Let's go Yankees

Maxman

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Oh bullsh*t.  German probably pitched as well as Wheeler.  He fell off as the year went on, but it was his first year as a full-time starter.  They control him through 2024 and I think he will remain super cheap next year.  I say you hold on or you end up regretting it, and according to @chirorob 's list Baumgarner is a free agent. 

Games.  Games. He got the L in game 1 and did not look particularly great in game 4.

Use German to get rid of Giancarlo’s crap contract then sign Cole and Strasbourg 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So condescending. Is this how you interact with people IRL?

In real life I focus my free time on the things that matter. 

For baseball, I am a fan of an American League team.  In the National League I only pay attention to the 1 or 2 teams vying for the top record so as to see if the Yankees are assured of homefield advantage in the World Series.

You asking me if I follow the comings and goings of the New York Mets is like me asking you if you follow the comings and goings of the Texas Rangers.  Methinks you don't.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

What @SAR I is telling us that he does not follow baseball, except to stop in the sport in October to see if his team that he chose as a bullied child to make him feel good, still may be playing,

Just affirmation.

Yeah, the Jets fan who has spent $50,000 to watch the Jets at MetLife the past decade and sits there like an idiot waiting for his 1 pathetic Todd Bowles home win per season is a fairweather baseball fan.  That makes a ton of sense.

My sons and I watch every Yankee game every year.  We attend 2-3 contests in person.  Even saw them beat the Mets in the overrated Citifield once.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, the Jets fan who has spent $50,000 to watch the Jets at MetLife the past decade and sits there like an idiot waiting for his 1 pathetic Todd Bowles home win per season is a fairweather baseball fan.  That makes a ton of sense.

My sons and I watch every Yankee game every year.  We attend 2-3 contests in person.  Even saw them beat the Mets in the overrated Citifield once.

SAR I

Spending money does not equate to being a better fan.

Glomming onto a successful franchise does not give you reason to gloat and give you reason to put down other fans that actively chose NOT to root for your team.

Honestly, I am surprised to hear you say you even watch baseball games. I was convinced by your commentary here, that you were even aware that the ball is round.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

In real life I focus my free time on the things that matter. 

For baseball, I am a fan of an American League team.  In the National League I only pay attention to the 1 or 2 teams vying for the top record so as to see if the Yankees are assured of homefield advantage in the World Series.

You asking me if I follow the comings and goings of the New York Mets is like me asking you if you follow the comings and goings of the Texas Rangers.  Methinks you don't.

SAR I

In your other answer in this thread, you said you watch "every game the Yankees play with your sons". You do know that they play the Mets 2 series every year? 

And you can't name three Mets? My point that you don't know the game appears to stand. You watch standings, as I thought.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Glomming onto a successful franchise does not give you reason to gloat and give you reason to put down other fans that actively chose NOT to root for your team.

Honestly, I am surprised to hear you say you even watch baseball games. I was convinced by your commentary here, that you were even aware that the ball is round.

To be fair, gloating begets gloating.  People want to show up the people that taunted them when they were down.  The last time I remember really rooting daily against the Mets was when some genius was explaining to me how Rey Ordonez was better than Jeter because that glove.  Even the fact that they tried to act like it was a Willie, Mickey and the Duke situation was annoying. 

One idiot spoils the whole bunch.  It is much easier to steer clear of that since I moved out of NY.  My Mom is a Mets fan and I watch the games when I visit and actually root for them unless they are playing the Yanks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, gloating begets gloating.  People want to show up the people that taunted them when they were down.  The last time I remember really rooting daily against the Mets was when some genius was explaining to me how Rey Ordonez was better than Jeter because that glove.  Even the fact that they tried to act like it was a Willie, Mickey and the Duke situation was annoying. 

One idiot spoils the whole bunch.  It is much easier to steer clear of that since I moved out of NY.  My Mom is a Mets fan and I watch the games when I visit and actually root for them unless they are playing the Yanks.

You are correct, the idiots do ruin it for the entirety of the fanbase that are not. Each fan base has their own. 

The particular idiot in this thread chooses to measure his own worth by the team that he roots for, as if it has some socioeconomic status. It is a shame that a few bad apples have to spoil the bunch.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

You are correct, the idiots do ruin it for the entirety of the fanbase that are not. Each fan base has their own. 

The particular idiot in this thread chooses to measure his own worth by the team that he roots for, as if it has some socioeconomic status. It is a shame that a few bad apples have to spoil the bunch.

I thought he measured how great a fan one is based on how much money is spent to root for the team?

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Actually, it does.  "Fan" is short for 'fanatic', someone who is willing to go the extra mile and do something really crazy, like spend Mercedes money on a losing football team.

