Alka

How is Daniel Jones looking now?

Just now, jvill 51 said:

You called him the most accurate QB you’ve ever seen like 6 hours ago

He’s incredibly accurate. If he has time and a clean pocket he looks like Marino with the way he hits the guy in stride. 

Im not a QB coach and I haven’t watched every snap of his, but a part of his game that concerns me is his slow release (certainly doesn’t look like Marino there). He really cocks his arm back and defenders are going right after it.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s a rookie with 5 starts. This thread is about as absurd as they get.

Do you have change for a dime? 

• Haha 1

Darnold had his share of rookie mistakes too. Do you recall his 5 INT game against Miami?

Yes I do. And if Jones is out for the next four weeks with an injury, I will apologize.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

The better question is:  How many quarterbacks currently in the NFL are not better than Luke Falk?

One less than are not better than Danny Dimes

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

He’s incredibly accurate. If he has time and a clean pocket he looks like Marino with the way he hits the guy in stride. 

Im not a QB coach and I haven’t watched every snap of his, but a part of his game that concerns me is his slow release (certainly doesn’t look like Marino there). He really cocks his arm back and defenders are going right after it.

No he's not. the knock on him in college was he wasn't accurate with the ball, could play a great game and then 2 bad games.  He isn't particularly quick getting the ball out and has a bellow average arm.  A weak arm, should be interesting in the winter NE games.   He looks nothing like Marino, in any way,  that's total nonsense. 

Daenold has his down games, threw 4 picks in the Dolphin game when the C was snapping the ball all over the field, you're right.  But he had really good games and wins against good teams.  jones hasn't had one.  Was the best QB statistically over the last 4 games.  There's that to shoot for by seasons end.

• Upvote 1

Still much better than I expected - he was not on anyone's radar in the draft - played for a crap school, did not win much of anything and is holding his own in the NFL thanks to the Manning coaching tree

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The laughable part of all this is we can go back to the Giants thread from a few weeks ago and 75% of the posters in that thread were touting that Giants were so much smarter then the Jets because they got Saquon and the best young QB out of all the ones drafted in the past 3 years... There were so many people spewing that garbage, because at the time, the Jets were a joke without Darnold... Now that Darnold is back and beat the 'unbeatable' Cowboys and Jones has looked like sh*t.... Its now people jumping on the new band wagon... It's sick and garbage if you ask me... Quit blowing in the wind.. And own your garbage takes. 

Let me get this straight, you are suggesting that 3 out of 4 posters in that thread were saying the Giants were smarter than the Jets because:

1. They got Saquon Barkey

-and-

2. They also got Daniel Jones who is better than Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Mitchell Trubisky 

I am going on on a limb here and saying that isn't what happened. Even after the Jets 0 and 4 start.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Still much better than I expected - he was not on anyone's radar in the draft - played for a crap school, did not win much of anything and is holding his own in the NFL thanks to the Manning coaching tree

I hate the giants passionately but the kid is just a rookie Sam who I think is the real deal had a lot of bad games too as a rookie on a bad team with a bad coach which the giants are

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Let me get this straight, you are suggesting that 3 out of 4 posters in that thread were saying the Giants were smarter than the Jets because:

1. They got Saquon Barkey

-and-

2. They also got Daniel Jones who is better than Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Mitchell Trubisky 

I am going on on a limb here and saying that isn't what happened. Even after the Jets 0 and 4 start.

Jets got their own Saquon Barkley Leveon Bell

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

A rotting corpse is better than Luke Falk.

Not true 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Not true 

Very true.  I was wrong.  A rotten corpse with decent rotator cuff tendons, prior to rigor mortis.

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I hate the giants passionately but the kid is just a rookie Sam who I think is the real deal had a lot of bad games too as a rookie on a bad team with a bad coach which the giants are

Did you watch the game today? Sam never looked like what happened today. Bill Belichick made Sam look bad, he does that to rookies. Dimes lost to the cornerback from Remember the Titans today, that isn't good.

• Upvote 1

Premature victory laps are an epidemic here now

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Isn’t Jones only like a month younger than Sam? 

