Barry McCockinner

Jamal Adams Draft Position

Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?

• Yes - It is important to remind everyone every time Adams is mentioned.
    • No - What's done is done and I like it when the Jets have good players.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mahomes is already one of the top 3 QB's in the NFL.  I don't give a f**k who the GM and HC is, you take Mahomes and run.  Eventually, Bowles and Macc would have gotten fired for failing to build/develop around him, would be my guess.  

Nobody knew that Brady was going to be as good as he is. That's why he was drafted where he was. Mahomes was a boom or bust prospect. Considering the QB's who would be available the following year, it would have been way too risky too draft Mahomes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's the job of a GM to sometimes take calculated risks.  Mike Maccagnan never did that.  He always went for the "safe" choice.  And now here we are.  

Even if you want to argue that Mahomes wasn't the pick, there's zero justification for passing on Watson too.  

That's a big time fart, my friend. He took a big risk drafting Hackenburg, and lost. No way he was going to do it again.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  So because Hackenberg was such a disaster, he wasn't going to take another QB?  Come on.  There's no comparison to be made between Hackenberg and Watson/Mahomes as prospects.  Hackenberg wasn't even draftable based on his college resume.  

He did take a QB. Sam Darnold. remember. To draft a QB, with as many question marks at the time, with what we had around him would have been too big a risk. We're talking the 6th pick in the draft. You want a sure thing at that slot. Your right about talent comparisons, but we're talking about a 2nd rounder vs a top 10 pick.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc's plan A was Kirk Cousins.  His Plan B was whoever fell to us at 3.  That might not have been Darnold if it hadn't been for an extremely lucky set of circumstances.  There's zero chance Macc's plan was to pass on those QB's to take one the next year.  His plan was Christian Hackenberg.  

Nah. he was talked into, foolishly into drafting that bust by the coach that was with the Jet's who was at Penn State. Big mistake. everybody knew he was a bust his 1st training camp. Remember all the quotes by coaches about his accuracy. Funny stuff,

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which is why doubling down on Hackenberg in the 2017 draft was so stupid.  Whether you admit it or not, there was zero justification for passing on Mahomes/Watson.  

All of the scouting reports were basically the same. You can't in hindsight bitch about not drafting him with the 6th pick. there we're a bunch of reasons why he wasn't. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/patrick-mahomes?id=2558125

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Not at all - especially when we drafted Sam the year after...

If we were drafting all over again without the knowledge that we were gonna draft Sam? Of course we'd take Mahomes or Watson over him... but now that everything is playing out, we drafted the two cornerstones of the team in back-to-back drafts. You can't argue with that.

Some people can. And will. Ad nauseam

6 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

that's easy, you don't pay box safeties super star money in a hard cap league.. 

unless he's going to somehow develop into a player maker in space in his rookie contract.. because at least that point you would be talking about holding onto a special ball player.. he's not that guy & he's already playing a non premium position.. who the hell builds a defense around a box safety?? 

Get a clue dude. This mind you, is without a good pass rush.

• Like 1

Just now, jetgreen13 said:

well PFF says so, you got me..

Everybody says so. National media. Analysts who actually played, and starred in the NFL, and all the players at last years pro bowl who watched Adams at LSU, and with the Jet's. You and other's are living in fantasy land.

1 minute ago, jetgreen13 said:

any many of those same people had mayfield being by far the best QB in last year's daft.. 

Do you still believe the earth's flat???

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's from last year. He's #1 so far this year.

Don't think it matters to his detractors. What pisses me off is the box safety nonsense. He's not just a box safety. stat after stat, proves that. So when people keep saying that to justify he's not worthy of a top ten pick, I go off. Lol.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which ones?

When you spend roughly 30 % of your snaps around the LOS and are constantly a step slow in coverage, you're a Box Safety.  Deal with it.  

Wake up. Just because he's asked to play more snaps in the box, doesn't mean he can't play in coverage. Which he does, and does very well. And he's better this year.https://www.pff.com/news/pro-jamal-adams-is-playing-at-an-elite-level-after-a-substantial-second-year-leap

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh wow so he covers people sometimes cool.

Know who also covers people sometimes?  Everyone but D-Linemen.  

Don't talk to me anymore. you choose to ignore the obvious. There isn't anything that Adams can't do well as a safety. There are others who might be slightly better in coverage. There isn't any safety that does as much as Adams is asked to do better. Period. I'm not going to waste my time, posting article after article, quote, after quote, about what kind of a player Adams is. It's a colossal waste of time.

