If the Jets beat the Patriots

Maxman

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

This season will get real interesting in a hurry. I think they have a shot, hoping for good news on the CJ Mosley front! But the schedule gets easier, they could go a a run. Hopefully that run has already begun.

So if they beat the Pats I think there will be some optimism for the first time in a long time. Let's go Jets!

I can't wait to tailgate on Monday. Going to be a lot of fun.

Was just going through the schedule again. Honestly, if we get and stay healthy, other than the Pats game, I don't see a truly difficult game except for the Ravens and Bills. Even if we pencil in those three as Ls, but we take care of business in the other games, we're looking at a 9-7 season. Not having a K to start the season may come back to haunt us.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This season will get real interesting in a hurry. I think they have a shot, hoping for good news on the CJ Mosley front! But the schedule gets easier, they could go a a run. Hopefully that run has already begun.

So if they beat the Pats I think there will be some optimism for the first time in a long time. Let's go Jets!

If the Jets beat the Patriots, which I actually think they can if the refs dont get involved which they will because the NFL is trash so I dont see it happening...but IF...

then get ready for CJ and I to come up to crash your tailgate to watch the Jets possibly break .500 vs. Oakland. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

If the Jets beat the Patriots, which I actually think they can if the refs dont get involved which they will because the NFL is trash so I dont see it happening...but IF...

then get ready for CJ and I to come up to crash your tailgate to watch the Jets possibly break .500 vs. Oakland. 

Bet!

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

A loss is expected, but a win totally resets the season.  At 2-4, with a less challenging schedule ahead we might actually get to something like....dare I say....9-7.  ( @SAR I )

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I said it to all my Jets fan friends before the season:  if the Jets came out of the first 7 games at 3-4 or better, they are set.  With all the crap that we have had to deal with, they could still go 2-5, as Jags game is definitely winnable.  but if by some miracle, they actually beat the Pats and Jags and are right at that 3-4?  My God!!

• Upvote 3

That Patriot Defense is holding under 9 points on average, our D must do likewise, or close to that number to beat them and it can be done. Turnovers, followed by scoring 6 not 3 is a must for this Jets team. It will take a complete team full effort for 60 min. by all 3 phases to beat the Patriots. It is a big ask, but can be done.

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It sure could launch a nice win streak given the drop off of the schedule in the weeks ahead. 

Once you get on a roll it can steamroll.  

We can only hope

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

That Patriot Defense is holding under 9 points on average, our D must do likewise, or close to that number to beat them and it can be done. Turnovers, followed by scoring 6 not 3 is a must for this Jets team. It will take a complete team full effort for 60 min. by all 3 phases to beat the Patriots. It is a big ask, but can be done.

Pats haven't played an offense yet... Not one... And Giants almost made a come back with no weapons, zero secondary, and I think darnold is better then the jones. 

Bills should have won but Allen got knocked out which hurt their chances at a come back

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Very true.

But lets be honest that Pats D was made with some horrid Os on their schedule so really should be taken with a little scrutiny.  Dolphins, Jets with Falk, Giants without Saquon,  Redskins.  They can only play whos on their schedule but theyve had some games that help their numbers.  

Hopefully its more schedule than killer D

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Pats haven't played an offense yet... Not one... And Giants almost made a come back with no weapons, zero secondary, and I think darnold is better then the jones. 

Bills should have won but Allen got knocked out which hurt their chances at a come back

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Very true.

But lets be honest that Pats D was made with some horrid Os on their schedule so really should be taken with a little scrutiny.  Dolphins, Jets with Falk, Giants without Saquon,  Redskins.  They can only play whos on their schedule but theyve had some games that help their numbers.  

Hopefully its more schedule than killer D

It can become a mindset, and a rallying point that to themselves that they are unbeatable, the Patriot D. Our offense is going to have to be consistent for 4 quarters, and just as relentless as the Jets D must be, none of this 21 points in the 1st half, 3 in the second half crap.

• Upvote 1

I know we all read “0-4 teams have a .1% chance of making the playoffs” etc. which is true. 

However win or lose on Monday, let’s all remember that JUST LAST SEASON the colts started 1-5 and finished 10-6 and won a playoff game.  

We had a brutal schedule and lost arguably our 2 best players for most of that stretch. It would be hard to go 10-1 to close out the season and as a Jet fan it seems impossible but we have a much better team then our record suggests.....anything can happen. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If we beat the Pats on national tv somehow a 2-4 team will become one of the hottest and most talked about. After the Pats the schedule may be one of the easiest in the league. If Sam gets better every game, watch out. Honestly I will not concede the season even if we lose at 1-5 just because of the schedule. Don't get me wrong I know how hard a run be at 1-5 but wont lose hope just yet. BUT if we peat the Pats Monday, WATCH OUT! Agree will be in the parking lot Monday pumped. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Problem is, you  need to beat the Pats in 4 phases. The refs will most certainly be a factor. I can see 2-3 roughing the passer calls against the Jets and no offensive holding calls against the Pats. Throw in 3 defensive holdings and two pass interferences and well....

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I wonder if it would change the trade deadline plans. The schedule is very Jet friendly after this week sneaking out a win would be huge but it’s gonna be a tough task

I hope not. The only move I see us making is trading Leo. I just don’t think he moves the needle enough to be concerned about trading him. Get a 2nd or 3rd And get after it with the rest of the guys. 

The Jets season would officially be turned around if they beat the Pats.  It's a big ask on Monday night, even if Mosely is healthy, but that's why you play the games!  The Pats D has been tough, but how great would it be for Darnold to have the statement game of his career on national TV?  I'm getting a little tingly just thinking about it! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

40 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I wonder if it would change the trade deadline plans. The schedule is very Jet friendly after this week sneaking out a win would be huge but it’s gonna be a tough task

It probably would but I am not sure how much they have to trade. Robby they should keep either way, he is awesome with Sam. Leonard should be traded if they can either way.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sounds like a plan!

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets season would officially be turned around if they beat the Pats.  It's a big ask on Monday night, even if Mosely is healthy, but that's why you play the games!  The Pats D has been tough, but how great would it be for Darnold to have the statement game of his career on national TV?  I'm getting a little tingly just thinking about it! 

I hope Sam is ready. Eventually he will beat them. He's too talented.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

A big "if", but I'm with you.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It popped into my head that in Sam's freshman year, after the team had a lousy start with a different QB, they made him the starter and he won 9 in a row, including the Rose Bowl.   Something like that would be pretty great.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It probably would but I am not sure how much they have to trade. Robby they should keep either way, he is awesome with Sam. Leonard should be traded if they can either way.

I wonder if it would make them buyers not that I’m advocating for that but a win at NE would change the whole dynamic of the season.  I’d still trade Leo if it brought back a good pick though fwiw 

• Upvote 1

If we beat the Pats we have a legit shot at going on a run and making the playoffs. The AFC just isn't very deep -- after the Pats, Chiefs and maybe the Texans who else is even a sure thing for the playoffs? A lot of mediocre teams and we will have played the hardest part of our schedule with a very weak stretch where we could string together a lot of wins.

• Upvote 1