NY Islanders 2019-2020

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end.   Now I am stuck with a bad Mets team and what may be an even worse Jets team.  At least I have the Dawgs. 

It was fun while it lasted.  Great run over these last two months and a very welcome distraction from everything swirling around us these days.  But the better team won.

Now, it is up to Lamoriello to get creative and figure out a way to get a winger who can finish to add to Barzal's line and who can help improve the power play.  And to see if there is any way of shedding some of those contracts to aging guys that may have looked good at the time (Boychuck) or maybe not (Ladd), but are killing our cap.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*WARNING*     Rangers fan just stopping in for a minute, LOL You guys are really missing Tavares, huh? I'm going up to Long Island for the Holidays in about 3 weeks, so I'll finally get to w

Way to go TT2...... you broke open the 2 man thread with a 50% increase in traffic!!   JK.....; Being born on The Island prior to the Icelanders, I always loved their rivalry with my Rangers

Congrats to the Isle fans on the forum (from a Ranger fan, but one is also happy about my team). Lamoriello is an absolutely incredible GM.

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Lith Metropolitan Division will be an absolute powerhouse for the next 10 years! 

NY hockey should be a lot of fun over the next few seasons.  A lot to be optimistic about for both of us.  It has been so long since both teams have been competitive.  Division has been domiinated by Washington and Pittsburgh for too long.  Time for some new blood.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Lith said:

NY hockey should be a lot of fun over the next few seasons.  A lot to be optimistic about for both of us.  It has been so long since both teams have been competitive.  Division has been domiinated by Washington and Pittsburgh for too long.  Time for some new blood.

That was a really exciting run.  Hockey pulled me in for good I think.  I've been watching, especially playoffs for a few years now but it's been so good, I see myself following next season a lot more closely.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Barzal looked great except the other team figured out he was going to twist and turn in circles and end up going nowhere.  He needs to change it up a bit or everyone will play him that way..

Barzal is amazing on his skates. I was blown away by his speed and stick handling. 

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end.   Now I am stuck with a bad Mets team and what may be an even worse Jets team.  At least I have the Dawgs. 

It was fun while it lasted.  Great run over these last two months and a very welcome distraction from everything swirling around us these days.  But the better team won.

Now, it is up to Lamoriello to get creative and figure out a way to get a winger who can finish to add to Barzal's line and who can help improve the power play.  And to see if there is any way of shedding some of those contracts to aging guys that may have looked good at the time (Boychuck) or maybe not (Ladd), but are killing our cap.

It was the best season we've had since 92-93 and was fun too watch. Hopefully Bellows turns into that winger we're looking for because Dal Colle is trash, nothing more than a fourth line fill in. A typical ham and egger.

Good news is we have Trotz, Lou, and Sorokin breaks onto the scene next year. I never thought it would happen but after 6 years he's now in the fold.

LGI!!!!

• Upvote 1