Edoga to start at LT

kdels62

On 10/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, SR24 said:

Idk about this one. Rookie LT starting against the best defense in the league right now? Edoga looked good at RT played pretty well idk if I'd move him out of there so soon. 

Pats D has been statistically good because they get to hold every play and play the dolphins every week

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Pats D has been statistically good because they get to hold every play and play the dolphins every week

The Patriots have the second-best pass rush in the league. The Jets are second worst in pass protection. Adjusted for schedule. I got an idea though. Let's try JN's preferred method of dealing with everything, blame it all on Falk, declare the problem solved, buy super bowl tickets, and see if this works out any different than ******* always.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The Patriots have the second-best pass rush in the league. The Jets are second worst in pass protection. Adjusted for schedule. I got an idea though. Let's try JN's preferred method of dealing with everything, blame it all on Falk, declare the problem solved, buy super bowl tickets, and see if this works out any different than ******* always.

Have you seen the pats schedule first 6 weeks?  Nothing but putrid offensive lines with crap qbs

Yes our OL sucks too but if Sam is as good as we know he can be he will audible and get rid of the ball quickly.  He did that to the Cowboys defense which looked all world tonight facing Carson Wentz and a good OL

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Have you seen the pats schedule first 6 weeks?  Nothing but putrid offensive lines with crap qbs

Yes our OL sucks too but if Sam is as good as we know he can be he will audible and get rid of the ball quickly.  He did that to the Cowboys defense which looked all world tonight facing Carson Wentz and a good OL

Yeah.  That's why I think Sam's learning curve could have spiked and they've only seen the Buffalo and Dallas games.  Could be one of those games whre even if they adjust he can still pick them apart.  Dallas just handed Philly as ass whuppin'.  That's something Bill won't take lightly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  That's why I think Sam's learning curve could have spiked and they've only seen the Buffalo and Dallas games.  Could be one of those games whre even if they adjust he can still pick them apart.  Dallas just handed Philly as ass whuppin'.  That's something Bill won't take lightly.

Expect a lot of disguised blitzes and those yellow flags will be flying all night to help the pats WRs

• Sympathy 1

On 10/19/2019 at 3:16 PM, kdels62 said:

He’s claiming Edoga has been taking the LT reps and will start on the blind side, with Shell going back to RT.

Good move. Even if Edoga is shaky at least we wont have a shaky Edoga AND a RT sucking at LT in shell.  Keep him where he knows how to play. No reason to have two tackles playing a new position. 

Now if Compton could just get Winters to the bench we just might have something. I could also see Kalil on a short leash as well.  Getting Luke Falk killed is one thing. Getting Sam killed is another entirely. 

He wasn’t able to play LT at USC...I don’t see any upside from this.  Sam, watch out.
Just saw a scouting report that he only started 2 games at LT as a sophomore. Best believe Belicheck is drooling over the possibilities. I'm pulling for the kid but this move could make or break this game.
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Now if Compton could just get Winters to the bench we just might have something. I could also see Kalil on a short leash as well.

Jets fans: All we have to do is get Harrison out of there and everything will be great

Also Jets fans: All we have to do is get Harrison back in there and everything will be great

Compton doesn't play for a reason. Edoga is the tackle of last resort for a reason. Beachum has to help two guys on the same play for a reason. This is never a good idea (see: that time Sanchez blew a read on all curls and everybody lost their ******* minds about it, twice) but I will again refer you to the Anderson touchdown. Edoga doesn't get Lawrence deep enough before he gets the corner so Darnold has to do a ******* jump cut right at the guy coming off the other edge because Beachum can't bail out both Lewis and the tight end at the same time. Let's see what happens when we replace the best lineman we have with a bag of folger's crystals. It'll be great.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Jets fans: All we have to do is get Harrison out of there and everything will be great

Also Jets fans: All we have to do is get Harrison back in there and everything will be great

Compton doesn't play for a reason. Edoga is the tackle of last resort for a reason. Beachum has to help two guys on the same play for a reason. This is never a good idea (see: that time Sanchez blew a read on all curls and everybody lost their ******* minds about it, twice) but I will again refer you to the Anderson touchdown. Edoga doesn't get Lawrence deep enough before he gets the corner so Darnold has to do a ******* jump cut right at the guy coming off the other edge because Beachum can't bail out both Lewis and the tight end at the same time. Let's see what happens when we replace the best lineman we have with a bag of folger's crystals. It'll be great.

Spoken as if this is big news. lol Has there been anyone on our OL that has played solidly all season? I don't think so. 

Here's the thing. I'm no Harrison fan nor am I a Compton Fan. I'm no Beachum Fan nor am I a Shell fan. I wanted to like KO but he has stuggled as well. Same goes for Winters.  Compton? Who knows?  Edoga? Young guy with tons of potential but who knows again? There is a proof in the pudding scenario here.

I'm all for giving the OL time to gel and was not part of the brigade to get Kalil out of there after the second game. He was always going to need time. My "short leash" comment was more about understanding if Kalil struggles tonight against the Pats in game 6 the same was he has in most other games, I could understand if a switch was made. 

And Winters... UGH. This guy.  He's almost been like a turnstile and I am pretty done wanting him to be something he is unfortunately not.  The only thing I'm saying is that we already know that one guy has been a tick or two above dog sh*t and when that is the case you have to give the next guy a shot at the job. Winters has proven he is having a lot of trouble. tHat we know as fact. Compton is an unknown commodity in game situations for the Jets. 

I think we're all wanting our OL to suddenly get it together. Tonight would be a great time for it to happen. 

On 10/20/2019 at 7:08 AM, Samtorobby47 said:

There were still gonna be made. Injuries are just making it more convienant. 

Actually one of the things I like about Gase so far, he’s willing to switch things up if something isn’t working. He’s def not just gonna stick with a Veteran over and over if it’s not working. 

actually it has been quite the opposite he has not made a change until forced too. He should have sat kalil after the 2 or 3 rd game