The best Safety Duo in the NFL

Mike135

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

@NYJ1

You said "the Jets just don't have [a team]".

That team just beat a division leader.  Not sure why you'd wait to evaluate anyone.

Last week's evaluation would be they definitely help a decent team win.

Evaluating Adams and Maye is in reference to what posters in this thread are claiming that Safeties are non premium positions. They cannot be correctly evaluated IMO because the roster is so bad. Once the roster improves we'll be able to get a true measure of what both add to the team in terms of value. Last Sunday was aberration. The offense suddenly looked better than they have in years. The overall talent level is all but nonexistent on offense. They suck. Yet, Sam Darnold was able to resurrect what seemed like a dead offense. I personally think that Adams and Maye are two of the very best players the franchise has.

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Evaluating Adams and Maye is in reference to what posters in this thread are claiming that Safeties are non premium positions. They cannot be correctly evaluated IMO because the roster is so bad. Once the roster improves we'll be able to get a true measure of what both add to the team in terms of value. Last Sunday was aberration. The offense suddenly looked better than they have in years. The overall talent level is all but nonexistent on offense. They suck. Yet, Sam Darnold was able to resurrect what seemed like a dead offense. I personally think that Adams and Maye are two of the very best players the franchise has.

Nope.  Imo you are way off on this team.

I agree Adams n Maye are a great duo.  The team is better than average too.

If you wait to evaluate players until we have a top oline and CBs as well...  then you're basically just saying you can only evaluate SB contenders.

If the Jets rebuilt then team correctly then Adams and Maye would have been a God send and everyone would have been fine. Drafting this duo was sort of backwards in a rebuild so too many focus on that fact. But that shouldn’t take away from their game play. They are very good. Let’s hope we fill those other pieces soon.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app