The best Safety Duo in the NFL

Mike135

6 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Boy with the high draft capital spent and the importance of safeties I'm sure there must have been an avalanche of winning since they arrived.

We lose last week without them.  Don't think anyone ould dispute that.

So does that make QB overvalued?

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Honest question: Did any of you ever hear of the phrase “best safety duo” before the Jets had these two guys? Because it feels like something we made up in order to justify blowing a draft on safeties. 

Well yeah and the little caveat that the guy that drafted this dynamic duo is unemployed. Can’t be a good sign, 

I've been saying since their rookie year that I think Marcus Maye is a great player. I predict when it comes time for contract extensions we will be keeping number 20 over number 33.  Adams is a good player but everybody knows more about him because he's loud and boisterous and constantly working on his brand. Marcus Maye is the real glue..you'll see.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I've been saying since their rookie year that I think Marcus Maye is a great player. I predict when it comes time for contract extensions we will be keeping number 20 over number 33.  Adams is a good player but everybody knows more about him because he's loud and boisterous and constantly working on his brand. Marcus Maye is the real glue..you'll see.

Interesting and contrarian. You've really put your stamp on the topic.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We lose last week without them.  Don't think anyone ould dispute that.

So does that make QB overvalued?

that seems to be going the other way.  if darnold doesn't play, all of those plays adams and maye make are for naught.  let's be clear, adams/maye is a very good safety tandem and they will be game changers over their careers but there's no one position that means more than qb.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They're good players.

We are 1-4 with a poor oline, so so receivers, suspect TEs, no pass rush and no #1 CB.

In an offensive centric league.

This team has a great safety duo and 'great' interior dline and we have won like 15 games in 3 1/3 years.

You can also score a ton of points and lose games too... 

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You can also score a ton of points and lose games too... 

Something the jets would know almost nothing about because they have put all resources into the defense over the years and had bad offenses due to lack of resources and bad defenses due to poor positional priority allotment.

If this team over the last few years was top 5 in defense and terrible on offense and their record was poor the people praising all the 'great players' we have would have a leg to stand on. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Discussions about whether is was right to draft Jamal at #6 or not is like arguing over whether Romans put the fork on the right or left side of the plate. Interesting for some I guess but irrelevant to today.

Instead of being happy, or dare I say proud, this is what these threads turn into. 

• Upvote 1