Jump to content
Barry McCockinner

Jamal Adams Draft Position

Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?  

104 members have voted

  1. 1. Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?

    • Yes - It is important to remind everyone every time Adams is mentioned.
      21
    • No - What's done is done and I like it when the Jets have good players.
      83


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Since it is brought up ... frequently

this board doesn't need the 1,289th Adams thread

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's indeed not rocket science, yet somehow you're misunderstanding the points being made by multiple people and just repeating the same thing over and over.  

we'll franchise tag him and then let's see what happens with a good GM.  He is a solid leader and should be paid.  Team first but a good GM should be able to handle this. Not Mac, Idzik or Tanny, but a good GM.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes plus the number 6 pick and three 2’s or Darnold and Adams?

 

I love Sam, come on man. 
 

We could have a whole offense built around Mahomes right now.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Since it is brought up ... frequently

I bet we can all guess those who care.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's been explained numerous times.  Your inability to understand it is not our fault.  

I've also complained about guys like Leo, Polite, Darron Lee, etc. profusely.  So I also don't understand why people think we're laying into Adams alone.  

This is always how these threads start:

Most everyone: Jamal Adams is a good player.

Weird Jamal Stan: JAMAL ADAMS DEFLECTED A PASS. SUCK IT HATERS HE’S A DOMINANT PLAYER.

Sane person: Actually, you know, it’s...

Weird Jamal Stan: BETTER THAN LT

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CTM said:

[X] Op doesn't understand that his draft position will greatly impact upcoming contract negotiation

Totally untrue.  It will be determined by his play.  No one’s contract is effected by where they were drafted 5 years earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mahomes plus the number 6 pick and three 2’s or Darnold and Adams?

 

I love Sam, come on man. 
 

We could have a whole offense built around Mahomes right now.

All true. But it's a sunk cost. We have Adams and he's a border line all-pro player. Do we need to whine about what could have been every time he does something good? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

A good gm finds a way to keep their good players.

* With positional importance weighed into the equation.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All true. But it's a sunk cost. We have Adams and he's a border line all-pro player. Do we need to whine about what could have been every time he does something good? 

 

Nope.  But do Jamal fanboys need to yell "SUCK IT HATERS" every time he, you know, does his job?  That was the purpose of this thread, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mahomes plus the number 6 pick and three 2’s or Darnold and Adams?

 

I love Sam, come on man. 
 

We could have a whole offense built around Mahomes right now.

You didn't finish the sentence.

Mahomes plus the extra 3 second rounders PLUS more years of Macc and Bowles leading us nowhere.

Yes, Mahomes plus the picks would have been amazing but Todd Bowles is not Andy Reid and I suspect we would be mediocre at best even had we gone that way, and stuck with those two clowns for years to come.  I have no idea if Gase and Douglas are the answer, but at least they aren't a guaranteed failing grade year after year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the hate thrown at Adams is the only reason his fanboys say anything.

 

It was getting out of hand for awhile there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's been explained numerous times.  Your inability to understand it is not our fault.  

I've also complained about guys like Leo, Polite, Darron Lee, etc. profusely.  So I also don't understand why people think we're laying into Adams alone.  

And it’s still wrong.  
Both the explanation and the reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  But do Jamal fanboys need to yell "SUCK IT HATERS" every time he, you know, does his job?  That was the purpose of this thread, no?

The purpose of the thread was two fold.

  1. To see how many people actually care about his draft position at this point. I personally find it annoying when it's brought up every time he does something good. I wanted to see where the board stood 
  2. Hopefully to create a dumping ground for that discussion to occur rather than every thread he's mentioned in. I doubt this is successful, but it didn't cost me anything to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You didn't finish the sentence.

Mahomes plus the extra 3 second rounders PLUS more years of Macc and Bowles leading us nowhere.

Yes, Mahomes plus the picks would have been amazing but Todd Bowles is not Andy Reid and I suspect we would be mediocre at best even had we gone that way, and stuck with those two clowns for years to come.  I have no idea if Gase and Douglas are the answer, but at least they aren't a guaranteed failing grade year after year.

 

Mahomes is already one of the top 3 QB's in the NFL.  I don't give a f**k who the GM and HC is, you take Mahomes and run.  Eventually, Bowles and Macc would have gotten fired for failing to build/develop around him, would be my guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A #1 CB was just traded for two 1st rounders and a 4th

Outside pass rushers wreck other teams game plans and QBs

QB, well enough said by far the most important position in football.

Offensive Line - critical in keeping the above player alive and playing.  Can make medium QBs look way better (see Dak)

WR/RB/TE all important in giving your mos important player weapons, especially  when the NFL has bent over backwards to favor the offense.

Thus draft Dline, ILBs and Safeties uber high becasue they are the best at their position.

In a few years from now if the choice is to pay your pro bowle safety or address one of the important position you are going to let your safety walk if your team is smart.

- Adams is a good player but not tough to replace value wise.

- Adams takes flak for where he was drafted and who we passed on.

- Adams takes flak because he is a huge self promoter, that ducked and ran when things got a bit tough.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The purpose of the thread was two fold.

  1. To see how many people actually care about his draft position at this point. I personally find it annoying when it's brought up every time he does something good. I wanted to see where the board stood 
  2. Hopefully to create a dumping ground for that discussion to occur rather than every thread he's mentioned in. I doubt this is successful, but it didn't cost me anything to try.

Really? Shefter just tweeted you had to flip Max a conditional 4th.😁

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet that's not how any of this works.  Top Safety money is about $14M a year.  He'll want that or he'll walk.  And in no universe should we pay a Safety that amount when we need a brand new OL, 1-2 EDGE rushers, a CB1 and at least one more WR1/WR2.  

