How is Daniel Jones looking now?

Alka

In 5 starts, Daniel Jones has had 7 interceptions and 5 fumbles.

I do think that he will turn out to be a decent QB, but for the Giants coaching staff who at first gushed about how great Daniel Jones is, I don't see them gushing at the moment.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Watching Giants fans blame Shurmur for Jones terrible play the last few weeks is classic. The same fans were giving Jones a pass because he didn't have saquon and engram.

The guy is a turnover machine and he's actually been lucky he doesn't have 4-5 more turnovers on some really bad passes. 

I'll give him credit that he does make some nice throws but so does Ryan Tannehill. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Watching Giants fans blame Shurmur for Jones terrible play the last few weeks is classic. The same fans were giving Jones a pass because he didn't have saquon and engram.
The guy is a turnover machine and he's actually been lucky he doesn't have 4-5 more turnovers on some really bad passes. 
I'll give him credit that he does make some nice throws but so does Ryan Tannehill. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself. That line. Saquon back. Engram back. AWFUL opponent. I’m sure some in the media will STILL give this kid more excuses. It’s crazy!
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

I didn’t think Jones played terribly today. His OL was terrible and his WRs dropped a few very catchable balls. 

That said it’s way too early in his career to say anything definitive about him. The media set him up for failure after week 1.

You hope they can teach him to get through his reads faster and to not hold onto the ball so long but awareness is kind of something that you have or don’t have. 

darnold had fumble issues at USC but cleaned it up in 1 summer 

he throws a nice ball but really any first round pick should be able to throw a football 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

In 5 starts, Daniel Jones has had 7 interceptions and 5 fumbles.

I do think that he will turn out to be a decent QB, but for the Giants coaching staff who at first gushed about how great Daniel Jones is, I don't see them gushing at the moment.  

He’s a rookie with 5 starts. This thread is about as absurd as they get.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

You hope they can teach him to get through his reads faster and to not hold onto the ball so long but awareness is kind of something that you have or don’t have. 

darnold had fumble issues at USC but cleaned it up in 1 summer 

he throws a nice ball but really any first round pick should be able to throw a football 

Darnold had his share of rookie mistakes too. Do you recall his 5 INT game against Miami?

The laughable part of all this is we can go back to the Giants thread from a few weeks ago and 75% of the posters in that thread were touting that Giants were so much smarter then the Jets because they got Saquon and the best young QB out of all the ones drafted in the past 3 years... There were so many people spewing that garbage, because at the time, the Jets were a joke without Darnold... Now that Darnold is back and beat the 'unbeatable' Cowboys and Jones has looked like sh*t.... Its now people jumping on the new band wagon... It's sick and garbage if you ask me... Quit blowing in the wind.. And own your garbage takes. 

• Thumb Down 1