At the game... ALL Pat's fans.. season tickets holders

paulyjet

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the bottom line is win and they will come lose and they wont-the reason pats fans travel is to see a winning team not because they like met life

NEWS FLASH:

Those aren't Patriots fans from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, or Connecticut.  They're from Westchester, New Jersey, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island.  They're your friends and your co-workers who quit on the Jets or Giants back in the early 00's and jumped on the Patriots bandwagon.  Same for Cowboys fans, same for Steelers fans. 

They're New Yorkers.  But they make the effort to show up and support their team. 

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the bottom line is win and they will come lose and they wont-the reason pats fans travel is to see a winning team not because they like met life

I agree with that , when Brady and Beli retire those jerseys go in mothballs and the Pats fans all become Sox , Celts of Bruins fans all the while claiming they  won 6 SB rings 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

NEWS FLASH:

Those aren't Patriots fans from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, or Connecticut.  They're from Westchester, New Jersey, Manhattan, and Long Island.  They're your friends and your co-workers who quit on the Jets or Giants back in the early 00's and jumped on the Patriots bandwagon.  Same for Cowboys fans, same for Steelers fans.  They're New Yorkers.  Just like us.

SAR I

not like me for sure lol

actually many do travel for the games they can make a weekend out of it and it costs less for them to sit in good seats in new england. I know folks that do this through work

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree with that , when Brady and Beli retire those jerseys go in mothballs and the Pats fans all become Sox , Celts of Bruins fans all the while claiming they  won 6 SB rings 

The population of Boston is 685,000 people.  The population of New York City is 8.63 million.  If I told you there were enough Patriots fans in New York City to fill Gillette Stadium, would you believe me?  Because its in all likelihood true.

The scale of New York City, and the amount of people in the NYC Metro area (20 million) often goes unrecognized.  Our tiny little geographic area is large enough from a population standpoint to be our own country.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

not like me for sure lol

actually many do travel for the games they can make a weekend out of it and it costs less for them to sit in good seats in new england. I know folks that do this through work

I corrected that, LOL, sorry.

New England is close enough to drive so indeed many are native to that region, but when you see Vikings fans, 49ers fans, Broncos fans, Dolphins fans, and Cowboys fans in MetLife, they're our neighbors.  So what's sickening is that those New Yorkers wearing enemy colors make the effort to support their team but the much larger amount of New Yorkers wearing our colors is lazy as sh:t.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. You have to be kidding. You keep going back for more then blame the Jets? YOU bought the tickets. YOU know the history of this team and the ineptness that surrounds it. It's not just the current Ownership or Regime. This has been repeated as you describe yet you keep going back. You think they owe you something? As long as people are DUMB enough to buy Season Tix and those awful PSL's why would ownership be motivated to improve? They still get paid and collect revenue even if you don't go to the games or sell your tix. I learned this lesson a long time ago. I was a second generation Season Ticket Holder and gave up my tix when they announced the PSL bullsh*t. I could well afford it but didn't want to throw good money after bad. No, the only way Ownership will learn is to boycott buying into the bullsh*t and hit them where it hurts....in the pocket.

This was going to be my exact post, almost word for word. I gave up 4 seats the year before they instituted the PSL's. I've never regretted my decision.

The "house down payment" it would've cost for PSL's, parking passes, preseason games, add in the nightmare commute from Eastern Long Island, and the lousy on field product, it was a no brainer. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This was going to be my exact post, almost word for word. I gave up 4 seats the year before they instituted the PSL's. I've never regretted my decision.

The "house down payment" it would've cost for PSL's, parking passes, preseason games, add in the nightmare commute from Eastern Long Island, and the lousy on field product, it was a no brainer. 

That's fine, that's your prerogative, but don't say a fu:king word about the behavior of the loyal fans who have stuck by this team in the 10 years since you quit.  If you've got something to say about fan support, keep your comments confined to the level by which you support the team-  a TV fan.  Complain about the graphics maybe, complain about the commentators.  Don't comment on the fans in the seats.  Thanks.

SAR I

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I know my work and personal travel schedule for the balance of the year and there are 2 games I cannot attend.  I look forward to receiving your personal payment for $1,070 so that you can buy my seats and make sure they get in the hands of worthy Jets fans.

I take PayPal or Venmo, whatever is more convenient for you.

SAR I

I already go to every game and most games eat a second ticket if I can't give it to a Jet fan or family. If you can sleep at night knowing a Pats fan is sitting in your seats more power to you . 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I learned this lesson a long time ago. I was a second generation Season Ticket Holder and gave up my tix when they announced the PSL bullsh*t. I could well afford it but didn't want to throw good money after bad. No, the only way Ownership will learn is to boycott buying into the bullsh*t and hit them where it hurts....in the pocket.

You mean when the Jets decided to charge fair market value for the best seats in the house and ended your profit center?

A guy I knew at Giants Stadium, his dad and his uncle had a block of 12 tickets, right on the 40 yard line, about 15 rows up, they gave them to him once they hit old age.  He used to brag that the Jets and his ticket broker put two of his kids through school and when that was done got him a luxury car in the 20 years he had them.  The moment the Jets announced the PSL's he was out, he didn't attend any games anyway and the gravy train was over.

That's the type of fan we're talking about here.  Not the existing MetLife season ticket holder.  The turncoat profiteering cheapskate phony Jets fan who just loved Giants Stadium because it was a side business and the moment the spigot got turned off abandoned the team and then had the balls to whine about it.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

NEWS FLASH:

Those aren't Patriots fans from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, or Connecticut.  They're from Westchester, New Jersey, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island.  They're your friends and your co-workers who quit on the Jets or Giants back in the early 00's and jumped on the Patriots bandwagon.  Same for Cowboys fans, same for Steelers fans. 

