Maxman

The T0mShane, Jamal Adams & Kevin Mawae Connection

Hmmm Tommy the Turtle stuck his head in his shell.

LMAO!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Hmmm Tommy the Turtle stuck his head in his shell.

LMAO!!

Yes and he also avoided physical confrontations.  Wait, what?  :)

• Haha 3

I dont think anyone will be surprised by this 

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I picture Tom being quick and hitting like truck, like JA. I think he could've held his own vs Mawae.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I picture Tom being quick and hitting like truck, like JA. I think he could be held his own vs Mawae.

Kevin Mawae would destroy @T0mShane

Image result for kevin mawae pics
  • Upvote 1

i don't blame him i do all my sh*t talking behind a computer screen so i dont have to face any consequences for the words i type.

smart man, but gase still sucks

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope you are not f'ing with us. Seems a bit crazy mawae would actually read the board.

I bet a lot of players read.  Wouldn’t be surprised if a few posted.  

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kevin Mawae would destroy @T0mShane

Image result for kevin mawae pics

Tom has a legit "vitamin regimen" called TS12.

Keeps him limber.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We all like reading what @T0mShane writes because he is a good storyteller.  His stories (I mean posts) are fascinating at times, his talent is impossible to deny. He takes us on this journey by painting a picture which his impressive football knowledge. The picture that he paints isn't always accurate.

His current story involves Jamal Adams. If you read the board I don't think I have to recap his thoughts on Adams. Basically he says Adams is over rated, doesn't make impact plays and his position is of minimal importance in the NFL today. Tom is relentless, even after Jamal Adams had a game saving play against the Cowboys, the story remains the same.

It doesn't meant the story is true though, it just means that Tom posts it a lot.

Which reminds me of the first day I met Tom. Yes, I met him in real life and I survived to tell the story. Back then, a much younger Tom was often very critical of another Jets great, Kevin Mawae.  Kevin would read Tom's posts (this is in the pre-Twtitter days) and the impression I got is that he didn't seem happy. Not sure how you could be critical of Kevin Mawae, he came here as a free agent and played at a pro bowl level year after year. Now he is a hall of famer.

Yet hall of fame talent apparently isn't good enough for Tom.

I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Mawae at a draft party one year. Kevin knew posters by their screen names. He said to me, "oh you are Maxman, I like your posts". Then he said, "Is Tom Shane here? I would like to talk to him".  I told Kevin that Tom was indeed at ESPN Zone that day and I would go downstairs and personally walk him back up. Kevin offered the VIP treatment, when Tom gets here he doesn't have to wait on any lines. Just let me know and I will greet him personally.

How awesome is that, a future hall of famer asks for a meet and greet with you personally. 

Tom was going to be so excited. A chance for him to help Mawae get better. Tom seems to have all the answers, not sure what part of Mawae's game needed work, but here is the opportunity for Tom to fix it.

Funny thing happened after that. Tom said, "I am not going up there to meet him".  I assure Tom that there was security and he would be safe. Tom wouldn't go, instead he hid. It was the 2nd time that day he hid actually.  (Insert Steelers fan telling Tom off and Tom doing nothing about it story here).

So I thought of this today and just wanted to share. Jamal Adams is an impact player, don't let Tom fool you.

Maxman - I never took Tom Shanes critisism seriously - always with a grain of salt. I never truly believed that he believed his posts about Adams. He's is  just trying to be entertaining are my thoughts. That being said he could of used that defense when he went up to meet Mawae - I don't see why he didn't. You hammered his reputation pretty good right there.

Also so are there other current Jets or Ex Jets that actually post on this site and can we find out who they are or is it confidential which I suspect?

• Upvote 1

Tom has perfected cowardice to a new level..=D> Funny he didn't like Mawae but loves Mangini who never won a playoff game and couldn't win the East even when Brady was out for the year..

• Upvote 2

Tom was dead wrong on Mawae.  But this victory lap over one very good game out of Jamal Adams really needs to stop.  It's embarrassing.  

Shane shouldn't have punked out though.  Hopefully he doesn't if/when he gets to meet Jamal.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This might be the worst video to prove Adams did nothing on a play there is.

How about his breakup of the pass on 3rd down that forced the punt that lead to the short drive to a TD at the end of the 1st.  Nothing to that too?  Or the breakup of he 2 point conversion?  

Do people watch or just throw out cliches?   

He had a monster game and some are falling all over themselves to claim he gets too much credit, wrong day for this

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He had a monster game and some are falling all over themselves to claim he gets too much credit, wrong day for this

10 wins in 3 years and he's played a significant role in about 3 of them.  Yeah, we're the ones falling all over ourselves regarding the credit he deserves.  

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jamal Adams gets more accolades and national press than Sam Darnold.

That's all you need to know about skewed value to a team.

If Adams got hurt tomorrow a few weeks down the road we would be amazed at how good 'insert backup safeties name here' has looked replacing him, much like our ILBS when mosely got hurt.  Would we like mosley back?  Yes, has it been end of the world he has been out?  No.  Positional value.

Also:

Quinnen makes the big stop, jamal cleans up rolling over top of the already tackled player and the camera and media focus on adams the prez.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/highlight-quinnen-williams-jamal-adams-stuff-dak-prescott-on-fourth-down

That is what I remember most about Jamals play last week, Jamal running around celebrating while the camera focuses on him after he was only a small factor in that play and the one that preceeded it 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Impossible. Tom Shane is always ready to bro down.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

10 wins in 3 years and he's played a significant role in about 3 of them.  Yeah, we're the ones falling all over ourselves regarding the credit he deserves.  

Stop the lunacy.  This is the most ridiculous argument of all times. One, hes played two seasons and 5 games, not three,

And yes, blaming one of 22 starters is nonsense.  As if when youre getting your ass handed to you in all phases of the game, claiming the S didnt effect games enough is reaching.  Get over it hes not a QB and never will be.  

But hey, after a monster game, dredging up the teams play the previous two seasons is why we should make shlt up about our pro bowl S.  We should criticize the national press for recognizing what butt hurt fans cant see.

Its strangely reminiscent of fans who whined about C Martin.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

That is what I remember most about Jamals play last week, Jamal running around celebrating while the camera focuses on him after he was only a small factor in that play and the one that preceeded it 

If thats what you remember most about his play we've figured out the problem with getting what he does on the field

• Upvote 1

We're all internet tough guys.

"Bro, do you even post?"

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“Locker room lawyer”

I dont think Pennington was at his HOF ceremony. Maybe he's the guy who said "he's like an egg back there".

Just now, Barton said:

I dont think Pennington was at his HOF ceremony. Maybe he's the guy who said "he's like an egg back there".

Yet somehow people out there still think Chad Pennington was "classy" and a "nice guy".  F**k Pennington.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Confused 2