If the Jets beat the Patriots

Maxman

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

pats are better then the cowboys, the pats get 95% of the calls from the refs.

I have no doubt the jets will play a good game, they can't over come the biased reffing.

Yes you are right..  Tough game... Is it impossible... No..  Very hard... Yes... 

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

I know we all read “0-4 teams have a .1% chance of making the playoffs” etc. which is true.

You know what else is true?  83% of NFL playoff brackets in the last 15 years feature a team that went 0-3, 1-4, or 1-5 during the season.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You know what else is true?  83% of NFL playoff brackets in the last 15 years feature a team that went 0-3, 1-4, or 1-5 during the season.

SAR I

Also, Sam got promoted to starter on a losing Trojan team his freshman year and won 9 straight, including the Rose Bowl.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that we could make it.  Maybe not likely, but I like to think positive.

20 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Also, Sam got promoted to starter on a losing Trojan team his freshman year and won 9 straight, including the Rose Bowl.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that we could make it.  Maybe not likely, but I like to think positive.

Awesome datapoint.  Combine that with Adam Gase turning 1-5 into 10-6 the same year and it's like the Gods are talking to us.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, pfilippone said:

Everybody here keeps saying how the Pats always get favorable calls from the refs.  Is there any actual statistical evidence of this? Are penalties being tracked somewhere?  Methinks there would have been a "penalty-gate" scandal by now if it were a real thing.  

I’m assuming by your confusion that you lack eyeballs or are just trolling ..

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

This season will get real interesting in a hurry. I think they have a shot, hoping for good news on the CJ Mosley front! But the schedule gets easier, they could go a a run. Hopefully that run has already begun.

So if they beat the Pats I think there will be some optimism for the first time in a long time. Let's go Jets!

I can't wait to tailgate on Monday. Going to be a lot of fun.

if the Jets beat the Patriots max can you delete my thread with the 62 buttfumbles?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

True test to see if Gase can implement a game plan to decipher the Pats D. Their offense has been pedestrian this year. Brady gettin old! Herndon playing is a huge key. 

And I'm not sold on their D yet either.

They've played:  Miami, Washington, Darnold-less Jets, Midgets, Buffalo n Steelers.

Jets should definitely be in this game, and I'm thinking Jets win.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

almost decade ago, has no bearing on anything today.

WTF, Of course not... The point is that everyone counted the Jets out and they won... Same could happen here...

What don't you understand? I assume he was just trying to make a relationship to the overall fact that on any given Sunday either team can win. Especially in division.

1 hour ago, Awesumtenor said:

We're not losing to the Redskins...

Do you think we're winning 7 games in a row?  I don't.  So I picked the Skins as the loss as it sits conveniently in the middle of the other 6.  Pick any other of the Soft 7 games you like.  We're going to lose one.

SAR I

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We are not beating the pats.

We have had one good game and it was a 2 point convert from going to over time.

More often than not we take a big dump on national tv

No matter how hard we play the refs will ensure a pats win.

We are not beating the Pats.

Ok

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Do you think we're winning 7 games in a row?  I don't.  So I picked the Skins as the loss as it sits conveniently in the middle of the other 6.  Pick any other of the Soft 7 games you like.  We're going to lose one.

SAR I

Prolly lose to raiders not skins

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And I'm not only sure that everyone would have said the same going into the Dallas game but a lot of people still would after we beat them.  

Its football there's always a shot.  Anyone who watches knows that.

New England isn't Dallas. 

"Anyone who watches football" understands that they are more talented, better coached, and have the league script in their favor.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Monday night game is almost a must win game for the Jets.   You can’t go 0-4 in the AFC , and hope to be a playoff team at 9-7 .  Why.  Tiebreakers are determine by head to head matchup( lost to two potential wildcard  contending teams already Browns, and Bills), and by AFC record.            Do the math 0-4  in the AFC plus games against Ravens, Raiders , and Bills again.  ( even if you win one).  6-6 isn’t going to cut it in the AFC in the tie breaking formula.    ( Most likely one of the tied teams competing for that last Wild card spot will have a better AFC record.

So for your playoff dream not to end, you need to beat the Patriots Monday night. 

I think if the Jets win it would be a huge morale booster but even with this game penciled in as an L, they could still get to 9-7 simply based on the weakness of the schedule. So while this would be a big win its not going to decide our playoff fate one way or the other.  

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

New England isn't Dallas. 

"Anyone who watches football" understands that they are more talented, better coached, and have the league script in their favor.

And this has what exactly to do with no one thought we would beat Dallas?  

You like telling people that we don't have a chance each week?  I don't buy it or even the league script that some see in their sleep

11 hours ago, JiF said:

If the Jets beat the Patriots, which I actually think they can if the refs dont get involved which they will because the NFL is trash so I dont see it happening...but IF...

then get ready for CJ and I to come up to crash your tailgate to watch the Jets possibly break .500 vs. Oakland. 

CJ Measly? Eff him, he is a non factor now.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

This season will get real interesting in a hurry. I think they have a shot, hoping for good news on the CJ Mosley front! But the schedule gets easier, they could go a a run. Hopefully that run has already begun.

So if they beat the Pats I think there will be some optimism for the first time in a long time. Let's go Jets!

Well said Max we are only 2 games out of a WC spot !!

18 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The refs will not allow the patriots to lose. This is the year they go undefeated so Brady and bb can retire. If we play competitively the yellow flags will come out to put us in our place.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Madison Avenue has spoken...”So it is Written, So it Shall be Done”....totally agree.  League more and more like Pro Wrestling while Tom Brady is in it.

Anyone who thought the “Hurricane of Yellow Flags” raining down on the Jets during that last Cowboy drive last Sunday was way way more than “a bit much”, well you ain’t seen nothing yet if the Jets are about to beat New England in a close game Monday Night.

Heck they wouldn’t even let an obvious TD, confirmed by replay stand on that Austin Sefarian-Jenkins catch against NE not long ago..(this game is Waaaay Too Close for our liking, they’ll be none of that now (Jets scoring TDs).

On 10/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, Maxman said:

We have a shot to win the game. But prob no chance to make the playoffs. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, Maxman said:

What's on the menu ?