Sam is younger than Jones.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I doubt you ever watched Marino play. Dude looks nothing like Marino, ever. Stop. If you did watch Marino I think you're suffering from delusions.

I think Danny (Dave Brown Dimes) game looks a lot like Marino....if Marino threw left-handed, and even then the ball would get there quicker.  This guy isn't even in the same stratosphere with Sam Darnold (amazing how he has a good first game and how virtually ALL the pundits showered him with accolades after that single game, trying to stir things up..."better than Darnold", "Gettleman a genius"), and I'm not saying that due to my allegiance to my team, time will make that become abundantly apparent.

I think Jones will be a decent QB, nothing special, and will never see any deep play-off runs.

I would NOT be happy if he were the Jet QB and knew they would be married for at least the next 5 years.

8 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

And when all is said and done with Jones career my predication is that it will be viewed as MEDIOCRE.  That is not what I want from my team's QB.  "Better than expected" in his case will never translate into any Super Bowl trophies.

Jet fans have been beaten down for so long they've developed a mindset that if something isn't the very very bottom of the barrel it is somehow a good thing..."well at least Maccagnan isn't as bad as Idzik"..."well at least Bowles isn't as bad as Kotite"....(by the way, Bowles D in Tampa is starting to trend down toward the Bottom of the League, what a surprise being that he doesn't have a unit that has about 9 All-Pros out of 11 like he did in Arizona).

Those days are over...because of one Sam Darnold (although it did take a total incompetent organization up and down to be in the position to luck into him in the Draft).

So if you look at it from this take and my prediction comes true, drafting Jones was a colossal mistake, although the Media has been lauding the move to create debate as to "who is the young King of NY QB's"....there is NO debate.  Daniel Jones will NEVER put up a game that Darnold just did against the Dallas Cowboys for as long as he plays....and Darnold is only just getting started, with the start happening the final quarter of last year when the "light went on" and he led the entire NFL in Passer Rating....Danny Dimes won't do that over any 4 game stretch either.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Of course, but there’s also been plenty of posters touting him as great while bashing Sam, so just a little fun. I think he will be a fine QB over time as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Of course, but there’s also been plenty of posters touting him as great while bashing Sam, so just a little fun. I think he will be a fine QB over time as well.

I think he’s going to be good.  Shurmur is the giants version of Todd Bowles

Like TomShane said before if Brady retires this year I could see Beliweasel running out of Foxboro to take the giant job

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Did you watch the game today? Sam never looked like what happened today. Bill Belichick made Sam look bad, he does that to rookies. Dimes lost to the cornerback from Remember the Titans today, that isn't good.

Fair enough but he is a rookie with a bad supporting cast missing his best wide receiver and a clueless head coach

The cardinals did get an all world cover corner back this week too also

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He's hands down, no questions asked, arguably the BEST QB ... on the Giants.

That is undeniable.

13 hours ago, Alka said:

In 5 starts, Daniel Jones has had 7 interceptions and 5 fumbles.

I do think that he will turn out to be a decent QB, but for the Giants coaching staff who at first gushed about how great Daniel Jones is, I don't see them gushing at the moment.  

He's no Baker Mayfield but he's  trying. 

I hear they are going to making a reoccurring  theme commercial with him using the lockerroom  as his personal bathroom. 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Reminded me of a young Dan Marino.

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

If you told me we’ve traded Sam for Dimes, I’d be suicidal

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I would be homicidal

I'd become a pedophile 

Doesn't have the same ring, does it?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

this kid is OLDER than Sam.  I don't wanna hear all this rookie crap.  they have played football for the same amount o time; Sam was actually good, and left early.  And keep in mind:  Sam still has not played a full 16 games yet.

the only thing the media like better than tearing a player/team down is then following that up by building them up!  They (unfairly) killed this kid for bing the 6th pick in the draft.  then he goes 5 for 5 against the Jets 2nd/3rd stringers in PRESEASON and they put him in Canton.  then he goes against a bad Tampa team in a game he should have lost and further build him up.  it's crazy.  the kid looks absolutely lost back there.

7 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

this kid is YOUNGER than Sam.  I don't wanna hear all this rookie crap.  they have played football for the same amounot o time

Darnold is actually younger than Jones.  

• Upvote 1