. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is exactly what the NFI list is.  Non-football injury.  Technically, I guess Austin's injuries were football related, but not NFL related.  As long as it didn't happen during Jets games or practice it fits.  It happened with Junior Gallette working out on his own and the dude that dropped a table on his foot.  IIRC, they are not eligible to play or practice for the 1st six weeks.  After they being practicing, the team has 21 days to decide if they are going to activate them.

Bottom line, this is a good thing.  They have the player, he can practice and they can make a decision.  In the meantime, the player is not accruing time that will count towards him becoming an UFA.  Basically, it is like redshirt time.  I think the Cowboys did it with Jaylon Smith and the Redskins are doing it with Bryce Love. 

That's what was thinking. Not "NFL" football related.

Thanks Dom

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

agreed...   but since i dont know if he can protect better, i am on the fence...   i mean, theres no doubt RK

struggled alot... 

I think he is shot. You usually retire for a reason most guys want to play as long as possible. I think he was talked into ''helping Sam out''. If he does in fact play on Monday this should answer a lot of questions going forward.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, Apache 51 said:

D has allowed 24.6 points on average, with Mosley and Sam back in the mix they should be able to lower this and make it a lill more competitive, relatively speaking.

No reason with Mosely, Anderson, and Austin playing they can't allow less than 17.6 a game.