Edoga to start at LT

kdels62

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't think you actually watched the Dallas game. Beachum was holding the left side of the line together with pudding cans and bubble gum and Darnold had to bail Edoga out at least half a dozen times.

No I watched, and Edoga is much better. 

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sam is never a statue, he's far too mobile when the pocket collapses.

Oh he can move in the pocket and he can step up but he throws great on the run and roll outs should be a part of the plan as it can help the oline at times and it can keep the defense off balance.  You don't see mahommes just sitting back there.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't think you actually watched the Dallas game. Beachum was holding the left side of the line together with pudding cans and bubble gum and Darnold had to bail Edoga out at least half a dozen times.

Not sure what you were watching but in his second career start he held Demarcus Lawrence to 2 assists and he was matched up on him all game. Beachum is not terrible but he's nothing more than a stop gap and has been since we signed him.

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not sure what you were watching but in his second career start he held Demarcus Lawrence to 2 assists and he was matched up on him all game. Beachum is not terrible but he's nothing more than a stop gap and has been since we signed him.

Here's the Anderson touchdown. Great play by Darnold. Edoga not so much.

Second one if you can figure out what the **** he's doing please explain it to me.

He's not as bad as he's going to look against New England but he's pretty ******* bad.

giphy (18).gif

giphy (19).gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're just showing your lack of knowledge regarding Oline play so I'll explain it to you.

First play he rides Lawrence around the pocket after Darnold takes a 7 step drop. That is what OT's are supposed to do. Would you prefer he rides him out of the stadium?

Second play Winters fails to pick up the stunt and continues to block the wrong man. That is 100% on Winters. If you can't diagnose something as simple as that, I can't help you. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2019/word-muth-sams-club

Surprise. Not me. The Stanford tackle who writes for FO. Tell me more about your insane fantasies of knowing stuff about stuff.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2019/word-muth-sams-club

Surprise. Not me. The Stanford tackle who writes for FO. Tell me more about your insane fantasies of knowing stuff about stuff.

Pretty sad and maybe a new low for you that you can't post your own material. And tell the author he's wrong.

I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you.

Expect Gase to chip the left side a lot for the first game.

The one thing that sticks out to me on the tape in he has quick feet, that "dancing bear" thing, which will allow him to kick out with edge rushers well.  Otherwise he seems pretty raw still, hope he learns fast.  Has to learn to use him arms better, which is coachable.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Second one if you can figure out what the **** he's doing please explain it to me.

He's not as bad as he's going to look against New England but he's pretty ******* bad.

giphy (18).gif

giphy (19).gif

You just showed why he is good. He does a great job in the first one if he didn't play that technique Sam can make that throw. In the 2nd one he makes his block and saves Winters ass...

Nice try though I guess??

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Adam Gase making more changes until he finds the right combination in week 7.  What a novel concept?

If it were up to Rex and Blowes... Quinton Coples would be at DE until mid season next year... and Spencer Long would be throwing Rick "wild thing" Vaughn shotgun snaps to Darnold through week 13 before considering a change.

These changes are being made because of injuries

20 minutes ago, rammagen said:

These changes are being made because of injuries

There were still gonna be made. Injuries are just making it more convienant. 

Actually one of the things I like about Gase so far, he’s willing to switch things up if something isn’t working. He’s def not just gonna stick with a Veteran over and over if it’s not working. 

• Sympathy 1

All this shuffling and substitutions means only one thing. It's the same as when you have multiple QB's. In other words, you don't have one. It means our OL sucks and quite frankly it's going to get our prized RB and QB killed. Mac's neglect of the OL over the last 5 years is criminal. Now we have truly great pieces at the skill positions and we have to pray we can make it through this season without Darnold and Bell being permanently injured. Instead, Mac was hell bent on taking that little twerp Darron Lee in 2016. That should have been Laremy Tunsil and I could go on and on.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SoCalFan said:

He wasn’t able to play LT at USC...I don’t see any upside from this.  Sam, watch out.

Can you elaborate on this for us? Did USC try to play him on the left side and he didnt do well so they moved him back?

I know its asking a lot of the kid in his 3rd start to move to the left side since he has been practicing on the right but Shell is really poor on the left and is at least serviceable on the right.  We need to hope that Lewis is ok and can play LG to keep the line somewhat intact.  

The knock on Alex Lewis was inability to stay healthy-not surprise he’s injured. 

Kelechi Osemele we now found out had a pre-existing shoulder injury -not surprised he’s Injured 

Ryan Kalil and Brian Winters are completely washed up, and are not legit NFL caliber Olineman anymore

Brandon Shell got demoted after week 3

The coaches think Jonathan Harrison is worse than a washed up Ryan Kalil

Chuma Edoga is a third round rookie starting against a defense coached by Belichick 

Tom Compton will probably find himself in the XFL after the season.

The OL taking the field on Monday is about as bad as I have ever seen. If Darnold makes it out in one piece that would be a small victory. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

giphy (18).gif

giphy (19).gif

fwiw, Gase discusses the first play starting about 1:15 here.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BCJet said:

Can you elaborate on this for us? Did USC try to play him on the left side and he didnt do well so they moved him back?

I know its asking a lot of the kid in his 3rd start to move to the left side since he has been practicing on the right but Shell is really poor on the left and is at least serviceable on the right.  We need to hope that Lewis is ok and can play LG to keep the line somewhat intact.  

They tried him a few times in games and many times in practice.  He would get beat consistently or hold.