If the Jets beat the Patriots

Maxman

1 minute ago, chrebet26 said:

I said it’s unlikely but possible. While agree with your argument jets will play extremely inspired. If we get a tipped pass int or a fumble recovery it could shift things in our direction. It’s the NFL anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Correction: It's the NFL. The game results don't stray very far from the pre-determined outcomes.

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If we beat the Pats we have a legit shot at going on a run and making the playoffs. The AFC just isn't very deep -- after the Pats, Chiefs and maybe the Texans who else is even a sure thing for the playoffs? A lot of mediocre teams and we will have played the hardest part of our schedule with a very weak stretch where we could string together a lot of wins.

And the Chiefs are on a downward spiral right now. This is the perfect time to go on a roll!           

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Crazy optimism coming off of one win.

The Pats are better than the Jets in every aspect of the game, landslide edge on coaching, and will get a minimum of 6 shady calls/non-calls fron the refs.

No shot. None.

You always have a shot

1969 - New York Jets 16, Baltimore Colts 7

1980 - USA 4, USSR 3

1990 - Buster Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson

2000 - Rulon Gardner wins Olympic gold medal over Aleksandr Karelin

2004 - Greece wins Euro 2004

2007 - Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32

1950 - USA shuts out England in the FIFA World Cup

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We are not beating the pats.

We have had one good game and it was a 2 point convert from going to over time.

More often than not we take a big dump on national tv

No matter how hard we play the refs will ensure a pats win.

We are not beating the Pats.

Just like they weren't beating the Cowboys... 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

The Pats are better than the Jets in every aspect of the game, landslide edge on coaching, and will get a minimum of 6 shady calls/non-calls fron the refs.

No shot. None.

Just like they had no shot at beating the pats in the playoffs with Rex after getting drubbed earlier in that season 45-3

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

No shot. None.

And I'm not only sure that everyone would have said the same going into the Dallas game but a lot of people still would after we beat them.  

Its football there's always a shot.  Anyone who watches knows that.

4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

A win Monday would create a path back to .500 at 4-4 and change the whole season with an easy schedule going forward.  Biggest game in a while for this franchise coming up.

I think that means we would have to beat the Raiders and according to one fan it's not happening.lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

This season will get real interesting in a hurry. I think they have a shot, hoping for good news on the CJ Mosley front! But the schedule gets easier, they could go a a run. Hopefully that run has already begun.

So if they beat the Pats I think there will be some optimism for the first time in a long time. Let's go Jets!

I can't wait to tailgate on Monday. Going to be a lot of fun.

Not to knock this post, but Phil here writes basically “if the Jets beat the Patriots that would be good” and seventeen people rushed to give it positive rep. That’s some high-grade bootlicking. Jesus, people, have some semblance of personal dignity.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to knock this post, but Phil here writes basically “if the Jets beat the Patriots that would be good” and seventeen people rushed to give it positive rep. That’s some high-grade bootlicking. Jesus, people, have some semblance of personal dignity.

Alright it is officially on now. Just wait for my next thread.  :)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think that means we would have to beat the Raiders and according to one fan it's not happening.lol

The Raiders don't scare me, especially that defense.  Their wins have come against Denver before they found their identity in week 1, the Colts, and the Bears without Trubisky.  They got smoked by the Chiefs and Vikings.

With a healthy Sam and CJ we can beat them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

A loss is expected, but a win totally resets the season.  At 2-4, with a less challenging schedule ahead we might actually get to something like....dare I say....9-7.  ( @SAR I )

path.jpg

If we beat the Patriots, that’s actually getting us to 10-6. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Have to overcome the refs no doubt but we will win monday night. It is the two weeks after that concern me. Past jets would win a big game then lose the next two against weaker teams. 

We have to avoid that happening and I do think this staff has the right approach. We stop the cowboys on 4th down and stay aggressive and score before the half. Previous mindset would have controlled the ball and go into the half at 14-3.or punted back.

Good or bad I do believe they stay aggressive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

That Patriot Defense is holding under 9 points on average, our D must do likewise, or close to that number to beat them and it can be done. Turnovers, followed by scoring 6 not 3 is a must for this Jets team. It will take a complete team full effort for 60 min. by all 3 phases to beat the Patriots. It is a big ask, but can be done.

They have played Pitt, MIA, Jets, Bills, Redskins and Giants.  Not many juggernauts there.  

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

This season will get real interesting in a hurry. I think they have a shot, hoping for good news on the CJ Mosley front! But the schedule gets easier, they could go a a run. Hopefully that run has already begun.

So if they beat the Pats I think there will be some optimism for the first time in a long time. Let's go Jets!

I can't wait to tailgate on Monday. Going to be a lot of fun.

If the Jets beat the Pats they will lose to Jax.  That's what happens when you play your Super Bowl in October.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hedging 

Not hedging.  Pats O-line is sh*t right now. Will be better when Wynn gets back.  Anyway, any given Sunday (or Monday), is true and it is your Super Bowl, so I expect to see a really good game from the Jets and if your efforts result I a win, I expect you to lose the following week, Why?  History.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Garb said:

Not hedging.  Pats O-line is sh*t right now. Will be better when Wynn gets back.  Anyway, any given Sunday (or Monday), is true and it is your Super Bowl, so I expect to see a really good game from the Jets and if your efforts result I a win, I expect you to lose the following week, Why?  History.

Insecurity is a hell of a drug my dear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Insecurity is a hell of a drug my dear. 

Nah, I just refuse to be a jinx.   I've noticed that over-confidence usually leads to great disappointment.  So, I try to stay neutral - maybe lean towards the negative a little bit. It has worked six times! ;)

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

What do you mean "If"?

We're gonna kick their asses on national tv.

True test to see if Gase can implement a game plan to decipher the Pats D. Their offense has been pedestrian this year. Brady gettin old! Herndon playing is a huge key. 

Everybody here keeps saying how the Pats always get favorable calls from the refs.  Is there any actual statistical evidence of this? Are penalties being tracked somewhere?  Methinks there would have been a "penalty-gate" scandal by now if it were a real thing.