Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, Darnold

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting.  This might get a discussion going about those 5 QBs taken in the 1st round last year.  Haven't heard what people think about this yet.

It's incredible.

Darnold had a great game on Sunday, and ever since it ended, people can't go a few hours without starting a thread that knocks the other 4 Qbs, or proclaims Darnold their unquestioned cream of the crop. It's become beyond boring. I'm going to sit this one out as Sammy gets praised and we learn....

Mayfield = punk, sure to bust :yawn:

Allen = inaccurate, sure to bust :yawn:

Jackson = poor man's Cam Newton, injury waiting to happen :yawn:

Rosen = entitled douche, already a bust :yawn:

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's incredible.

Darnold had a great game on Sunday, and ever since it ended, people can't go a few hours without starting a thread that knocks the other 4 Qbs, or proclaims Darnold their unquestioned cream of the crop. It's become beyond boring. I'm going to sit this one out as Sammy gets praised and we learn....

Mayfield = turnover machine, sure to bust :yawn:

Fixed it for you

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

FWIW Jackson is having a great statistical season as a passer.   65% completion rate.  11 TD vs. 5 INT.  The running is a nice plus, but he looks pretty good and doesn't have top talent around him either.  He's making Mark Andrews the top TE in the league and rookie Marquise Brown look really good.  No way to tell if he'll pull an RGIII next year but for now, you have to give him props for his complete game.

Yes. Lamar's stock is soaring this season. Though if Sam plays well on Monday night the hype is going to really explode.

People love Sam. So refreshing as a Jets fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, ryu79 said:

Yes. Lamar's stock is soaring this season. Though if Sam plays well on Monday night the hype is going to really explode.

People love Sam. So refreshing as a Jets fan.

Agreed about Sam.  But let's not diminish Jackson's game to pump Sam up.  And let's not put Jackson in the Michael Vick box either.  Right now he's a very good passer.  Definitely an exciting young QB to watch.  What's frightening is that almost all of the really young QBs are in the AFC.  Things could get pretty interesting over the next few years.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

FWIW Jackson is having a great statistical season as a passer.   65% completion rate.  11 TD vs. 5 INT.  The running is a nice plus, but he looks pretty good and doesn't have top talent around him either.  He's making Mark Andrews the top TE in the league and rookie Marquise Brown look really good.  No way to tell if he'll pull an RGIII next year but for now, you have to give him props for his complete game.

And I'm sure people will come in here and say "bUt hE iS bEaTiNg bAd tEaMs!"

chicken GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

It's incredible.

Whats REALLY incredible?  Its everytime someone goes off feeling full of themselves over Darnolds great game and his talents youre there to act as the board monitor and reel them in.  i mean, F, who do these people think they are talking about the virtues of a Jets QB on a Jet board.

And come on you wouldnt give a shlt other than it puts your mancrush at least 2nd and as a fanboy you feel the need to defend Baker.  Stop being like others who have no idea how being a fan works

You used to be a good read, lately not so much, this isnt a Browns board, we pretty much all dislike the punk.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats REALLY incredible?  Its everytime someone goes off feeling full of themselves over Darnolds great game and his talents youre there to act as the board monitor and reel them in.  i mean, F, who do these people think they are talking about the virtues of a Jets QB on a Jet board.

And come on you wouldnt give a shlt other than it puts your mancrush at least 2nd and as a fanboy you feel the need to defend Baker.  Stop being like others who have no idea how being a fan works

You used to be a good read, lately not so much, this isnt a Browns board, we pretty much all dislike the punk.  

You want to discuss something with me, do it like an adult, and keep it civil. If you do that I'll talk as long as you want about anything you want.

You want to go out of your way to talk like this, you can forget discussing anything with me. Neither of us are children, don't talk to me like I'm one.

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's incredible.

I know your joking but your actually spot on! 

Mayfield is way to concerned about Twitter and what people think about him. He needs to bury his head in the playbook and stfu. 5tds and 11 picks on the year with a 56 completion % thus far proves that. He's progressing the wrong way.(Also Freddie kitchens was a poor hire)

Allen has improved this year but he is still inaccurate and a turnover machine. The bills remind me of the 09 -10 jets with Sanchez. Great team sh*t qb. He is the weakest link on that team.

Jackson has looked solid but I'm far from sold on him. He's similar to Allen in that he can run the ball but he's slightly better. Week 1 he put up 5tds vs the dolphins. And he's been riding that hype. since then he has only put up 6tds and 5ints in the next 5 weeks. Far from impressive IMO.

And I just feel bad for Rosen. From Cardinals to Dolphins. Enough said.

And then there's Darnold Schwarzenegger...

Easily the best of the bunch.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's incredible.

Rosen has the most punchable face in the NFL. Add that to his insufferable personality and he may make more money in a state fair dunk tank than he does in the NFL.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Good QBs make their own weaponz.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The way the draft fell there was a zero percent chance Macc didn’t select Darnold there. He is a consensus picker in top of first round. I’m just grateful he wasn’t faced with the choice of Rosen or Allen (no way he reached for Jackson). I believe he would’ve gone with Rosen, the higher consensus pick. We’ve already seen what Rosen is behind a crap OL. The calls of Tank for Tua would be loud and legitimate.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And everytime a point is made that Darnold can be great without others being busts people seem to have a problem with it.

And c'mon many Jets fans wouldnt give a crap if it wasnt involving Mayfield, given how much they dislike the punk. Now we're going to crap on Larmar Jackson, though he's having the best season out of all of the 2nd year QB's and is the only one to have made the playoffs? And that's cool because that's what being a Jets fan is??? Foolishness.

