Jump to content
Larz

****The official Jets/cheaters game thread****

Recommended Posts

Gase reminds me of Mark Helfrich.  As long as the talent flows and the scheme works, he's fine.  When it comes to building a culture and getting the guys to go for that inch.  He wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Gase reminds me of Mark Helfrich.  As long as the talent flows and the scheme works, he's fine.  When it comes to building a culture and getting the guys to go for that inch.  He wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Gase has a scheme and he can make zero adjustments to it. Zero. He needs players who perfectly fit his scheme and a defense that doesn't make adjustments. There's no benefit to having Gase. Anyone can design a scheme that will work under perfect conditions. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

The OC is Gase.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobR said:

The OC is Gase.

Yeah.  Been screaming Fire Gase! for the last half an hour of the game.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  Been screaming Fire Gase! for the last half an hour of the game.

I was trying to give him a half a season before I got vocal. It's 6 games in now and I still don't understand what he's doing with the personnel he has. Regardless of QB it makes no sense.

Pair that with a less than stellar career before he came here and I'm ready to move on. Problem is he's not going anywhere for at least another year. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Hey man, im just a young brazilian who picked up the game a couple years ago but this fking franchise makes me think that i know more about football that the guys that are being payed to do this.  Can someone explain to me how in the **** can you pick a DT top 3 in the draft if you already have a bust on the same position that didn't help your franchise win one game for the past 4 years, how about draft a ******* edge rusher for once, maybe a offensive lineman that you desperately need.  Jesus christ, i understand that the draft isn't a perfect science but **** me its not that difficult to build a team, we see time and time  again good franchises doing it. Im not against Jamal Adams or Quinnen Williams but man, you can't build a roster arround a fking safety or a defensive tackle, you pick those guys later on when you already have a foundation in place. The jets have 0 players at prime postions, no QB, no WR, no CB, no Edge rushers, yet we have a 17mil/yr linebacker and a 15mil/yr runningback without any suporting cast around them. As of coaching, how the fck you hire a guy on adam gase that since he left payton manning has done nothing in this league to prove that he even deserves to be employed.

 

The one thing I agree with in reference to this game was Gase but picking on this position or that in a game like this where the team did virtually  nothing right is not a realistic.  It certainly wasn't  Leo or Q why we lost. Sam had a horrible game. Hopefully he will bounce back. Until this team figures out how to protect him, or where he can beat these blitzes, it's  going to be tough sledding 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The one thing I agree with in reference to this game was Gase but picking on this position or that in a game like this where the team did virtually  nothing right is not a realistic.  It certainly wasn't  Leo or Q why we lost. Sam had a horrible game. Hopefully he will bounce back. Until this team figures out how to protect him, or where he can beat these blitzes, it's  going to be tough sledding 

You maybe dind't lost the game because of those players but you lost because you drafted them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RobR said:

The OC is Gase.

Remember when bowlers didnt get Spencer or whoever the center out of the game when he was getting Sam killed?

This game reminded me of it. I mean you see 0 cov all night and not one ******* play to take advantage. I get our wrs suck but damn can I get some basic Madden def scheme in? Screen to bell with a couple defenders...hot route outs for quick passes ...

Hell put in a damn te to help block.

Nothing, Sam had no chance ...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

You maybe dind't lost the game because of those players but you lost because your drafted them.

Yeah good point. Bad drafting really hurts us. But we should still be co petitive with good coaching. Hell maybe not competitive but at least score a damn td

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

You maybe dind't lost the game because of those players but you lost because your drafted them.

I don't  agree. You may not like the positions that were drafted and we certainly could have drafted better, bit if we are talking about this particular game, it was basically a QB that got progressively  worse  as the game went on, got no help from the coach, eventually  had to play with an O that just quit which is why he threw so many passes away at the end, couldn't  call the right protection and when he did, they still didn't  block it. 

There are so many more reason why thos game went the way it did than who we drafted.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

There must be a sacrifice!

I suggest Dowell Loggains.  He doesn't really do anything anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  agree. You may not like the positions that were drafted and we certainly could have drafted better, bit if we are talking about this particular game, it was basically a QB that got progressively  worse  as the game went on, got no help from the coach, eventually  had to play with an O that just quit which is why he threw so many passes away at the end, couldn't  call the right protection and when he did, they still didn't  block it. 

There are so many more reason why thos game went the way it did than who we drafted.  

You don't think if we had drafted wrs like F1 mclauren or anyone that can actually get open, or line man that can block or someone sacking Brady would have helped?

 

I'm sorry but the main reason we lost is our roster sucks and our head  coach calling the plays sucks.

Darnold has all the talent in the world. The saints have teddy bridge water undefeated. You have Panthers won there game with a rook.

It come down to gamep plan and having weapons. Darnold could be great but he has been screwed over.

 

He had no chance tonight because of gase

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt see the game live. I just woke up to this.

It's clear that Darnold's 5 turnovers which included a strip sack fumble recovered for a Pats TD later on, 4 interceptions in which 2 of the INT's was thrown in the redzone which took potential points off the board were not his fault. @Beerfish

Gase is a bad coach, our Oline sucks, we dont have quality receivers and Sam is being screwed over like every Jets QB before him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a hole their not climbing out of. There will be big moves this week, trade dead line is next Tuesday. I expect a lot to be leaving.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You don't think if we had drafted wrs like F1 mclauren or anyone that can actually get open, or line man that can block or someone sacking Brady would have helped?

 

I'm sorry but the main reason we lost is our roster sucks and our head  coach calling the plays sucks.

Darnold has all the talent in the world. The saints have teddy bridge water undefeated. You have Panthers won there game with a rook.

It come down to gamep plan and having weapons. Darnold could be great but he has been screwed over.

 

He had no chance tonight because of gase

Gase was a big part of it. I never had any proof of how bad a HC he is until I heard his sideline talk with Darnold. That was utter BS. My point was drafting who ever we drafted unless it was all blue chip OL would not have made a difference and I'm not even sure that would have. The Pat's were selling out on the blitz and we never accounted for it. We never changed or kept more players in. They constantly  sent one more man than we had blockers for and Darnold was calling the wrong protections. That was a big part but I believe Darnold will learn how to deal with this because he's  smart. That was the biggest problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point ...since we will have a top 3 pick ...draft a QB and then all OL... We can then trade said QB or Sam for more talent or picks in 2 years

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, what a ishtshow.  this is what happens when all 3 phases look like our offense did for most of the season.  We have a long way to go boys(and girls). I say trade what you can and draft oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Larz said:

Better man than me. Only here for the meltdown 

Rise of Skywalker trailer was better than the game LOL - not sure how they keep the emotional attachment with most of the original story and cast now dead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...