Jump to content

Let's go Yankees


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No worries.  If we don't win it this year we know we'll win it next year.

SAR I

Strangely reminiscent in what yankee fans have been saying for years.

Not winning anything without starting pitching

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Cole and Hamels next year

 

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Maybe take a flyer on Felix Hernandez and see if he can rejuvenate his career too

 

10 hours ago, King P said:

If Strasburg opts out, I want the Yanks to back up the brinks truck for him

 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe Wheeler.

Yankees like ex Mets

 

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No worries.  If we don't win it this year we know we'll win it next year.

SAR I

Yankees win 103 games, lets go out and spend another 3/4 of a billion on FA's so we can win 142 and have no chance of losing.....

I take back what I said, Yankees fans are actually worse than Pats fans.

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Yankees win 103 games, lets go out and spend another 3/4 of a billion on FA's so we can win 142 and have no chance of losing.....

I take back what I said, Yankees fans are actually worse than Pats fans.

Pitching in the playoffs is way more important than in the regular season.

You can win 103 games with hitting and half assed starting pitching.  

And lose in the playoffs.  Good pitching stops good hitting.  Especially when you only need 3 starters to dominate.

Its been proven over and over again.  

Oh and I'm not a Yankees fan.  Probably why I understand the concept while Cashman doesnt seem to get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pitching in the playoffs is way more important than in the regular season.

You can win 103 games with hitting and half assed starting pitching.  

And lose in the playoffs.  Good pitching stops good hitting.  Especially when you only need 3 starters to dominate.

Its been proven over and over again.  

Oh and I'm not a Yankees fan.  Probably why I understand the concept while Cashman doesnt seem to get it

Of course it does, but my point was not about whether or not the Yankees have pitching. My point was the Yankees were good enough to win 103 games this year, and Yankees fans want to go out and add another 1B in contracts. Like it or not, its really f'ng obnoxious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Of course it does, but my point was not about whether or not the Yankees have pitching. My point was the Yankees were good enough to win 103 games this year, and Yankees fans want to go out and add another 1B in contracts. Like it or not, its really f'ng obnoxious. 

Its what yankee fans do, what they complain about, need more all stars, spend some more.

Then tell you that they dont buy titles 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its what yankee fans do, what they complain about, need more all stars, spend some more.

Then tell you that they dont buy titles 

Stanton and Encarcion have been complete failures neither helping this team in the post season. 

Hicks is doing nothing Maybin should be playing. 

Boone has made some questionable decisions against Houston. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Of course it does, but my point was not about whether or not the Yankees have pitching. My point was the Yankees were good enough to win 103 games this year, and Yankees fans want to go out and add another 1B in contracts. Like it or not, its really f'ng obnoxious. 

How is it obnoxious? All we want is for the team to improve and if it means spending big money then so be it. Simply utilizing our resources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

 

 

 

 

Yankees win 103 games, lets go out and spend another 3/4 of a billion on FA's so we can win 142 and have no chance of losing.....

I take back what I said, Yankees fans are actually worse than Pats fans.

I’m just saying they need an ace and some more lefty hitters or they’re never gonna get over the hump. Hamels and Hernandez aren’t really stars anymore. They also may need to trade some of the young talent/hitters for a SP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stanton and Encarcion have been complete failures neither helping this team in the post season. 

Hicks is doing nothing Maybin should be playing. 

Boone has made some questionable decisions against Houston. 

This is typical overreaction nonsense.  Stanton had possibly the best at bat they had this post season on Saturday night.  He's dinged.  In 10 plate appearances, Hicks has a hit and 4 walks, which is pretty good when you consider how bad everyone has been hitting.  If you want to criticize Boone it is with the staff.  I wouldn't have gone to Happ so quick on Sunday.  I don't think the Astros are particularly worried about lefties. 

Sanchez and Encarnacion have been pretty bad, but you don't want to sit them because when they got hot they can carry you.  My fear all along has been the long ball/strike out nature of the team makes it tougher to get rid of killer starters and they haven't exactly been feasting on the Astros bullpen.

The check swing punch out of Torres was a back breaker.   Lemahieu not making those two plays really hurt too.  They made the tough plays in game one.  They haven't made as many since, or maybe there have just been so many more of them.

Bottom line:  This Astros team is no joke.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stanton and Encarcion have been complete failures neither helping this team in the post season. 

Hicks is doing nothing Maybin should be playing. 

Boone has made some questionable decisions against Houston. 

And Yankee fans are booing Stanton for being hurt.  

