Dan Quinn

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He was only a top qb with Kyle Shanahan

sure he always produce stats but he has the best WR Corp in the game... And it's been that way for a long time... He should be running big stats every year... But he has always been a mediocre QB. 

But was he better than Geno?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Best WRs in the game... If he didn't put up those numbers he would go from mediocre to terrible.

Not sure your obsession with Matt Ryan is... Maybe you are  a BC fan? 

ND fan, I only watch BC if there’s a player I want the Jets to take or not take.
He’s a top QB on every list except some people here and was the MVP in 2016. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

ND fan, I only watch BC if there’s a player I want the Jets to take or not take.

Ryan has always been good, not great

He’s good at audibling protection, splitting safeties and throwing fade routes with touch.  Is he limited by a not great arm?  Sure.  I also think at times he can be mentally weak

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

OK... I have watched a lot of Matt Ryan... Fantasy football interest, living in BC area, and such, throughout the years... His stats are way overblown due to his wrs and his MVP should be forwarded to the true MVP which was KS.... I know you aren't going to agree by the arguments you have made... Just my opinion... But look at his WRs throughout the years tell me why he shouldn't have those numbers

On another note I too am a fan of the fighting Irish. 

11 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Falcons lost because they took their foot off the pedal. If they would have kept scoring they would have won. They went conservative and got burned. IMO they got what they deserved.

Actually not true. They needed to be more conservative. Run the ball and get the FG instead of the sack, and then snap every play after that with literally 1-2 seconds left and there just isnt time for NE to come back. Worst managed lead ever.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Actually not true. They needed to be more conservative. Run the ball and get the FG instead of the sack, and then snap every play after that with literally 1-2 seconds left and there just isnt time for NE to come back. Worst managed lead ever.

LOL. Playing to lose. That is what that describes. You get up 45-3 THEN you play that way in the 4th qtr. You never take your foot off the gas. You have them by the throat you keep smacking them until their will is gone and they submit. You NEVER give them an inch or a hope they can get back in the game. It's called killer instinct, which you obviously don't have.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The biggest issue with Ryan is that he doesn't make players around him better which separates good QBs from great QBs 

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Playing to lose. That is what that describes. You get up 45-3 THEN you play that way in the 4th qtr. You never take your foot off the gas. You have them by the throat you keep smacking them until their will is gone and they submit. You NEVER give them an inch or a hope they can get back in the game. It's called killer instinct, which you obviously don't have.

Not true, I definitely feel teams in most situations need to stay super aggressive but not in that super bowl. They needed to just kill the clock like Parcells used to do and there was literally no way for NE to come back. Each situation is different. Last Sunday as an example if Gase had gone conservative like Bowles always did we would have lost.

I'm not great at evaluating coaches... It certainly seems like Quinn has lost his way.

But man, their OL is awful... It's much worse than others. That team has a decent amount of talent but they can't do anything on offense with that line. I really think it's bringing down the entire team way more than people are talking about. 

4 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Frank Reich I completely agree with.  Marrone sucks just as bad as Bowles and Quinn.

I remember Reich they interviewed and being excited about it because he was a player here and worked with Rivers as a qb coach in San Diego

Colts are 4-2 without Andrew Luck if they make the playoffs he has to win coach of the year

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I'm not great at evaluating coaches... It certainly seems like Quinn has lost his way.

But man, their OL is awful... It's much worse than others. That team has a decent amount of talent but they can't do anything on offense with that line. I really think it's bringing down the entire team way more than people are talking about. 

Quinn was never a great head coach he marginally improved the falcons D only initially and got one really good year out of Vic Beasley who looks like a one year wonder

Quinn is not as good as Rex as a defensive head coach

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Not true, I definitely feel teams in most situations need to stay super aggressive but not in that super bowl. They needed to just kill the clock like Parcells used to do and there was literally no way for NE to come back. Each situation is different. Last Sunday as an example if Gase had gone conservative like Bowles always did we would have lost.

No it is true. You run it up and break their backs. Then you can be conservative. If you're up by 40 points with 5 minutes to play then you can go conservative. Otherwise you wind up losing it like the Falcons did.

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I agree he’s not great but still upper part of top 10. I would put him in the second tier with Phillips and Big Ben. 

Big Ben was way better and it's not close... Although I won't agree in the end Ben Rapeburger is a HOFer... 

Rivers is a decent comparison but I still think he is better then Ryan

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I don’t watch any falcons football but to me that looks like a pretty talented roster. I don’t know how you continue to suck so bad. They need a new identity on the coaching side of things. 

Julio Jones' fault...  he's not good enough to be a #1, doenst EXPLODE outta his breaks...  et cet...

4 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Big Ben was way better and it's not close... Although I won't agree in the end Ben Rapeburger is a HOFer... 

Rivers is a decent comparison but I still think he is better then Ryan

I would go Ben, Ryan the Rivers. 
Since Quinn has been coach (2015) Ryan has averaged around 300 yards a game, 2 TDs and 3/4 an int a game. His ints are to high but the rest is good. 

37 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Since Quinn has been coach (2015) Ryan has averaged around 300 yards a game, 2 TDs and 3/4 an int a game. His ints are to high but the rest is good. 

Julio, Sanu, Ridley, and before that Coleman and Freeman when they were good

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2019 at 5:13 PM, T0mShane said:

The Super Bowl run was more about Kyle Shanahan propping up Matt Ryan than anything Quinn did.

Ryan has thrown for over 50 thousand yards with a QBR of over 94% I dont thing that was all Shanahan so I would say they worked well together but give the qb some sort credit

On 10/21/2019 at 6:31 PM, New York Mick said:

that is not true he has not thrown 3 to 4 interceptions a game . Last yr he threw 35 tds to 7 interceptiosn this yr 24 to 12, look them up yourself. Matt has been very good the issues are not all him

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U501DF&PC=U501&q=Matt+Ryan+Stats

On 10/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, DMan77 said:

This is why the Jets need to draft OL - there's going to be such a run on FA OL that the Jets will be struggling to find competent help there.

Salaries for FA OL will be through the roof.