Sunday Games

17 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

My favorite part of that movie is the confession.   I think it may be the best scene Clint Eastwood ever filmed.  It's NOT QUITE the ending of The Good, The Bad &, The Ugly.  But it's still great.

I’m just going to assume you’ve never seen Unforgiven then. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I watched the Jags game so I could pick apart Allen’s game and piss off his loyal followers. Now I’m on Redzone watching players I have in FF 

Did you enjoy watching him get his 5th sack and 7th tackle for loss on the year?

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m just going to assume you’ve never seen Unforgiven then. 

Great film.  But I like monologues and a lot of "shot/reverse shot" scenes rather than action.  Always have.  That "all he'll ever have or will ever scene' is awesome though.

My favorite ""Western scene."  Well maybe not technically a western.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did you watch the game? I’ve watched a few of his games this year and outside of an occasional sack he’s useless. He gave up a few first downs, had one good sack and was handed a TFL. Outside of that he was constantly pushed past the play and mostly plays on passing downs. 

I did watch.  Had the local channel on one TV while I watched Redzone on the other TV in the man cave.  I saw him get a sack, almost get another and stuff 2 run plays behind LOS but ya know he's not Lawrence Taylor. 

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

About what? 

What you claimed I did last year, which is what you mentioned to me just last week. I dont even remember what you were talking about, with it being last year and all. Im wondering if you're still in your feelings about given your latest comment about a back up Glennon and Sanchez v2.0.

Im sending apologies to all folks who were upset that I mentioned sh*tty play from our qb last year. I did nothing outside of what folks are doing with Sanchez v2.0 today, except i just criticized game performance and not reduced our qb to any true colors, given that good'ol 3 year rule us Jets fans use when it's Jets players. I didn't know it would be a problem what I did last year and I just want to apologize publicly to you and to move forward from whatever you were hung up on that I said from last year. 

I hope my apology changes things for you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Bandwagon hawks fans around the country pissed that Wilson has one pick lol. Spoiled ****s. 

I have never unsrood why people in the NW jumped on the Hawks bandwagon so fervently. People from the King County area can be absolute provincial pricks. When I was growing up Walsh was in SF and Don James was at UW.  The Hawks couldn't win sh*t and Oregonians hated the city because of Husky douchebags.  Then that script flipped when Mike Belotti & Chip Kelly had success and Allen bought the Seahawks.  When they went to the SB in Pittsburgh everyone forgot the regional division.  But I'd net if you gauged the NW as a region you'd find lots of Niners/Raiders/Bromvos fans that hate them.  Hawks/Huslies fans still have this "were bigger than you, we're richer than you, we're more smarter than you"  mentality.  And it's hard to "out smug" a bunch of Portland leftist hipsters.

• Upvote 1

When I watch some of these games, I get the feeling that the overall talent level in the NFL has just been steadily decreasing for about a decade.  An average team in the mid 2ks or even the 90s would smash almost all of these scrub teams.

tons of garbage QBs with garbage OLs.  Secondaries that bust every other play.  No one can tackle anymore bc of penalties.  What the hell am I watching.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I did watch.  Had the local channel on one TV while I watched Redzone on the other TV in the man cave.  I saw him get a sack, almost get another and stuff 2 run plays behind LOS but ya know he's not Lawrence Taylor. 

He had two tackles and one sack. One tackle was for a loss the other wasn’t. He’s more Whitney Mercilus but not as good against the run.