Sign in to follow this  
RobR

NY Islanders 2019-2020

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Missed the entire game. It sucks balls having the Caps in our division.

10 hours ago, RobR said:

Missed the entire game. It sucks balls having the Caps in our division.

Missed most of the game.  Saw we were down 3 in the 2nd and decided to watch football instead.  Flipped the gameon at 3-1 in the 3rd with the PP so I saw the comeback, plus OT & shootout.

29 points would have us either in or tied for first in any other Division, but Caps seem never to lose.  Just gotta keep winning and hang with them.  Both teams are bound to slow down at some point.  We also have 4 games in hand on them so the 5 point defecit isn't as much as it appears.  Although all these early days off will suck later in the season when we really need the off days, but won't have them.  Schedule this season makes no sense.

Just now, RobR said:

14+1=15

Great play by Beauviller along the boards to set Nelson up.  That is two straight Ws where we were down 2 with 5 minutes left.  These guys are fun to watch.  Past year's, I might not have even turned it on when we were down 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Great play by Beauviller along the boards to set Nelson up.  That is two straight Ws where we were down 2 with 5 minutes left.  These guys are fun to watch.  Past year's, I might not have even turned it on when we were down 2.

I barely care about the Jets anymore since they're eliminated. This team plays it ass off every night and is still very young. 

Toews is turning into my favorite player, maybe I'll get his jersey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

I barely care about the Jets anymore since they're eliminated. This team plays it ass off every night and is still very young. 

Toews is turning into my favorite player, maybe I'll get his jersey.

I still enjoy watching the Jets.  Last two games were pretty entertaining.  But they are not close to the Isles as far as entertainment value right now.  I love this type of team.  No superstars, but just keep rolling 4 solild lines.  Guys who are disciplined, do the dirty work.  Make the sacrifices needed to win games.  Night and day from the Cappy era.

As to jerseys, I already have the only Islanders jersey I am ever going to need.  Trottier #19.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I still enjoy watching the Jets.  Last two games were pretty entertaining.  But they are not close to the Isles as far as entertainment value right now.  I love this type of team.  No superstars, but just keep rolling 4 solild lines.  Guys who are disciplined, do the dirty work.  Make the sacrifices needed to win games.  Night and day from the Cappy era.

Nailed it 100%. Not only are they playing well and fun to watch but this team is bonding. 

I'm definitely ordering a Lee jersey for a family member, think I'm adding a Toews to the list....maybe Boychuk. Know of any sites for nice ones?

• Upvote 1

Nailed it 100%. Not only are they playing well and fun to watch but this team is bonding. 
I'm definitely ordering a Lee jersey for a family member, think I'm adding a Toews to the list....maybe Boychuk. Know of any sites for nice ones?

I have used some of the overseas sites for hockey jerseys and had decent luck. Jets jerseys have been hit or miss, but I have no had a problem with hockey. Probably just luck of the draw.

When I don’t use one of the overseas sites, Fanatics.com is usually where I go for team stuff.

Back to the Isles, I am getting a late 70s/early 80’s vibe from this team.Long way to even dream about accomplishing what those teams did, but it has probably been that long since I have watched an Isles team with the confidence that they can come back, get the big goal when needed and never be counted out in a game. Probably getting a bit carried away with the comparison, but that was the feeling I had watching last nights game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sweet. I watched almost the entire game and had to leave to drop off my cousin as soon as overtime started. Oh well.....longest streak in their history. And Washington lost yesterday.

Go ISLES!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Lith said:

15-0-1 blows my mind.