Dan Quinn

With another Falcons loss today, I'm guessing Quinn will be out sooner than later.  Boy he has fallen from Grace quickly.  I don't think I posted here regularly when the Bowles/Quinn off-season or subsequent Falcons SB run happened.  I know what I did  read elsewhere was missing out on Quinn was going to be the big miss. 

Turns out Quinn will likely only make it a handful of games longer than Bowles.  Looks like they both stink.  

Quinn's tenure in Atlanta is a tough one to rate.  On one hand, he made it to a Superbowl.  On the other hand, he severely underachieved every other year of his stint.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Kyle shannahan was the real reason that team was any good. And since he left they have been garbage.

Quinn’ failure supports the Offensive HC theory.   He could not hire anyone good to replace Shanahan.  Then it all collapsed.   I don’t think the Personnel Management was great either.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

With another Falcons loss today, I'm guessing Quinn will be out sooner than later.  Boy he has fallen from Grace quickly.  I don't think I posted here regularly when the Bowles/Quinn off-season or subsequent Falcons SB run happened.  I know what I did  elsewhere was missing out on Quinn was going to be the big miss. 

Turns out Quinn will likely only make it a handful of games longer than Bowles.  Looks like they both stink.  

Quinn's tenure in Atlanta is a tough one to rate.  On one hand, he made it to a Superbowl.  On the other hand, he severely underachieved every other year of his stint.

The Super Bowl run was more about Kyle Shanahan propping up Matt Ryan than anything Quinn did.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Super Bowl run was more about Kyle Shanahan propping up Matt Ryan than anything Quinn did.

Exactly, Quinn was supposed to be able to solidify the entire team because of his supposed D skills, they had invested so heavily to surround Ryan with top level talent.  Imagine Ryan trying to win games with what Darnold has around him?

Their blown Super Bowl is the most epic disaster probably in sports history, because of course the game was the Super Bowl and all Quinn had to do if I remember correctly was stop New England just ONCE from putting up points in the second half...and couldn’t.  He couldn’t even stop multiply 2 pt conversions that if only a single one failed....ATL Wins.

Another very underwhelming D guy who should never have been a HC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed but all I can keep seeing is Shannahan running play after play without running the play clock down to 1-2 seconds while they had the lead in the Super Bowl . Leaving Belecheck n Brady all that extra time to pull off the comeback . And Quinn watching it happen 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Agreed but all I can keep seeing is Shannahan running play after play without running the play clock down to 1-2 seconds while they had the lead in the Super Bowl . Leaving Belecheck n Brady all that extra time to pull off the comeback . And Quinn watching it happen 

Not running the clock down 2 seconds?  

They were running at 6+ a pop and passed, forgot the run.  Forgot to run out the clock.

1st down, pass play and Ryan sacked.  

2nd down pass play complete by a hold on Atl.

3rd down another pass play, incomplete.  

Horrible and stupid, don't runout the clock or get NE to use TOS

Stupid.  If it was Shanahan it's still on Quinn for not overriding his calls. 

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

With another Falcons loss today, I'm guessing Quinn will be out sooner than later.  Boy he has fallen from Grace quickly.  I don't think I posted here regularly when the Bowles/Quinn off-season or subsequent Falcons SB run happened.  I know what I did  read elsewhere was missing out on Quinn was going to be the big miss. 

I knew both were dog sh*t when they were the hot candidates.  Truth be told I preferred bowles over Quinn but didn't like either. Then Bowles went and hired Chan Fin Gaily out of retirement and I sighed. Looks like another miserable 4 years. And I was right. 

in his defense 2015 was actually pretty fun, but that last game erased any of the positive vibes Fitzmagic inspired. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

I knew both were dog sh*t when they were the hot candidates.  Truth be told I preferred bowles over Quinn but didn't like either. Then Bowles went and hired Chan Fin Gaily out of retirement and I sighed. Looks like another miserable 4 years. And I was right. 

in his defense 2015 was actually pretty fun, but that last game erased any of the positive vibes Fitzmagic inspired. 

In 2015 Bowles had Marshall and Decker both playing lights out keeping our offense on the field and he inherited Snacks and Mo both in their primes from Rex

Once Revis hit the wall which was week 17 whenBowles kept him in man to man the entire game with Watkins Bowles got exposed and is a horrible HC who is now a bad DC

Just now, Philc1 said:

In 2015 Bowles had Marshall and Decker both playing lights out keeping our offense on the field and he inherited Snacks and Mo both in their primes from Rex

Once Revis hit the wall which was week 17 whenBowles kept him in man to man the entire game with Watkins Bowles got exposed and is a horrible HC who is now a bad DC

Right, but just like Quinn's Super Bowl trip I just wanted to mention that there was actually a smile or two during the Bowles tenure.  Like I said it was pretty much over for me as soon as Gailey was the big choice for OC.  I didn't even watch 2016 and 2017.  I had some yard work to do.  lol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right, but just like Quinn's Super Bowl trip I just wanted to mention that there was actually a smile or two during the Bowles tenure.  Like I said it was pretty much over for me as soon as Gailey was the big choice for OC.  I didn't even watch 2016 and 2017.  I had some yard work to do.  lol 

We passed on Marrone and Frank Reich for Bowles.  He set us back huge time

• Upvote 1

One thing that bugged me about Quinn's hiring was that he hadn't spent a ton of time as an NFL: coordinator and that Seattle defense was absolutely loaded.  Also having Shanahan helped A LOT.  I haven't really followed them too much.  Except well, the other than the guy from Atlanta who cleans my teeth always bitching about Matt Ryan.  But there is nothing more NFL than hiring a coach riding a sudden hot reputation that turns out not to last in the long run.

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We passed on Marrone and Frank Reich for Bowles.  He set us back huge time

Indeed. 

I don't know how much better we are with Gase but I do like Douglas. At least I think I do. That kicker nonsense was odd. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Top qb?  Seven years ago.... not today

ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
ATL
Career

• 2016 NFL MVP

You were saying? 
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Top qb?  Seven years ago.... not today

He was only a top qb with Kyle Shanahan

sure he always produce stats but he has the best WR Corp in the game... And it's been that way for a long time... He should be running big stats every year... But he has always been a mediocre QB. 

• WTF? 1

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:
ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

ATL

Career

• 2016 NFL MVP

You were saying? 

Best WRs in the game... If he didn't put up those numbers he would go from mediocre to terrible.

Not sure your obsession with Matt Ryan is... Maybe you are  a BC fan?