Did Darnold open his mouth?

Nixhead

32 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Throw EVERY Jet Offensive stat out the window the whole time Luke Falk was somehow in the NFL.  What Darnold did Sunday against Dallas, pretty much torching Houston’s top ranked D end of last year is pretty much going to be the NORM going forward...Watch.

I agree. It will be very interesting to see how they do against NE. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I think Darnold is getting a little giddy here. Lets see if we can move up to 31st in overall offense before talking. If he remains healthy they will score their share of points but the OL is still trash and receivers are so-so. 

Dem wipponz

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Be careful with the trade him jokes or you gonna get buttfumbled

That was butt fumbled for being historically unfunny

3 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

I "THINK" is not I am! And he retreated a little again with "or can be".

I don’t mind a little chutzpah in a QB—“we are gonna win the game, I guarantee it.” Why is suddenly everyone acting like not having an edge is a good thing for a pro football player?

• Upvote 2

I don't think Sam was bragging. He was just saying what he thinks. The guy hasn't shown he's a big talker. He's a kid showing confidence. Nothing wrong with it. The offense looked like a completely different unit with him in there. Sam is coming into his own and is chomping at the bit to play. You have to love it after what we witnessed without Sam in the huddle. Go get'em Sammy. Kick some azz.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t mind a little chutzpah in a QB—“we are gonna win the game, I guarantee it.” Why is suddenly everyone acting like not having an edge is a good thing for a pro football player?

Or that some fans, well one especially, wants to make this into something like a Mayfield situation who has caught grief for calling out a HC, media people, his teammates, other organizations, etc.   Now some want to act as if this is similar and make it a case where Jets fans are hypocrites.  

Nowhere near similar.  Dead wrong

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fair but they only play who's in front of them and so far they've completely smothered everyone.

But you compared them to the historic Balt Ravens team.  After one third of a season against bad offenses.  

Thats all

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or that some fans, well one especially, wants to make this into something like a Mayfield situation who has caught grief for calling out a HC, media people, his teammates, other organizations, etc and now want to act as if this is similar and make it a case where Jets fans are hypocrites.  

Nowhere near similar. 

Comparing apples to orange traffic cones

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I wonder if Ninkovitch video, linked above the article, where he apparently laughs at the thought of us winning is playing in the Jets locker Room?  

1 minute ago, Jetworks said:

This seemingly is, but the OP couldn't be bothered including it in their copy & paste troll post:

"Ninkovich laughs at the thought of Jets beating Patriots (2:37)"

There you go, well said!  LOL

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

If Baker said it, this forum would be aghast.

Sam said it, so it's all good.

:JustFanStuff:

Also, "unstoppable" would be a hell of an upgrade from "#32 Offense in the NFL".  Sign me up.

Considering Baker leads the NFL in interceptions right now it would be kind of a weird thing for him to say. 

You worse than the announcers during the game bringing up the offensive stats from while the kid wasn’t even playing. Shame on you, expect better from you. 

• Upvote 2

Last Men Standing? Wilson and Darnold.... LOL. Back from Mono, Darnold is the last QB of substance in the AFC standing in New Englands way if Mahomes is injured for a long duration.  

Roethlisberger- hurt and on IR

Brees - Hurt, on IR for most of the season

Rivers- looks done

Eli - Benched

Mahomes - Knee Injury,  status currently unknown

Mayfield - Soph Slump

Goff - looks like crap

Cousins? LOL 

Josh Allen? No. 

Russell Wilson is the last elite QB left in the LEAGUE to challenge Brady, and Darnold is unproven and still somewhat unknown due to not even having a full season played yet. The rest of the NFL seems full of journeymen,  backups, injuries,  and subpar performances. There are a lot of teams getting by on Defense and "solid" quarterbacking (Raiders, 9ers) but who is left at QB to challenge the Patriots?

Monday night is going to be very interesting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Sam Darnold says Jets can be 'unstoppable as an offense' once Chris Herndon returns

play

Ninkovich laughs at the thought of Jets beating Patriots (2:37)

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jetsquarterback Sam Darnold, not known for bold statements, stepped out of character on Thursday, setting huge expectations for his offense.

"Right now, we're just missing Chris [Herndon]. Once all the guys are back together, I think we're unstoppable as an offense -- or we can be," he said, referencing the injured tight end.

"It's just up to us and how we execute. It's really up to us how many points we score, I think. I think we're capable of so many points. With our offensive line, too, the way they played last game, with the way we've been running the ball and the way they've been protecting, sky's the limit for us."

i'd rather not hear that sh*tmyself...   but....whutchagonnado?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Last Men Standing? Wilson and Darnold.... LOL. Back from Mono, Darnold is the last QB of substance in the AFC standing in New Englands way if Mahomes is injured for a long duration.  

Roethlisberger- hurt and on IR

Brees - Hurt, on IR for most of the season

Rivers- looks done

Eli - Benched

Mahomes - Knee Injury,  status currently unknown

Mayfield - Soph Slump

Goff - looks like crap

Cousins? LOL 

Josh Allen? No. 

Russell Wilson is the last elite QB left in the LEAGUE to challenge Brady, and Darnold is unproven and still somewhat unknown due to not even having a full season played yet. The rest of the NFL seems full of journeymen,  backups, injuries,  and subpar performances. There are a lot of teams getting by on Defense and "solid" quarterbacking (Raiders, 9ers) but who is left at QB to challenge the Patriots?

Monday night is going to be very interesting. 

At least in the AFC its true, there are still alot of good QBs in the NFC that could challenge the pats. 

Its funny no matter how much the game evolves, whether it be rule changes, scheme shifts, player progressions, it always comes down to 2 things.   Play great Defense, and run the football. At every level thats the recipe for success. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

At least in the AFC its true, there are still alot of good QBs in the NFC that could challenge the pats. 

Its funny no matter how much the game evolves, whether it be rule changes, scheme shifts, player progressions, it always comes down to 2 things.   Play great Defense, and run the football. At every level thats the recipe for success. 

Yup. That's what the Ravens are doing. Didnt mention Lamar, but hes the kind of QB Bellichick is happy to make one dimensional.