To play devil's advocate, I dont think we need a brand new OL.  Edoga, Lewis, Shell - could be a decent core.  Even remove one, that's just a FA and draft pick to get 4 solid starters.  That shouldnt hurt the cap too bad.  What edge rusher will be available worth that type of coin?  The recent contracts to "edge rushers" around the league havent exactly lived up to their billing.  Imagine if we signed Frank Clark or to a lesser extent Barr....how ape sh*t would this place be?  

And then look at the current roster, outside of Jamal Adams and eventually Darnold, who is worthy of a 2nd contract that is coming up anytime soon?   The thought is with a new regime that that team is going to immensely improve talent via the draft, right?  So if that happens in the next year or 2, would Adams still be considered a luxury player or at that point, a crucial piece to a young defense?  

I think the Jets are actually kind of in a fortunate place if they're interested in keeping Adams around long term.  Tru will come off soon, they could get out of Bell in 2 years and the only really heavy contract they're carrying is Mosley and an upcoming deal for Darnold.  Seems to me they could fit Adams easily and continue to add.  

Just thinking out loud...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im happy when they simply draft good players in the draft because we have historically drafted bad. 

Jamal Adams is a top NFL player. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

 What edge rusher will be available worth that type of coin?  The recent contracts to "edge rushers" around the league havent exactly lived up to their billing.  Imagine if we signed Frank Clark or to a lesser extent Barr....how ape sh*t would this place be?  

I wasn't talking about adding an EDGE in free agency, unless we got very lucky.  I'm more talking about the draft assets we'd get from Adams, and using the money we save by NOT paying Adams on, say, interior OL, and/or saving up for the day we have to pay Darnold.  

LT, EDGE, CB1 and WR likely all need to come from the draft.  Probably the next several drafts....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic always turns into everyone fighting. Max just locked a thread on this and I will lock this one if it goes in that direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTM said:

Yea sure, but it's going to drive what he asks for and believes he's worth. I said this in another thread that instigated this whiny thread,  but Marcus Maye was drafted 1 round later and his total contract is 4M compared to 22M for JA. So the starting point for negotiation is going to be much much higher with Jamal. Additionally, being a top pick and having a 22M contract makes him more well known, allowing him to parlay it into more jersey sales, more social media followers, more media coverage, more pro bowls etc.. all of which will be used in contract demands.

What if JD grades them out based solely on on field impact to be worth 5M a year, Maye would be getting a massive pay increase whereas Adams a cut. That is the issue.

These things don't exist in a vacuum.

[all of JN rises and speaks with one voice]

yes but it would be better if they did exist in a vacuum, so let's just continue this conversation as though they do

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real question is do people really watch the game like that?

its one thing to argue on the internets it’s a whole nother ballgame if you are actually thinking about that during a game 

thats actually kinda weak lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

bring it on lol GIF by Fearless

Good one Cocky B!

 

But I want this thread to stay somewhat civil. Don;t want Max showing up to find people slap fighting at 2 am again. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This topic always turns into everyone fighting. Max just locked a thread on this and I will lock this one if it goes in that direction. 

Haha. You guys got in trouble 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wasn't talking about adding an EDGE in free agency, unless we got very lucky.  I'm more talking about the draft assets we'd get from Adams, and using the money we save by NOT paying Adams on, say, interior OL, and/or saving up for the day we have to pay Darnold.  

LT, EDGE, CB1 and WR likely all need to come from the draft.  Probably the next several drafts....

Ok, then there is more money to pay Jamal, no?

Again, just thinking out loud.  This team is hot garbage.  Very few talented players and to let arguably one of only real talents on the team walk (he's not getting traded) when you can easily fit him under the cap and have a ton more to spend, why wouldnt you?

I get SS is a luxury, that's not my argument.  I'm coming from more from the angle of, who else are you going to pay? And if they really do improve the talent level on D, he's no longer a luxury but a chess piece, no?    He's not going to mail it in Mo Wilk style, you in the very least know exactly what you're getting which is very good to great. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Mahomes is already one of the top 3 QB's in the NFL.  I don't give a f**k who the GM and HC is, you take Mahomes and run.  Eventually, Bowles and Macc would have gotten fired for failing to build/develop around him, would be my guess.  

Nobody knew that Brady was going to be as good as he is. That's why he was drafted where he was. Mahomes was a boom or bust prospect. Considering the QB's who would be available the following year, it would have been way too risky too draft Mahomes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wasn't talking about adding an EDGE in free agency, unless we got very lucky.  I'm more talking about the draft assets we'd get from Adams, and using the money we save by NOT paying Adams on, say, interior OL, and/or saving up for the day we have to pay Darnold.  

LT, EDGE, CB1 and WR likely all need to come from the draft.  Probably the next several drafts....

let’s trade away a guaranteed productive, pro bowl player for a hope and a payer that the draft is 

So pissed he’s not Mahomes we should trade him as good as he is.  Ok, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's indeed not rocket science, yet somehow you're misunderstanding the points being made by multiple people and just repeating the same thing over and over.  

Yeah, no, not at all.

There was a point that was very clearly incorrect. That point was made based on emotion, and not logic, nor reality. I have called out why it was incorrect. You have similar emotional baggage to the poster who made the incorrect point.  If you are incapable of understanding why it was incorrect, thats on you, not on me. Im trying to help you out here bud. Whats the saying, you can only lead a horse to water......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mahomes plus the number 6 pick and three 2’s or Darnold and Adams?

 

I love Sam, come on man. 
 

We could have a whole offense built around Mahomes right now.

Mac would've whiffed on at least two of those three 2nd rd picks, SO... I'd rather build around Darnold, Adams, and last but not least Douglas replacing Mac. 

We'd still have Mac killing this franchise if he pulled Mahomes out of his fat ass. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...