Biggest Jets win in your lifetime?

Rhg1084

for me, and the way I felt, it had to be the game on 9/11/11 against the cowboys.

I understand i'm not local like a lot of you.  I'm not a season ticket holder, and I dont make it out to a game every year, but that feeling of being there in that stadium, on that day, that anniversary, was and is something that could never be duplicated.

Being down by 2 touchdowns going into the 4th quarter

Having Joe McKnight(RIP) block that punt and Trufant run that home. Revis locking down one of the best WR that year in Dez  on the final drive to get the pic setting up the game winning FG is something I'll never forget.

That was a game we were meant to win that day.  I've never heard the stadium louder, and in my opinion that was one of the best games in our franchise's history.

I get chills every time I think of that game.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

A little simplistic to say only SB wins are “big wins.” We maybe haven’t had lots of success over the years but make no mistake this is a storied franchise.

Really disappoints me to hear some fans say if a season doesn’t end with a ring it is a failure. It completely misses the main point of sports specifically and entertainment in general, no to mention the camaraderie (commisery?) with other fans. Why do we watch if 97% of all teams each year are failures?

Well, I guess this is where you and I agree to disagree.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Strongly. I hope you don't approach your and your childrens' endeavors with the same philosophy.

I see what you mean about everything being distilled to binary here, @CTM

Easier. And the format encourages it particularly if you let anything here get under your skin.

• Upvote 1

Just to throw out a game not mentioned yet....Jets at Raiders Week 17 2001

Needed a win to make the playoffs, John Hall hits a 53 yard FG to win it with a minute left.

Winning that game got us into the playoffs, where we had to go back to Oakland 6 days later and lost to the Raiders. Hated the Raiders back then....it was nice to win that Week 17 game against them.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200201060rai.htm#all_pbp

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk