Kelechi Osemele (shoulder) wants to have surgery despite team doctors ruling he could play through his injury

jbt

It isn’t like these guys don’t have a trail of MRI exams on various joints Over the years.  I’m pretty sure when a guy goes from one team to another in a trade his medical stuff comes with him....if not I’m sure the new team requests studies before finalizing the trade to review. 

MRIs and physical exam are objective measures...pain is subjective....very subjective. 

sure this is something that’s been on his objective exams for awhile, and he’s played with it before. The Jets may even have gotten assurances from the player that this issue wasn’t affecting his ability to play. 

bad situation all around

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2019 at 3:00 PM, CTJetsFan said:

Not a good optic for the team/organization. If a guy has an injury and wants to have surgery to get it fixed, it should be his call. They want to fine him on top of it? Can't imagine that's going over too well in the locker room.

I don't think optics is a big deal in this matter because it goes both ways. It's so obvious that he's already mentally checked out from the Jets and just want surgery so he can be ready for training camp next summer for his next team. The Jets know it and that's why they're being hash about it because they feel cheated after paying him all that money and receiving nothing in return. Scammers get no love.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/19/2019 at 8:55 AM, LIJetsFan said:

Two people with identical injuries (per MRI or whatever other lab testing used) could/might/may have markedly different limitations or lack there of.

95% of NFL players who are on fan's radar screens are millionaires.  Their body is their business model and it is up to them to maintain it.  If he doesn't want to play and then he should settle with his team.  The doctors can't be the deciders.  The player is the decider.  Do want the team asks or take a hit on your million dollar contract.               

Totally agree.

• Upvote 2

On 10/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Skeptable said:

I choose to believe that Osemele is the problem here but I can see you believe him outright. 

the Jets Drs knew he had a torn labrum, and still passed his physical exam when they took him in a trade

The preexisting conditions become the Jets' responsibility once the TEAM PASSED HIS PHYSICAL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the Jets Drs knew he had a torn labrum, and still passed his physical exam when they took him in a trade

The preexisting conditions become the Jets' responsibility once the TEAM PASSED HIS PHYSICAL

OK??? Not denying that... But are you sure they knew about the torn labrum? And KO wanted out of Oakland so bad that what if he did not fully disclose that he was still in pain.... We as fans don't have all the information... And the majority of what has been leaked is from his agent... 

And again based on his injury history and issues in Oakland, I personally am not ready to believe him yet, especially since no player that I have heard of have ever complained or talked bad against the jets medical staff or doctors 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

This is such a bizarre battle for the Jets.  Whether they are right it wrong it just makes them look bad.

i.e. Same.  Old.  Jets.

We're really blazing a trail on medical issues this year, a QB who goes down due to Mono, a vital TE who misses a game due to injury after he gets off suspension and before he plays a down, now the team threatening an injured guy.  Great PR all this.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Warfish said:

i.e. Same.  Old.  Jets.

We're really blazing a trail on medical issues this year, a QB who goes down due to Mono, a TE who misses a game after he gets off suspension, now the team threatening an injured guy.  Great PR all this.

None of those the medical staffs fault other then whatever is going on with KO... Its laughable to blame the medical staff over mono and a guy trying to get ready and pulling a hammy... That's idiotic 

First he’s great to have around, now he doesn’t want to play because he is injured. He is guaranteed $5.8 Mil healthy or injured. This was Mike Macs call and Joe D has to deal with this. It’s obvious Joe D likes Alex Lewis. KO was not playing well and now it’s a stand off. It’s about the money, they need to offer a buy out to this guy and get him out of the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

None of those the medical staffs fault other then whatever is going on with KO... Its laughable to blame the medical staff over mono and a guy trying to get ready and pulling a hammy... That's idiotic 

Who said anything about blame?  I just said it's Same Old Jets.  Odd and embarrassing.