At the game... ALL Pat's fans.. season tickets holders

paulyjet

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think just about any Pat's game I have seen in Met Life was filled with Pat's fans but last night it started to sound like a Pat's hone game. 

Last night was bad on all levels - way too many arrogant Pats fans and the Jets gave them all the ammunition they needed. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

no the jets organization is who should be ashamed for collecting money from season ticket holders and from PSL owners and then year in and year out putting a garbage team on the field. Why should any season ticket holder be forced to watch such a bad team. Maybe just mabye(although I doubt it ) ownership will one day say hmmm why dont our fans want to attend the games and how can we improve upon our  business relationship with our fans. Imagine  you go  to a hotel and it is an awful experience or a fancy restaurant where you get sick. Who in their right mind would keep going back over and over again to the same terrible place and expect different results. Jet fans are actually one of the best most loyal fan bases in the NFL- We have endured decades of bad football while watching others win -at this point fans should be paid to go see this attrocity

I'm a season ticket holder since they came to the Meadowlands and a PSL holder since Metlife. I never thought I'd say this , but I think its time for the Jets to implement a rule, that you simply can't resell your tickets. Allowing resale gives too many "fans" an easy excuse to dump their tickets . Because they are disillusioned with the team or care more about making a profit - the rest of the paying fans have to deal with 30K plus drunken Chowder Heads .

Just wait until the Giants home game in three weeks - a definite sea of Blue for sure. 

Using your example of the hotel, yes you had a bad experience but then you didn't resell your room to an ax murderer so the rest of the hotel guests had a terrible experience. That's the problem today everyone only cares about themselves , who cares how your actions impact others. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

as a two-time former season ticket holder, i can only give props to STH who still pay money for this product. 

Days like today (an all too common occurrence) only validate my decision to walk away TWICE, but far be it for me (or anyone else not a STH or PSL owner) to criticize the last men standing still holding this bag of crap.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm a season ticket holder since they came to the Meadowlands and a PSL holder since Metlife. I never thought I'd say this , but I think its time for the Jets to implement a rule, that you simply can't resell your tickets. Allowing resale gives too many "fans" an easy excuse to dump their tickets . Because they are disillusioned with the team or care more about making a profit - the rest of the paying fans have to deal with 30K plus drunken Chowder Heads .

Just wait until the Giants home game in three weeks - a definite sea of Blue for sure. 

Using your example of the hotel, yes you had a bad experience but then you didn't resell your room to an ax murderer so the rest of the hotel guests had a terrible experience. That's the problem today everyone only cares about themselves , who cares how your actions impact others. 

The NY Jets organization dumps all of their unsold tickets through liquidators on the secondary market.  You'd be only penalizing your fellow STHs from doing what the team has no intention of stopping.

They built a stadium that has too many (bad) seats for a team that is always terrible.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I have been going since shea-season tickets in family since before I was born-I have some of the better psls in the house. The Jets can go F themselves if they ever implement any rule that tells a person what they can and cant do with their tickets that they paid for. If the Jets want they can buy back the PSL gold they sold fans if they want to control who sits in the seats.  I can assure you if the jets put a good team on the field fans will be there in full force.  It is amazing that you would be mad at the fans instead of placing blame on the organization where it belongs. I would argue anybody that bought psls or fans that bough season tickets the majority did so with the hope of going to see the team they love in person-when the team is unwatchable some decide to cut and run and recoup some of their money on games that have value to others.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You are living in the past.  No, this shouldn't happen.  It was wrong then and it would be wrong now.  Free Market, you know.   Put an appealing product out there, fans will come.  Don't, and opposing fans will come.  Forcing it on fans by artificial regulations gives ownership a free pass on all that.  At least now, ownership still has their ticket money, but they have to see all the opposing colors out there because they constantly give their fans a horrible product.  You'd think that would give the Johnsons an incentive to make the team better. But no. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So is the team.

Maybe, just MAYBE if people stay away, the Johnson's will get the picture that they need to put a winning product on the field, or they will lose money.

how would they lose money?  The tickets are already sold and nearly sold out in most sections.  Tickets moving from a Jets fan to a visitor fan doesn't alter the $$$$ for the Johnsons

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The NY Jets organization dumps all of their unsold tickets through liquidators on the secondary market.  You'd be only penalizing your fellow STHs from doing what the team has no intention of stopping.

They built a stadium that has too many (bad) seats for a team that is always terrible.  

I agree they are complicit in all this as well but  I think they see the the writing on the wall though. They've seen too many loyal STH bail over the past couple years.  They won't have many years like this where virtually all of the home games are a great draw of opposing fans.  When we're playing the likes of the Falcons/Chargers/Lions they won't be able to sell mass amounts of tickets for any value. 

