Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

PFF Mock. Tua falls to 10, Miami goes D, Jets pass on Jeudy for OL

27 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

A lot of reports out of Miami has them passing on a quarterback this year and taking other positions. Probably having the number one pick the year after and going after the Clemson kid. 

I can't see that but you never know.

54 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This could be 2014 all over again, maybe even better at the top.   

Exactly.   If we take Thomas and come back with maybe Biadasz/Kindley in the 2nd.  OL is fixed and we could find some mid round gems and late round sleepers at WR like Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders and Quincy Enunwa!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Exactly.   If we take Thomas and come back with maybe Biadasz/Kindley in the 2nd.  OL is fixed and we could find some mid round gems and late round sleepers at WR like Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders and Quincy Enunwa!

26 posts.  From post #11 to 37.  As soon as Sec101 mentioned the 2014 draft, I knew it was only a matter of time until a Jalen Saunders/Shaq Evans mention.  Took a little longer than I expected (unless I missed an earlier reference).

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

As I’ve said, short of Darnold getting injured or coming down with gonorrhea...we aren’t picking in the Top 5.

At this point, someone like Tee Higgins, CeeDee Lamb, or Tristan Wirfs is more realistic than Jerry Jeudy or Andrew Thomas.

I think Jeudy ends up sliding a bit. He's real good but I don't see a Top 5 player. Combine will be very interesting this year with this WR position.

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think Jeudy ends up sliding a bit. He's real good but I don't see a Top 5 player. Combine will be very interesting this year with this WR position.

I know this is dumb to worry about, but he doesn’t look all that fast to me, and he plays on that ridiculously loaded offense. I know everyone loves that guy, but I don’t see him as a Julio Jones type prospect 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

This could be 2014 all over again, maybe even better at the top.   

I've been saying that for awhile now. My philosophy has always been to draft into the strength of the draft and don't wait for it to come too you.

There is always a run on the better players and if a GM plays cute you end up with Saunders, the UCLA kid(forgot his name already), and Enunwa. Fail, Fail , Fail

Good news is the strength of the draft lines up with huge needs for us. Can't see JD blowing it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

26 posts.  From post #11 to 37.  As soon as Sec101 mentioned the 2014 draft, I knew it was only a matter of time until a Jalen Saunders/Shaq Evans mention.  Took a little longer than I expected (unless I missed an earlier reference).

And I didn't read the other posts before I posted. At least he got Evans right, I couldn't even remember his name.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know this is dumb to worry about, but he doesn’t look all that fast to me, and he plays on that ridiculously loaded offense. I know everyone loves that guy, but I don’t see him as a Julio Jones type prospect 

He's not in a Julio Jones stratosphere. 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You dont watch or follow college Football so your opinion is irrelevant but if you did, you'd know the rumors coming out of Bama is that Jeudy ran a 4.25 at the Bama's junior pro day.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RobR said:

He's not in a Julio Jones stratosphere. 

Who is? 

17 hours ago, Lith said:

I mean, anytime you have a chance to illustrate how big of a diaster Izdick was, you have to take advantage. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why? He feels like he's got major Russell Wilson potential to me.

I dont see it.  Reminds me of Baker a little bit.  One read QB and his 1st read damn near always open and if it's not, he panics.  He's always looking for the big play and I dont think he knows how to manage a Football game and just take what the D gives him.  He doesnt quite throw the ball as well Russell.  Lots of lame ducks that just flop in the air and his guys go get it.  He feasts on the bad teams and he's very mediocre vs. good teams.  Looked terrible vs. Georgia and Clemson.

Looks like quenenstial college QB who plays on an all world team and only goes up against a team that compared twice a year, maybe.  And then there's the whole Bama factor. All their Qb's put up worldly numbers, all suck in the NFL.  I just dont see Tua breaking that chain.  

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I think Joe Burrow sucks.  

helena bonham carter what GIF

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

You dont watch or follow college Football so your opinion is irrelevant but if you did, you'd know the rumors coming out of Bama is that Jeudy ran a 4.25 at the Bama's junior pro day.

I feel like you should watch and follow my foot as I crane-kick you in the face

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would enjoy watching both your feet barely get 2 inches of the ground before you fell and broke your hip.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I mean, anytime you have a chance to illustrate how big of a diaster Izdick was, you have to take advantage. 

Words to live by

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Who is? 

A better comp would be Amari Cooper. There is also no way in hell Jeudy runs a 4.25......Ruggs maybe.

• Upvote 2

WRs and OLinemen litter the entire 1st round.  I'm hoping the Jets finish the season strongly enough to not have a Top 10 pick.  And, even if they're picking somewhere around say 11 or 12, I'd still support trading down to pick up another draft pick in Round 2.  There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the Jets can find a starting WR or OL somewhere late in Round 1.  The Draft is full of them.  I want a stud like OT Thomas or WR Jeudy as much as the next guy...but we really need to add some quantity in this draft.  Get as many picks in Round 2 and 3 as we can.

