Let's go Yankees

Maxman

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Their were a couple of starting pitchers available at the deadline.  The Yankees had the assets to make a move on one or two of them, including the guy they lost to last night.  They chose to stand pat and that could be their downfall....who knows.

I don’t know if any of the pitchers they could have gotten at the deadline would have helped them last night. It’s been long known Greinke has refused to come to the Yankees because of his anxiety issues, so he wasn’t an option.

Cashman’s mistake wasn’t sitting out the deadline this year, it’s been whiffing on starting pitchers the past couple of years. They could have had Verlander but didn’t want to spend the money, they could have had Cole but didn’t want to give up Andujar and Frazier, could have had Corbin, etc. etc.

And while it’s true that pitching hasn’t really been their downfall so far, hitting dry spells in the playoffs are predictable. Almost every year every team in the postseason goes on some 0-10 with RISP drought. It’s the nature of condensing a 162 game season into a best of 5 or 7 sample size. Great starting pitchers are generally more consistent, and it’s just a different mindset for the team when you’re throwing a Gerrit Cole out there vs a James Paxton or spring training version Severino and planning to get 4+ innings out of your bullpen every single game.

The Yankees plan necessitates that they walk a tightrope where everything has to go right. The lineup needs to produce against great pitching, the so-so starters need to be good enough, and then 4 or 5 relief pitchers need to be lockdown. Great starting pitching gives a much larger margin for error and Cashman needs to realize that before he wastes this window (which seems large but you never know).

55 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Their were a couple of starting pitchers available at the deadline.  The Yankees had the assets to make a move on one or two of them, including the guy they lost to last night.  They chose to stand pat and that could be their downfall....who knows.

Not true. First off Greinke would not wave his NTC to come here.

Secondly teams wanted way too much for their pitchers from us. For example, Toronto traded Marcus Stroman to the Mets for decent prospects. You know who they asked for from us? Gleyber Torres ?

Then it was reported the Mets turned around and tried to offer him to us for our top prospects.

Teams were essentially blocking us from improving by dicking around

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not allowed to post in 2019 the same thing you posted in 2018.

But that's the point, isn't it?

Yankee fans go into every season knowing we're going to win the World Series.  If we don't, we're upset for about an hour, and then we wait for our annual Cashman Christmas Gift in December and buy another hoodie in February.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Pitching > Batting

Contact Batting > Home Run Batting

Yankees can't play small ball and you need small ball in the playoffs against shutdown pitching.  We need to pick up another ace to compliment Tanaka and we need some small bats that hit singles and doubles and can lay down a good bunt.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Next year we'll get Cole and a couple of contact hitters with speed and that will be that.

SAR I

Cole wants to go out west which would be perfect for the Angels.  Somehow the Giants are always involved too.

Cashman is not going to spend 200 million or more on a pitcher. Is his agent Boras?  If so, then it will be 250m

2 hours ago, King P said:

Yes, because the Yankees are the only team to spend money like that ?

News flash: all the teams that win these days have a high payroll. Yankees don't even have the highest payroll in baseball. The Red Sox and Cubs are currently spending more of us! Oh and the Nationals are Top 10 in payroll as well as Houston.

But yet let's get mad at the Yankees for spending money. So stupid lol

Spending money isnt so much the issue, its spending disgusting money thats the issue.

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Nor the Devils, though they are getting  a lil close to it, both org's owe me nothing. The Jets on the other hand, I was 4 years old for SBIII, now they burn my ass and wallet.

Well I was 14 for SBIII. My Uncle and Dad had season tix from The Polo Grounds to Shea Stadium. My cousin and I took them over from Shea to the Meadowlands when Hess the Carpetbagger moved them there. Had to give them up when the new Stadium was built. So I've given up a ton of cash to this team as well. Sucks but it is what it is.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

But that's the point, isn't it?

Yankee fans go into every season knowing we're going to win the World Series.  If we don't, we're upset for about an hour, and then we wait for our annual Cashman Christmas Gift in December and buy another hoodie in February.

SAR I

And go home ring less the next year.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL Hicks hits a HR otherwise you would be silent. 

Its about time. 

Rest easy better yet go play the lottery. 

Let's go YANKEES 

Was I silent when you made your ridiculous "I love the backup QB" post?  Maybin continuing to hit is hitting the lottery.  Hicks hitting is what he does.  That was an excellent at bat and even if it was foul, he worked Verlander pretty well.

LET'S GO YANKEES!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Was I silent when you made your ridiculous "I love the backup QB" post?  Maybin continuing to hit is hitting the lottery.  Hicks hitting is what he does.  That was an excellent at bat and even if it was foul, he worked Verlander pretty well.

LET'S GO YANKEES!

I love the backup QB post??????????????? WTF are you talking about. I hated Luke Falk. 

Hicks has been out all season, glad he is hitting again we need all the hits we can get. 

Is this what you do?  Bring up old stupid sh*t to argue about? 

Im positive you are not perfect with everything you post. 

Enjoy the game. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Next year we'll get Cole and a couple of contact hitters with speed and that will be that.

SAR I

I was talking about this very thing with a buddy yesterday prior to the game. Gotta get guys who can just get a clutch hit, or put the ball in play, can't have 8 guys on a lineup all swinging for the fences on every pitch against Playoff/Dominant pitching. 

Oh, and sh*tcan Stanton. Nice guy, model citizen when he was in Miami, but dude just isn't clutch, and getting blown up so bad a few years ago changed him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I love the backup QB post??????????????? WTF are you talking about. I hated Luke Falk. 

Hicks has been out all season, glad he is hitting again we need all the hits we can get. 

Is this what you do?  Bring up old stupid sh*t to argue about? 

Im positive you are not perfect with everything you post. 

Enjoy the game. 

What the **** are you talking about?  You were complaining about the guys that were in the lineup because they aren't winning.  That is what the backup QB brigade always does.  From Matt Robinson to Brooks Bollinger.  

5 more outs and we live another day.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** are you talking about?  You were complaining about the guys that were in the lineup because they aren't winning.  That is what the backup QB brigade always does.  From Matt Robinson to Brooks Bollinger.  

5 more outs and we live another day.

Whatever dude.

Hicks finally got ahold of one.........let me guess sooner or later so will Judge. 

Luke Falk did you buy his jersey? 

Lets go YANKEES