Jets and Ravens in trade talks

Rhg1084

Love this idea, eat cap space to get a draft pick. I've been saying they should do this ever since the Browns did it with Brock. Great move if they can make it happen. The chances of us actually using all our cap space next year is pretty slim so I'd rather sacrifice that to get a shot at a young guy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Love this idea, eat cap space to get a draft pick. I've been saying they should do this ever since the Browns did it with Brock. Great move if they can make it happen. The chances of us actually using all our cap space next year is pretty slim so I'd rather sacrifice that to get a shot at a young guy.

I agree with this...and if the cap the Jets eat is sizable, that should make the DP ‘better’

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

If Osemele is healthy there is no reason to trade him. 

You're not paying attention.  Osemele wants season ending surgery, and the Jets doctors are saying he can play the rest of the season, then get the surgery.

It is a problem, and when you have a problem like this, one good way of solving the problem is to get rid of it.

This is why there is talk of trading him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alka said:

You're not paying attention.  Osemele wants season ending surgery, and the Jets doctors are saying he can play the rest of the season, then get the surgery.

It is a problem, and when you have a problem like this, one good way of solving the problem is to get rid of it.

This is why there is talk of trading him.

Yes. Some team is going to trade for a player who wants year ending surgery. Oh wait. That was Big Macc. He’s unemployed now. 

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Even if it's a player for player thing, I think it's a good gamble. KO seemingly doesn't want to play here anyway, and Alexis Lewis already out played him, so were not losing anything there. If there's a small chance that Smith can step in and contribute for our mangy CB core, it's a net positive deal for us,  and, if not, he'll walk after this season with no commitment.

If we gain a draft pick in doing so, it's all the sweeter for us. I just wouldn't want to swap draft picks if we're giving up the higher one.

Agree.  Just found it funny someone said we shouldn’t trade for an old player when KO is the older player in that trade

worst case scenario we get out from the last year of KOs contract

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I wonder if we compared posts of people fawning over the KO acquisition this summer and the ones wanting him dealt for yet another CB, how that might look. 

The Venn diagrams intersectional area would be huuuge. 

Because rosters, needs, and resources are fluid. 

• Upvote 1