Larz

****The official Jets/cheaters game thread****

You can't beat the Patriots and the refs. I saw the hold and the immediately checked to see if others caught it too. Sure enough, you guys were all over it. Non calls changes the game.

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I can't stand these F'ing announcers already. 

I'm trying to figure out a way to sync the radio call with the TV feed. These guys are awful!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ahhh so you were one of those people. 

No dude. YOU are one of those people. Don't project your bs on me. I'm here to enjoy the game and comment on individual plays. Your whiny pessimism doesn't add anything but annoyance to the thread. 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Can we fire Gase now????

Yeah. He isn't using his 'best player in the draft' skills to put pressure on Brady. Gase isn't doing the best job. but he isn't the problem.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Remember when you guys wanted Gregg Williams to be the head coach 

Yeah, Gregg Williams isn't getting to Brady from the side line. Maybe one of the Williams' can show off their best player in the draft skills. 

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Someone seems salty jets are getting whooped. It's just a game calm damn 

I'm actually pretty calm. You're the one who is crying from the labia. Just stop.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Not happening...

Why not? Leo was the 'best player' in the draft. Quinnen was the 'best player' in the draft. We should have eleventy sacks by now.

• Upvote 1

Can we all agree that this game is a microcosm of the ineptitude of Mike Maccagnan? Two things can be simultaneously true. One being the Gase is not a good HC, Two being that he wasn't given much to work with. He can call the play, but he can't block for Darnold. A bad head coach can go 8-8 with a somewhat decent roster. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

We obviously need to take the next best fat defensive line guy who doesn't work out nor get anywhere near the QB named Williams. 3rd time is the charm. 

I swear that next year is the year when we pick the right interior lineman with the 4th pick in the draft. If you keep on picking interior DL, you'll eventually hit. Screw OL, right?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This garbage franchise doesn't deserve Lev Bell

You're right. This isn't happening, but I wish we traded him to a competitive NFC team for a haul.  Pipe dream, I know. 

• Upvote 1

I can't for the life of me understand why we don't run sweeps, reverses, option passes, flea flickers, and anything that isn't a run up the gut? What's the worst that can happen? It doesn't work? Our vanilla offense...oh damn, another pick.

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

this game really illustrates how bad leo williams is and how bad that pick has been. 

This team gets absolutely 0 pressure with our defensive lineman.  the guys that have been even getting close, are basham and phllips, leo is getting absolutely stonewalled. so whats greg williams to do? he has to blitz.. and the problem with blitzing?

YOU HAVE TO GO MAN COVERAGE, and the problem with that you ask? our corners arent good enough to hold up in man coverage when the blitz literally gets 0 pressure.

So realistically, the jets are damned if they do and damned if they dont. they have no shot on defense right now. 

Ackshually, according to some website built by Geocities says that Leo's stats don't represent his value to the team.

Just now, TeddEY said:

There's no reason to expect Darnold to have a good game with the Oline's performance.  There's also no reason to expect him to have more turnovers than completions, which, up until this drive, he did.

It takes two to tango. Darnold is making a bad situation worse, but jeezus, this OL is putrid. 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still think he'll be fine.  There was pressure on that play and he's seeing ghosts tonight.  I think the game will slow down for him once he gets more experience.  Remember that he's still very young.

I'm not down on Darnold. Just on that play, and his interception, and fumble.

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Leo is actually playing well tonight 

He is playing his way to a better team is more like it. If he isn't traded after this game, this franchise reinforces how clueless they are. 

Just now, RobR said:

Besides some QB's you are absolutely right.

I can't think of a QB is a worse value than Johnson and that includes Cousins. Johnson is Kyle Wilson on a bad day. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company