Mike Francesa absolutely destroying Giants and Shurmur on Twitter

Jumbo2927

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Honestly.  I dont blame him.  Portland was called Little Beirut back then.  And still is sometimes with all the protest violence and lack of police action.  I could easily see him saying somethinv and pissing off the wrong coffee house anarchist with impulse control issues. 

Absolutely.

I love Portland 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Absolutely.

I love Portland 

Yeah.  Im a third generation Portlander.  But it's a hard city to love.  Its tries to hard to be liberal but gets too conservative when it comes to infrastructure.  And it's becoming readily apparent that Mark Hatfield/Neil Goldahsmidt/Bud Clark era civic improvements with new policy aren't carrying the urban growth any more.  There olis just a constant influx leading to too many people here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  Im a third generation Portlander.  But it's a hard city to love.  Its tries to hard to be liberal but gets too conservative when it comes yo infrastructure.  And it's becoming readily apparent that Mark Hatfield/Neil Goldahmidt era civic improvements with new policy aren't carrying the urban growth any more.  There are too many people.

I have never lived there, but my wife and I are very close to some people who live there and so we visit often 

The politics are too liberal for my taste, but I always have a blast there 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Collin was a conservative radio host in Portland for years.  Which kind of stood out because... well you know, Portland.  I hope some fanatic never takes what he says too seriously, because Collin has a permit to conceal carry.  And he was very vocal about using this privilege when he was here.

You can never be too careful these days. Good on Cowherd. 

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Mike is mostly mad that his picks were trash this week. 

He has also been consistently (rightfully) sh*tting on Shurmer and Gettleman since they got hired. 

The entire NY media (not just Francesca) has gotten on Gettleman and Shurmur from day 1.

In this city if you are going to be as arrogant as those two have been your record needs to be better than 7-16 in your first 25 games at the helm.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

The entire NY media (not just Francesca) has gotten on Gettleman and Shurmur from day 1.

In this city if you are going to be as arrogant as those two have been your record needs to be better than 7-16 in your first 25 games at the helm.

I don’t have a PHD In applied Math or anything like that, but I think 7 + 16 = 23

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

The media has been pretty soft since Jones took over, but that is about to change 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Mike and the Mad Dog was a generational show that actually had influenced me as a teenager and in my early 20’s. I spent summers working and listening to them in my car. 

the show never worked once Mad Dog left...for either of them. Together they formed the right mix of content and entertainment. Separately both are boring and times have passed both by. Sorta sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes.

After getting destroyed in the media for Gettleman and the Jones pick at 6 all of a sudden the Giants message,everywhere was how good Danny Dimes was.  Every day, weverywhere, the media bought in and it was erased.  Now he sucks and it's Shurmur who's going to get blamed.  

well shurmur was SO ARROGANT about it.  he came into those press conferences with his chest all puffed out: "how about our #6 pick now?"  same with Saquon's injury: "that's not what OUR doctors said..."  so friggin' arrogant - perfect guy for that organization.  man, I hate arrogant people!!

15 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

well shurmur was SO ARROGANT about it.  he came into those press conferences with his chest all puffed out: "how about our #6 pick now?"  same with Saquon's injury: "that's not what OUR doctors said..."  so friggin' arrogant - perfect guy for that organization.  man, I hate arrogant people!!

Very true.  He was adamant, with the we knew what he was message.  He's extremely arrogant for a HC with his history.  

i hear him and think not only how arrogant he comes off but his also smug.  All from a guy who's HC record is 17-39.  Not like he has earned the right to talk down to people. 

• Upvote 2

Mike and the Mad Dog was a generational show that actually had influenced me as a teenager and in my early 20’s. I spent summers working and listening to them in my car. 

the show never worked once Mad Dog left...for either of them. Together they formed the right mix of content and entertainment. Separately both are boring and times have passed both by. Sorta sad.
I think Mad Dog's show works fine. Mike needs someone to yell and scream at his arrogance, and someone that he can correct in his condescending manner. Otherwise he just looks like an insane, blithering idiot, doing all this solo.
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Dogs show is still decent. His opinions seem to be his own and arent influenced by his gambling losses/personal grudges. Sports radio in general seems to pretty sterilized these days therefore zzz.

Mike's show is horrible.

58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Dogs show is still decent. His opinions seem to be his own and arent influenced by his gambling losses/personal grudges. Sports radio in general seems to pretty sterilized these days therefore zzz.

Mike's show is horrible.

Dogs Show is ok if you like to hear over analysis of Roger Federer and Raphael Nadal

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Just out of curiosity, instead of ripping a team that is rebuilding and is playing like 10 1st or 2nd year guys, did this moronic has-been happen to say anything negative about his beloved Yankees, who spend $200mm a year and continue to gag?

Hard to answer the show didn’t go on yet

14 hours ago, Jumbo2927 said:

Gettleman/Shurmur took Barkley at #2 ... was completely a "win now" pick. 

I don't think Giants ownership gave them a green light to commit to true, conservative rebuilding. As the record reflects, it made zero difference.

What's really sad (and I'm weeping as I write this, believe me) is that they're more likely than not in a quarterback limbo. The best way forward right now is to commit to Danny Dimes with the hope and prayer he works out. And that's a worse spot to be than a team admitting they have a QB problem and not caring that the league knows they will be looking to draft or acquire. 

Again, it pains my heart.