I became a Yankee fan in the 70's when they sucked.  The Mets actually ruled the roost in '73 or whenever I made the choice.

Another Metsy comment from a Mets fan.  Your world may revolve around the search for respect from Yankees fans but we don't even know your team exists.  Sure, we know there's a team in Queens that we are forced to play each year, but we don't know your roster or your capabilities.  We just know we hear your whining way too much on sports radio.

SAR I

And you can't name three Mets? My point that you don't know the game appears to stand. You watch standings, as I thought.

The comings and goings of bottom dwelling National League teams does not concern me in the slightest nor do the musings of their fans.  I'm sorry you have to share the stage with the most important team in the sport, and I'm sorry you look to people like me for validation (when times are good) or pity (when you suck) but that's your problem, friend, not mine.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

No, it's the opposite.  You choose to measure your own worth and connect your own happiness to a team that has told you to your face that they are not trying to win a Championship.  The Ponzi scheme you are the victim of is worse than the actual one that Madoff perpetrated on your ownership.

I did not say that Yankee fans are wealthy.  I said that Yankee fans don't care about a cellar dwelling team in a different league.  Under normal circumstances that wouldn't insult anyone.  The only reason it hurts you is because all you have as a Mets fan is your lovable loser status (never going to end) and the thought that Yankee fans are going to respect you one day (not going to happen).

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I became a Yankee fan in the 70's when they sucked.  The Mets actually ruled the roost in '73 or whenever I made the choice.

So, am I to guess you became a Jets fan 5 years after they became a Yankee fan?

Yeah I am sure. That seems likely.

You never seem to show up in this forum until the Fall. When I guess the "true" Yankee fans come out of hibernation.

Even though you tell us you watch "every game" during the season, yet can't even name 3 players of a team that you played 4 times in that season.

Your slip is showing, Miss.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So, am I to guess you became a Jets fan 5 years after they became a Yankee fan?

Yeah I am sure. That seems likely.

I became a Yankees fan in 1974.  I became a Jets fan in 1978.  I became a Rangers fan in 1978.

My dad was into baseball, so therefore so was I.  In junior high school I had a best friend who introduced me to football and hockey and those were his favorite teams so they became mine too.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You never seem to show up in this forum until the Fall. When I guess the "true" Yankee fans come out of hibernation.

I show up in the Fall because once the draft and free agent period is over that's my time to get away from the Jets tension and recharge the batteries.  As for the draft itself, I don't watch college football and I detest all the forum speculation from NCAA know it all's about which college busts we're going to pick.  As I have nothing to contribute at that time I do not participate much at that time. 

SAR I

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I became a Yankees fan in 1974.  I became a Jets fan in 1978.  I became a Rangers fan in 1978.

My dad was into baseball, so therefore so was I.  In junior high school I had a best friend who introduced me to football and hockey and those were his favorite teams so they became mine too.

I show up in the Fall because once the draft and free agent period is over that's my time to get away from the Jets tension and recharge the batteries.  As for the draft itself, I don't watch college football and I detest all the forum speculation from NCAA know it all's about which college busts we're going to pick.  As I have nothing to contribute at that time I do not participate much at that time. 

SAR I

As for the months of May, June, and July, you are that casual baseball fan. I get it. I suspect many Yankee fans are. The whole tension of the draft and free agency from football is the most tense in terms of spill over.

It is ok that you are not a hardcore Yankee fan. Just when the playoffs time is. It is really ok.

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

As for the months of May, June, and July, you are that casual baseball fan. I get it. I suspect many Yankee fans are. The whole tension of the draft and free agency from football is the most tense in terms of spill over.

It is ok that you are not a hardcore Yankee fan. Just when the playoffs time is. It is really ok.

I'm not sure how you reach that silly conclusion.  We watch as many Yankees games in May as we do in August.  Which means all of them.  We may not sit down as a family and watch an entire game from start to finish, but it's always on in the background as we make dinner, do homework, have dessert, etc.

How you can call any Jets fan a front-runner of a team in any sport is ludicrous.  We are the definition of loyal and long-suffering.  If I were a front-running baseball fan I'd have dumped the Jets a long time ago.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not sure how you reach that silly conclusion.  We watch as many Yankees games in May as we do in August.  Which means all of them.  We may not sit down as a family and watch an entire game from start to finish, but it's always on in the background as we make dinner, do homework, have dessert, etc.

How you can call any Jets fan a front-runner of a team in any sport is ludicrous.  We are the definition of loyal and long-suffering.  If I were a front-running baseball fan I'd have dumped the Jets a long time ago.

SAR I

It is nice to know that you can reply in a civil manner, rather than trying to rankle through put downs, and trying to gain leverage by some imaginary superiority. Thank you.