And this is a Browns board since they're also part of the NFL. Maybe you haven't realized that,  but you haven't seen any post or threads deleted by Mods when talking about other teams in the league. The irony here is that the folks being called Browns fans or Mayfield fanboys have made NONE of the Browns-centric threads that have become so popular. So what the heck is the point of continuously saying that this isn't a Browns forum to folks who didnt even make the half-dozen threads that focus on the Browns and their QB??? We currently have an active Josh Rosen thread well as a Ryan Fitztragic thread on the forum right now. Do you see how this is also a Dolphins thread? How about the multiple Patriots threads? Foolishness.

@CTM was absolutely, 100% correct. This was all just insecurity by many Jets fans. 

And @14 in Green has always been a good read. You're just upset that he's not acting like a hater in order to bestow more credit to Darnold when Darnold's performance tells the story already. Too many people confuse being a fan with having to be an insecure hater to everything else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Amoretz.

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

Who cares that Jackson has played really well over 5 games. Darnold just had a great half! 1/2 > 5

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Was just thinking about this. Out of the 5, Darnold might be the only legit passer in the bunch. How did we get so lucky?

P.S. I said passer because Jackson is a legit offensive  threat but that is more with his legs. 

It wasn't luck.

Maccagnan had been out to see like 5 USC games that year.  He was targeting Sam.

Macc may end up being our best GM of all time.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You want to discuss something with me, do it like an adult, and keep it civil. If you do that I'll talk as long as you want about anything you want.

You want to go out of your way to talk like this, you can forget discussing anything with me. Neither of us are children, don't talk to me like I'm one.

Its totally civil.  I like what you post, like you.  But youre criticizing fans, Jets fans for being Jets fans.  For caring about their team and player, wanting to talk him up. Its called acting like fans.  

Fans have compared and argued over player at the same position since the dawn of sports.  Willie, Mickey and the Duke ring a bell?  Matingly and Hernandez?  Its part of sports.  Every post that someone does what is part of the deal and you criticize them

Look in the mirrior before claiming anyone is being treated like a baby.  We're going to defend Darnold over Baker all day, every day.  We're Jets fans wake up already and recognize that.  Its not a big deal, dont make it into one 

You actually thought it was appropriate to lecture fans in the Darnold wins AFC Offensive Player Of The Week award thread with this gem:

When you are done taking your little victory lap, am I allowed to point out that Mayfield won the Offensive Rookie of the YEAR award, and a few OPOW's last year. Nice to see Sam finally get on the board though.  :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It wasn't luck.

Maccagnan had been out to see like 5 USC games that year.  He was targeting Sam.

Macc may end up being our best GM of all time.

I don't  think Mac knew Cleveland was taking Baker. I actually thought there was no way they wouldn't  take Darnold but they took Baker which really surprised me not because of his talent level, it was his maturity  level which Darnold and just about all the others showed a higher level. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are we doing this?

Mayfield is a great thrower of the football and eventually  will IMO be an outstanding NFL QB.  

No need to compare, just be happy we have Sam Darnold..

I’ve said it before Sam Darnold reminds me a lot of Otto Graham. The way he plays and runs and savvy in the pocket.  

Because we are the team that normally picks the wrong player and watch the other guy develop into a star. For once we have the sure fire guy and someone else has to hope the other guy fixes his problems.

Ans as far as Baker,  he will shatter Peytons pick off record this year. He is about halfway there and has only played 6 games

6 hours ago, ljr said:

No reason to belittle the other QB’s

Darnold looks good so far ... that is enough

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We are Jet fans. We have had to watch First round picks totally suck. Lee, Pryor, Williams,  Penny, Blair Thomas. Do you remember Blair?  That draft was loaded. 

Finally we made the right pick when so many others could have been wrong

Could you imagine if Baker was spraying the ball all over the field spraying picks all over the place, bad mouthing the refs, talking trash on the Jets, Rosen playing behind this line? Allen making baby steps seem like normal year to year progress. 

Yeah, I'm saying it.  I have seen enough of Darnold to know he is going to be a real QB for the Jets. Finally. 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

And everytime a point is made that Darnold can be great without others being busts people seem to have a problem with it.

And c'mon many Jets fans wouldnt give a crap if it wasnt involving Mayfield, given how much they dislike the punk. Now we're going to crap on Larmar Jackson, though he's having the best season out of all of the 2nd year QB's and is the only one to have made the playoffs? And that's cool because that's what being a Jets fan is??? Foolishness.

And this is a Browns board since they're also part of the NFL. Maybe you haven't realized that,  but you haven't seen any post or threads deleted by Mods when talking about other teams in the league. The irony here is that the folks being called Browns fans or Mayfield fanboys have made NONE of the Browns-centric threads that have become so popular. So what the heck is the point of continuously saying that this isn't a Browns forum to folks who didnt even make the half-dozen threads that focus on the Browns and their QB??? We currently have an active Josh Rosen thread well as a Ryan Fitztragic thread on the forum right now. Do you see how this is also a Dolphins thread? How about the multiple Patriots threads? Foolishness.

@CTM was absolutely, 100% correct. This was all just insecurity by many Jets fans. 

And @14 in Green has always been a good read. You're just upset that he's not acting like a hater in order to bestow more credit to Darnold when Darnold's performance tells the story already. Too many people confuse being a fan with having to be an insecure hater to everything else. 

I agree with everything except @14 in Green being a good read but I'm sure he/she/it already knows that.

I guess some people don't recognize sarcasm, even a lame attempt like that one. Get a grip fellas.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's incredible.

I’ve been a Sam man from the beginning but honestly I just don’t understand how we just can’t be happy Sammy is back and balling. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's incredible.

It's boring for a fanbase who hasnt had a franchise QB since Joe Namath to be excited about their QB looking like franchise QB?

You aint fooling anyone, this is your favorite topic.  Especially when it includes the Bakery.