Its the stars you should be complaining about, not the Hicks and Maybins of the Yanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is typical overreaction nonsense.  Stanton had possibly the best at bat they had this post season on Saturday night.  He's dinged.  In 10 plate appearances, Hicks has a hit and 4 walks, which is pretty good when you consider how bad everyone has been hitting.  If you want to criticize Boone it is with the staff.  I wouldn't have gone to Happ so quick on Sunday.  I don't think the Astros are particularly worried about lefties. 

Sanchez and Encarnacion have been pretty bad, but you don't want to sit them because when they got hot they can carry you.  My fear all along has been the long ball/strike out nature of the team makes it tougher to get rid of killer starters and they haven't exactly been feasting on the Astros bullpen.

The check swing punch out of Torres was a back breaker.   Lemahieu not making those two plays really hurt too.  They made the tough plays in game one.  They haven't made as many since, or maybe there have just been so many more of them.

Bottom line:  This Astros team is no joke.  

 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And Yankee fans are booing Stanton for being hurt.  

Its the stars you should be complaining about, not the Hicks and Maybins of the Yanks

Nothing else matters but wining the BIG BATS have gone to sleep since the first game. 

I want Maybin in the lineup instead of Hicks. 

Cashman failed in building the pitching staff CC Sabathia was done before the season ended, 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The team has no soul. They have no leaders to rally them. Aaron Judge has turned out to be just above average, he’s not the next Jeter to lead the players. They look like a lot of hired guns who get paid a sh*t ton of money but have no allegiance to a team concept. Everyone is up their trying to hit a home run for himself. They don’t play as a team.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

The team has no soul. They have no leaders to rally them. Aaron Judge has turned out to be just above average, he’s not the next Jeter to lead the players. They look like a lot of hired guns who get paid a sh*t ton of money but have no allegiance to a team concept. Everyone is up their trying to hit a home run for himself. They don’t play as a team.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Exactly there are no leaders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly there are no leaders. 

They have leaders, the problem is that they are the old school.  Gardner and CC are the club house leaders and now someone will have to step up in that role.  Come next year they will continue to have "faces of the team" like Judge and Gleyber but no leader.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not a lot of fight to this team however the Astros are just better.

Unfortunately I agree. I was worried that the Yankees would win with a team of replacements then the healthy guys gets back and they don't do as well. Ford should be on this roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Yankees have been built to win a lot of games during the regular season by bludgeoning teams but have not had the starting pitching to carry them through the playoffs. Cashman's biggest failure has been his inability to address this year after year.  

As a Mets fan, watching the slow and inevitable death of the Yankees always makes me happy and before anyone can say it, YES, that's all I've had to hang my hat on for a while.  I own it and don't care.  8-)  Perhaps Cashman can watch the 2020 Mets formula and write a few things down.  :cheers:

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not a lot of fight to this team however the Astros are just better.

Sp's of course and they also have good hitters.  When you watch the Yankees, outside of DJ and perhaps Torres, every batter at the plate you kind of expect a HR or a K HR because that's pretty much what the lineup consists of.     Pitching in the post season will expose every batters weakness.  Yopu have a problem with a breaking ball?  That's what your going to keep seeing until you hit it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Yankees have been built to win a lot of games during the regular season by bludgeoning teams but have not had the starting pitching to carry them through the playoffs. Cashman's biggest failure has been his inability to address this year after year.  

As a Mets fan, watching the slow and inevitable death of the Yankees always makes me happy and before anyone can say it, YES, that's all I've had to hang my hat on for a while.  I own it and don't care.  8-)  Perhaps Cashman can watch the 2020 Mets formula and write a few things down.  :cheers:

Knicks fan too?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Knicks fan too?

Yes......Mets / Jets / Knicks / Rangers.......my father really did me no favors by brainwashing me into rooting for a bunch of losers (for the most part).   Thanks for nothing, Dad!  

P.S.  I've paid it forward and have indoctrinated my son into the misery.   He's a freshman at Penn State this year so at least I can hang my hat on them for a while.  Actually going to the PSU - Michigan game tomorrow. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

 

 

 

 

Yankees win 103 games, lets go out and spend another 3/4 of a billion on FA's so we can win 142 and have no chance of losing.....

I take back what I said, Yankees fans are actually worse than Pats fans.

 

2 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Of course it does, but my point was not about whether or not the Yankees have pitching. My point was the Yankees were good enough to win 103 games this year, and Yankees fans want to go out and add another 1B in contracts. Like it or not, its really f'ng obnoxious. 

Yes, because the Yankees are the only team to spend money like that 🙄

News flash: all the teams that win these days have a high payroll. Yankees don't even have the highest payroll in baseball. The Red Sox and Cubs are currently spending more of us! Oh and the Nationals are Top 10 in payroll as well as Houston.

But yet let's get mad at the Yankees for spending money. So stupid lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...