Larz

****The official Jets/cheaters game thread****

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

this game really illustrates how bad leo williams is and how bad that pick has been. 

This team gets absolutely 0 pressure with our defensive lineman.  the guys that have been even getting close, are basham and phllips, leo is getting absolutely stonewalled. so whats greg williams to do? he has to blitz.. and the problem with blitzing?

YOU HAVE TO GO MAN COVERAGE, and the problem with that you ask? our corners arent good enough to hold up in man coverage when the blitz literally gets 0 pressure.

So realistically, the jets are damned if they do and damned if they dont. they have no shot on defense right now. 

Brady is getting the ball out in less than 2 seconds and finding open receivers.  We should be engaging their receivers right on the line, but you're right, without a pass rush Brady can just wait till one of them gets open deep. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There's no reason to expect Darnold to have a good game with the Oline's performance.  There's also no reason to expect him to have more turnovers than completions, which, up until this drive, he did.

Brady takes the snap and finds an open receiver in 2 less than secs, before the DL can get to him.  Where's our open receivers? 

Just now, phill1c said:

fine? sorry, I can't agree. To me, he's played no better than the 3rd stringer..

0 points against the Steel Curtain is still ZERO points.

Third stringer, or third grade?  That last interception was pathetic, but he IS better than this.

Just now, ausman said:

I’m not getting down on Darnold.  He’s getting a master class in defenses in what?  His 15th game as a pro starter?  He’s also got to deal with a bad O line giving him no help and a coach who can’t figure out how to attack Belichick’s D.

Let's judge him when he actually has at least a little time.  No excuse for last interception.

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

You beat this defense by running the football.  You have to smack them in the mouth.  To late for it now.

Agreed, but you need to have an OL that can run block to do that. 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Ben was doing it as a rookie

Brees is 6ft and makes that throw

Again I’m a Sam believer he’s gotta he better than this

Brees and Ben's OLs actually can block.  The Jets OL is a bunch of spare parts. 

47 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

These bad throws are NOT on the line or the receivers. They suck as well, but this is Sam. 

The announcers called out repeatedly he wasn't stepping into his throws.  Between having no pocket to step into and just being rattled, this is what you get.  He'll get better on his own and as the team improves.  Rough game, they happen.  

I remember we lost 43-3 to the Pats  one game, but knocked them out of the playoffs the next.

I do believe though the OL coach needs to go.

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Team seem beaten after the first touchdown.  The Pats won the psychological battle the moment they stepped on the field.  Sam got flustered really easy once his pocket was consistently broken down and he couldn't pick up the blitzes.  Gase is a f-ing zombie and should have gotten Sam grounded.  Somebody like Rhule would have had his foot up Darold's ass the moment "he saw ghosts."  The players are bad but I don't think they feel like Gase has any cofidence in them.  Some actually tried but this was a team coming off the biggest win of the week.  That completely died in a few minutes.  That's on Gase.  Scouts were sending texts to Jets media members.  Even basic stuff was being muffed by the coaching staff.  

Would love to know what the scouts saw.  The TV announcers were calling out quite a few things.  Mostly on the OL and Darnold.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company