Chuma Edoga

CTJetsFan

27 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

So it took 5 years for Macc to get 1 OL and it took JD 5 months. Man was I wrong about Macc.

2 down. 3 more to go. There’s a few interior OL that’ll likely hit FA. Im hoping we can get 1 or 2. Then get our LT in the draft. Done.

I'm really asking for a lot but I'd love to see the Jets find their Center of the future in this upcoming Draft, getting our next Mawae/Mangold, etc.

• Upvote 1

Would like to see Edoga get some LT reps before year end. Could open up the draft a little if he’s a viable option there. Obviously need to go OL regardless at several spots but if they want a LT probably has to happen R1 and may not have the flexibility to move down. If best offensive player is a tackle pop him anyway but would be nice to take say a WR if head and shoulders the best guy available. 

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we would have given mac 5 more years he could have rebuilt the oline!

(Then 5 more for olbs, 5 more for Wra, 5 more for CBs)

If Nico Falah wasn't signed off our practice squad, we would have had our starting center.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:00 PM, Legend Killa7 said:

Now THIS is the kind of stuff I like to see!  Let's hope this kid works out!!

and what is the deal with Harrison?  he should be playing for Kalil IMO.

Not so sure about replacing Kalil at this moment...he had a good game against DAL, and I’m starting to think it’s just taken him a longer than hoped for to work himself back into football shape. 
mid you want to replace Winters with Harrison that’s another story ;)

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Not so sure about replacing Kalil at this moment...he had a good game against DAL, and I’m starting to think it’s just taken him a longer than hoped for to work himself back into football shape. 
mid you want to replace Winters with Harrison that’s another story ;)

I hope you're right, and I agree he had a better game against Dal (not saying much) but part of me believes Sam had a LOT to do with that!  Guy played amazing!

50 minutes ago, Lith said:

It's funny prior to the season when people were complaining about the OL, I can remember distinctly saying QB play elevates OL play and if Darnold takes the next step, he can cover for some of the deficiencies.  Mon will really put that to the test considering the first time vs. NE they gave up 5 sacks, a ton more pressures and average 1.8 ypc. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's funny prior to the season when people were complaining about the OL, I can remember distinctly saying QB play elevates OL play and if Darnold takes the next step, he can cover for some of the deficiencies.  Mon will really put that to the test considering the first time vs. NE they gave up 5 sacks, a ton more pressures and average 1.8 ypc. 

I think he proved that to he true vs dallas

55 minutes ago, genot said:

If Nico Falah wasn't signed off our practice squad, we would have had our starting center.

Per ESPN:

3 months ago:  Falah was officially placed on Injured Reserve by the Broncos on Tuesday with a torn Achilles, Ryan O'Halloran of The Denver Post reports.

I don't think he played much last year either.

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Per ESPN:

3 months ago:  Falah was officially placed on Injured Reserve by the Broncos on Tuesday with a torn Achilles, Ryan O'Halloran of The Denver Post reports.

I don't think he played much last year either.

He won the starting job before he got hurt. that was my point.

Seems kinda assbackwards to me to put Shell at LT and Edoga on the right side.

I guess they’re concerned about putting too much on the rookie’s plate this early, but Edoga clearly has the footwork and athleticism to play on the left side while Shell is clearly more suited for the right.

Then again, with more and more teams lining up their best passrusher over the RT, I guess it makes some sense.

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

It is amazing how good Brady has made some mediocre offensive lines look over the years by getting the ball out fast.  And when those guys go to other teams as free agents they inevitably disappoint.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

(inserts picture of blind squirrel finding a nut)

Way I look at it, every NFL GM is going to hit on ~25% of his moves.  Every NFL GM is going to whiff on 25% of his moves.  It is what happens with the other 50% that separates good from bad.  Chuma, Herndon, Cashman all look like nice mid round picks. 

Its ok to think Macc made some nice moves, but still was a bad GM.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, thshadow said:

@RobR, who I find to be pretty reasonable on our draft picks (i.e. he criticizes most of them :-) ), loved the Edoga pick when it was made.

HaHa very true on both accounts.

I loved the Edoga pick so much when we handed in the card that it lead to the only time I started a thread here on JN. Everything I mentioned back then and even before the draft is now coming to fruition. Hope he keeps stacking games.

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

HaHa very true on both accounts.

I loved the Edoga pick so much when we handed in the card that it lead to the only time I started a thread here on JN. Everything I mentioned back then and even before the draft is now coming to fruition. Hope he keeps stacking games.

And let's keep it that way!! LOL

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Seems to be coming along well. Hopefully he continues to trend up

Great post. What you will also notice is that he has an amazing first step, turns his hips, and gains ground from the snap. His hands have come a long way since he was drafted but he has some great feet. That's a trait that you're born with or you'll never have it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hael said:

Pff has him at a 51 grade currently, which is pretty bad.  It’s at least trending upward, after one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen in Philly.

so yea, I’m not sold.  OL usually take a few years, so we shall see.

He's a young rookie that beat out our starting RT for the last 3+ years. He'll be a good one and I don't say that very often.