Jets and Ravens in trade talks

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Or if they're trading an older player for that old player.

Even if it's a player for player thing, I think it's a good gamble. KO seemingly doesn't want to play here anyway, and Alexis Lewis already out played him, so were not losing anything there. If there's a small chance that Smith can step in and contribute for our mangy CB core, it's a net positive deal for us,  and, if not, he'll walk after this season with no commitment.

If we gain a draft pick in doing so, it's all the sweeter for us. I just wouldn't want to swap draft picks if we're giving up the higher one.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I can't understand any team trading for KO unless we eat all of his salary and KO tells the new team he'll play with the injury and have surgery after the season. 

At this stage, I have no clue what the fvck is going on with this guy.  Either he can play or he can't.  If he can play, then there is no need for all this drama.  If he can't play, then there is no way anyone should be giving up anything for the guy.  If a trade is made, I would not count on anything until he passes his physical.

• Upvote 1

osemele will likely not play again this season for the jets due to his supposed shoulder injury.  i'm taking anything away.  i had a torn rotator cuff and could barely lift my arm so i know it's extremely painful.  but osemele wasn't doing so well at guard and if he has some issues regarding getting surgery or not then maybe it's best to just let him go and at least get a decent or needed player in return.  plus they'll get a draft pick.  everyone wins.

Sure. I know nothing about a player but if we can even get a late rounder to make up for the couple we gave up already that’s fine. Osemele has zero value for this year as a player. Basically  paying for a late round draft pick and get another old guy who might be worth a damn for the one that’s not worth a damn. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sure. I know nothing about a player but if we can even get a late rounder to make up for the couple we gave up already that’s fine. Osemele has zero value for this year as a player. Basically  paying for a late round draft pick and get another old guy who might be worth a damn for the one that’s not worth a damn. 

KO sounds done. Dont think he likes football anywmore.  Sail away

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

31 years old 6' 1" big physical CB we need. 

Kinda on the "peaked already" meter plus the fact he's deealt with some injury issues the past few year. I'm sure he would really welcome a trade from a contender like the Ravens to the Jets. I'd pass on this one.