We tell them every chance we get about their special groups which ends up being 90% opposition fans.  I'd like to think we the loyal fan base are having an impact - many of us complained about all the in-game nonsense - dumpster toss, kiss cam, etc...... and they've definitely scaled it back over the past few games. 

Just now, paulyjet said:

Its disgusting.

"Wait till they are better then I'll go"

B.S.

I know a bunch of season ticket holders who dont go to a single game.

They sell their tickets for the season for a profit.

It's all about the benjamins.

Freud Fans 

SMH.

first of all, very few seats in this stadium ever sell at a profit.  It's a handful of select sections in the lowers.  I call B.S. on that one.  I go to as many games as I can.  Weeknights are mostly out.  Where are the Jets fans to buy my tickets to those?  I've posted them here for years and always below face, in fact usually well below face.  Face it, this fan base largely consists of cheap bastards who just want to complain and not do anything.  Bunch of hypocrites.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

no the jets organization is who should be ashamed for collecting money from season ticket holders and from PSL owners and then year in and year out putting a garbage team on the field. Why should any season ticket holder be forced to watch such a bad team. Maybe just mabye(although I doubt it ) ownership will one day say hmmm why dont our fans want to attend the games and how can we improve upon our  business relationship with our fans. Imagine  you go  to a hotel and it is an awful experience or a fancy restaurant where you get sick. Who in their right mind would keep going back over and over again to the same terrible place and expect different results. Jet fans are actually one of the best most loyal fan bases in the NFL- We have endured decades of bad football while watching others win -at this point fans should be paid to go see this attrocity

LOL. You have to be kidding. You keep going back for more then blame the Jets? YOU bought the tickets. YOU know the history of this team and the ineptness that surrounds it. It's not just the current Ownership or Regime. This has been repeated as you describe yet you keep going back. You think they owe you something? As long as people are DUMB enough to buy Season Tix and those awful PSL's why would ownership be motivated to improve? They still get paid and collect revenue even if you don't go to the games or sell your tix. I learned this lesson a long time ago. I was a second generation Season Ticket Holder and gave up my tix when they announced the PSL bullsh*t. I could well afford it but didn't want to throw good money after bad. No, the only way Ownership will learn is to boycott buying into the bullsh*t and hit them where it hurts....in the pocket.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree they are complicit in all this as well but  I think they see the the writing on the wall though. They've seen too many loyal STH bail over the past couple years.  They won't have many years like this where virtually all of the home games are a great draw of opposing fans.  When we're playing the likes of the Falcons/Chargers/Lions they won't be able to sell mass amounts of tickets for any value. 

We tell them every chance we get about their special groups which ends up being 90% opposition fans.  I'd like to think we the loyal fan base are having an impact - many of us complained about all the in-game nonsense - dumpster toss, kiss cam, etc...... and they've definitely scaled it back over the past few games. 

or  instead of trying some sort of artificial, forced attendance like they used to, they might consider doing a better job building a team and coaching staff. 

Anyway, what you are lobbying for can not happen to PSL seats.  It's in the contract that buyers can resell any game they want and resell the PSL if they want to. No restrictions.  Can't change that now without breaching the contract.  Moot point, thank God. What you propose sucked in the past and it would suck now and also make the Jets liable for a lot of PSL refunds.  Ain't happening.

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have been going since shea-season tickets in family since before I was born-I have some of the better psls in the house. The Jets can go F themselves if they ever implement any rule that tells a person what they can and cant do with their tickets that they paid for. If the Jets want they can buy back the PSL gold they sold fans if they want to control who sits in the seats.  I can assure you if the jets put a good team on the field fans will be there in full force.  It is amazing that you would be mad at the fans instead of placing blame on the organization where it belongs. I would argue anybody that bought psls or fans that bough season tickets the majority did so with the hope of going to see the team they love in person-when the team is unwatchable some decide to cut and run and recoup some of their money on games that have value to others.

I disagree , if the team were good the ticket demand goes up which drives up profit margins for the "casual fan" . Resale for profit killed the home field advantage and it won't come back unless something drastic is done.  I'm mad at the Jets for the PSL nonsense but it was the new trend in the NFL and sports. 

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Did the "Brady! Brady! Brady!" chant come through on TV towards the end?

There weren't even enough Jets fans left to drown it out,  I thought that it was a new franchise low. 

This was in some ways the worst that I have felt as a Jets fan since Kotite roamed the sidelines..

Utterly embarrassing....................

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1