• Upvote 2

Just now, prime21 said:

Correct, don't waste your time because they can't post an article that says otherwise.  

Yea. I'm sick of it. Really. When the earth was proved to be round and not flat, there we're still wackos who we're convinced it was flat. Some still do. It's scary

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

10-27 and a below average defense since Jamal arrived and we're the wackos for not worshiping the ground he walks on.  Sure.

Being a Jamal fanboy is like being a hype man for the world's best VCR repairman.  

Guess that means Revis wasn't all that much .Or dozens of other great players who played on bad teams. You make a fool at of yourself because you ignore facts. The Texans are ranked right with us on defense. Is J. J Watt responsible for that. Falcons rank below us in team defense. Is Grady Jarrett responsible for that. It's a team game. One player, other than perhaps a great QB, can turn a unit around. I can go on and on, but won't.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Revis was the most important player on defense for a team that won 4 playoff games in 2 seasons.  

Adams is 10-27 since he arrived and the defense has been below average in that span.  

You, sir, are taking crazy pills.  I'm the one using facts.  

. There were a dozen reasons why we won those playoff games. Revis was only a part of it. Just like any one player who plays on an 11 man unit. Your not using facts. It's intetesting that you didn't mention J.J watt and Jarrett, or a dozen other low ranked defensive units who have some great players on it.

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

woudlnt you rather have someone that actually can win the game for us? OL Sack artist? just cause he is good safety doesnt mean he is good draft pick for us. He was not.

What has Chandler Jones done for the Cardinals. Or Von Miller, or Josh Allen. Jaguars still stink. It's a team game. If it wasn't for Adams we might be talking about a Cowboy loss.

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Your not pointing anything out your being a troll. We don't win that game without Darnold. Hell we likely don't win any games this season without him.

YOU CANT comprehend being wrong. you have not argument just some juvenile er it takes a team to win, and there are other players on the field. Ridiculous.

Yeah i understand you don't care what draft pick he was taken at because you don't understand the value of positions in football. The extreme is well lets take a surefire kicker in the 1st round. He is great. I'm glad he is a jet! THAT IS DUMB. So Adams is a great player, I don't care what draft pick i used to get him. That is DUMB. You should care because you are a fan of the team and hopefully like us to win a damn SB. .

I don't think I'm traumatized by it at all. Maybe you agree with me and I missed it. The point of this thread is what Adams a good pick where we took him, the answer is "No". If you agree great, if not then you are wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716173/article/nfl-exec-lsus-jamal-adams-will-be-top10-draft-pick

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Your not pointing anything out your being a troll. We don't win that game without Darnold. Hell we likely don't win any games this season without him.

YOU CANT comprehend being wrong. you have not argument just some juvenile er it takes a team to win, and there are other players on the field. Ridiculous.

Yeah i understand you don't care what draft pick he was taken at because you don't understand the value of positions in football. The extreme is well lets take a surefire kicker in the 1st round. He is great. I'm glad he is a jet! THAT IS DUMB. So Adams is a great player, I don't care what draft pick i used to get him. That is DUMB. You should care because you are a fan of the team and hopefully like us to win a damn SB. .

I don't think I'm traumatized by it at all. Maybe you agree with me and I missed it. The point of this thread is what Adams a good pick where we took him, the answer is "No". If you agree great, if not then you are wrong.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702148-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-jamal-adams-rising-updated-2-round-mock-draft

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/30/nfl-draft-2017-jamal-adams-lsu-top-safety-ryan-clark-tyrann-mathieu

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Take a hike. You haven't a clue.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000798217/article/mts-notebook-jamal-adams-is-top-prospect-in-2017-nfl-draft

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802870/article/2017-mike-mayock-mock-draft-two-qbmotivated-trades

21 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-three-round-mock-includes-15-trades-seven-quarterbacks/

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

BURN....

Look I know but its not smart. If we didnt take him another team did. My point is we shoudl let other teams have him and get guys like may in the second...well thats not true as described elsewhere I just think we need to draft high quality guy in that play higher level importance postitions...

But your point is well taken, I just think we should draft smarter and focus on guys that win games for us not just make us look good. Bake the pizza with 1st rounder and get the toppings like adams with the later round picks. You  can win more games with later picked safeties than later picked OL,, QBs and edge guys

Yea. But you make it seem like such a clear cut dumb pick. The reason why i posted so many articles was to show you and some others, it's not. I could have posted alot more. You think the Bears are happy now they traded to get that QB. If they didn't do that, it would have been adams, for sure. Look at all the busts who were picked in the top ten that year. We're fortunate.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company