OT, WR, Center, CB!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobR said:

A better comp would be Amari Cooper. There is also no way in hell Jeudy runs a 4.25......Ruggs maybe.

I was more so saying, it's not really a knock to say he's not Julio.  Who is?  Julio was/is a true and I hate this term "generational" talent.  I dont think Jeudy is that but he's really freaking good.  It's funny, I sometimes forget AJ Green was taken before Julio but that's who Jeudy reminds me of. 

And you're right, it was Ruggs that was reported a 4.25 and Judy was like a 4.47.  Just found the article.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/alabama-wr-reportedly-runs-blazing-40-time-at-junior-pro-day/

• Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

WRs and OLinemen litter the entire 1st round.  I'm hoping the Jets finish the season strongly enough to not have a Top 10 pick.  And, even if they're picking somewhere around say 11 or 12, I'd still support trading down to pick up another draft pick in Round 2.  There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the Jets can find a starting WR or OL somewhere late in Round 1.  The Draft is full of them.  I want a stud like OT Thomas or WR Jeudy as much as the next guy...but we really need to add some quantity in this draft.  Get as many picks in Round 2 and 3 as we can.

OT, WR, Center, CB!

NO DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's funny, I sometimes forget AJ Green was taken before Julio but that's who Jeudy reminds me of. 

Jeudy doesn't remind me of AJ Green at all. He's not that big guy going up for the ball on the sidelines type of player......he's more of a space creator with sharp route running, hence the Cooper comparison. I like him, just don't see a top 5 type of player which leads back to my first post about him and why I could see him fall a bit. 

If he runs a mid 4.5 I could really see him drop but I think most of his times relating to athleticism will be good. Jumps, 3 cone, shuttle.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Jeudy doesn't remind me of AJ Green at all. He's not that big guy going up for the ball on the sidelines type of player......he's more of a space creator with sharp route running, hence the Cooper comparison. I like him, just don't see a top 5 type of player which leads back to my first post about him and why I could see him fall a bit. 

If he runs a mid 4.5 I could really see him drop but I think most of his times relating to athleticism will be good. Jumps, 3 cone, shuttle.

Do you remember Green in college?  Their games are really similar.  Down field, vertical threats, big ypr, they spread the field. Similar size, similar build, similar speed.  I agree AJ had more catch in traffic game but that was more the system too.  They just look like the same dude in pads.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Do you remember Green in college?  Their games are really similar.  Down field, vertical threats, big ypr, they spread the field. Similar size, similar build, similar speed.  I agree AJ had more catch in traffic game but that was more the system too.  They just look like the same dude in pads.  

Sorry, not getting that comparison at all. They have a similar build and all comparisons end there for me. Green is much taller, more physical, and faster. Jeudy can turn on a dime better.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Sorry, not getting that comparison at all. They have a similar build and all comparisons end there for me. Green is much taller, more physical, and faster. Jeudy can turn on a dime better.

I'm sitting here so confused, so did a quick google.  I didnt realize Jeudy was only 6'1 and Green was 6'4.  I thought they were both like 6'2/3.  I'm just going to see myself out the back door.

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

NO DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Jets draft 2 WRs, a Center, a Guard, an OT, a TE in Round 6 but then come back in Round 7 with a CB....  @JiF completely loses his sh!t and has a total meltdown! lol

computer throw GIF

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets draft 2 WRs, a Center, a Guard, an OT, a TE in Round 6 but then come back in Round 7 with a CB....  @JiF completely loses his sh!t and has a total meltdown! lol

computer throw GIF

Me, if they don't pick two WR's within the first four rounds.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm sitting here so confused, so did a quick google.  I didnt realize Jeudy was only 6'1 and Green was 6'4.  I thought they were both like 6'2/3.  I'm just going to see myself out the back door.

Tee Higgins is the better AJ Green comp.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 1:19 PM, T0mShane said:

Oooo someone just watched The Karate Kid.

• Haha 1

If the olineman is a prime blue chipper i'd take him ahead of jeudy very easily.  No questions asked.  And yes I like Jeudy a lot but we MUST address the oline in a big way.

I'd be perfectly happy to go oline rounds 1,2 and 3.  No joke

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the olineman is a prime blue chipper i'd take him ahead of jeudy very easily.  No questions asked.  And yes I like Jeudy a lot but we MUST address the oline in a big way.

I'd be perfectly happy to go oline rounds 1,2 and 3.  No joke

So?  Sign Castonzo and Scherff and then draft Jeudy

On 10/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, TJ said:

Would hate to pass on Jeudy.  Wish we already had a LT... 

the Jets have a starting left tackle on the roster his name is Chuma Edoga

the biggest needs are: 

Pass rush OLB

CB

WR 

Center

in that order 

how their needs line up to where they pick in the draft remains to be seen. they probably are going to pick in the 6-12 range not top 5 

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So?  Sign Castonzo and Scherff and then draft Jeudy

I am betting both those guys will be resigned before they hit FA (Schreff was not good last night also)