They're New Yorkers.  But they make the effort to show up and support their team. 

SAR I

While of course some are native nyc metro area bandwagoners a good amount are transplanted Massholes, because NYC is a city of transplants. Don't know why no one gets this. 

This is why when you have a crappy team in nyc, other fans show up. This isn't Pittsburgh or Kansas City nothing city's of 500K made up of people who solely are from there.

This is one of the worlds most important city's consisting of people from literally everywhere.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I already go to every game and most games eat a second ticket if I can't give it to a Jet fan or family. If you can sleep at night knowing a Pats fan is sitting in your seats more power to you . 

I don't know who is sitting in my seats for the few games I can't attend each year.  They go up on Stubhub.  Stubhub doesn't disclose who bought them.  For all I know every seat I've ever had to sell wound up in the hands of a Jets fan.  Nor not.  That's not on me.  That's on the other 10 million Jets fans in the NYC Metro area who can afford a half-priced ticket to a Jets game and chooses not to go, spews garbage about the evils of PSL's, blames season ticket holders for what they see on their 15 year old plasma TV in the basement.

SAR I

58 minutes ago, kmnj said:

good luck there lol people love to tell others what they should do with their own tickets or own money. I will happily hand over my psls to any fan that wants to pay what I paid for them-they can control every single game and who sits in my seats for eternity

There you have it TV-land.  Here's your chance to put your money where your big mouth is.  Take km's seats off his hands and you can be certain that no enemy fan will ever sit in them again.  I guarantee it.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I don't know who is sitting in my seats for the few games I can't attend each year.  They go up on Stubhub.  Stubhub doesn't disclose who bought them.  For all I know every seat I've ever had to sell wound up in the hands of a Jets fan.  Nor not.  That's not on me.  That's on the other 10 million Jets fans in the NYC Metro area who can afford a half-priced ticket to a Jets game and chooses not to go, spews garbage about the evils of PSL's, blames season ticket holders for what they see on their 15 year old plasma TV in the basement.

SAR I

No its not - that's 1000% on you.  if the Jets started fining or punishing STH's for fans behavior that bought your seats like in the old days , I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose your investment gold. You just happen to be hiding behind the Stubhub/TicketMaster loophole that protects the seller. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, SAR I said:

There you have it TV-land.  Here's your chance to put your money where your big mouth is.  Take km's seats off his hands and you can be certain that no enemy fan will ever sit in them again.  I guarantee it.

SAR I

@SAR I  How many seats are sold in the new stadium PSL and non-PSL UD. 

Im quite sure you have the statistics please provide this board with the real statistics of seats sold. 

It's going to take a lot of us to buy all the seats available i'm going to say. 

Want more diehard NY Jets fans back in the stadium do away with the PSL's and refund those who have already paid the fee. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

No its not - that's 1000% on you.  if the Jets started fining or punishing STH's for fans behavior that bought your seats like in the old days , I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose your investment gold. You just happen to be hiding behind the Stubhub/TicketMaster loophole that protects the seller. 

EXACTLY the PSL owners have no recourse like we did back in the day. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

NEWS FLASH:

SAR I

I call them frontrunners.

Its oldschool I know.

??

18 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

While of course some are native nyc metro area bandwagoners a good amount are transplanted Massholes, because NYC is a city of transplants. Don't know why no one gets this. 

This is why when you have a crappy team in nyc, other fans show up. This isn't Pittsburgh or Kansas City nothing city's of 500K made up of people who solely are from there.

This is one of the worlds most important city's consisting of people from literally everywhere.

The Jets and Giants built their stadium 5,000 seats bigger than it needed to be for that very reason.  They know their lazy, entitled, cheapskate fanbases all too well.

When the teams suck, those extra seats are for opposing fans who pay.  When the teams are good, those extra seats are for home fans who are ready to front-run on the bandwagon again.

If today's whining Jets fans in this thread really want things to go back to the Giants Stadium days where season tickets took 15 years to get and the only way to get a few seats to a game was to walk the parking lots looking for a scalper, that can be arranged.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

10,000,000 people = the number of Jets fans in the NYC Metro Area.

3,200,000 people = the population of Minneapolis St. Paul.

There are more Jets fans than there are people in the Vikings home city, yet last year there were a large amount of Vikings fans in MetLife Stadium.  Because non-season ticket holders are cheap and lazy.  Season ticket holders spend a ton of money for decades and show up for a ton of games for decades.  Eat your pretzels and be quiet.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I There was in fact a waiting list and i'm quite sure that waiting list was all NY Jets fans. 

I was on that list, 18,000 people were on it with me, I was on it from 1988 to 2002.

The fans who got the very best seats in MetLife Stadium were the waitlisters from Giants Stadium.  After all those years it was finally our turn to decide what games we wanted to attend.  Forced those cheap Giants Stadium profiteers out.  Justice.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  How many seats are sold in the new stadium PSL and non-PSL UD. 

Im quite sure you have the statistics please provide this board with the real statistics of seats sold. 

It's going to take a lot of us to buy all the seats available i'm going to say. 

Want more diehard NY Jets fans back in the stadium do away with the PSL's and refund those who have already paid the fee. 

obviously the last point isn't happening.

there are plenty of tickets available the week leading up to the game.  no need to get PSL or anything like that.  last year there were tickets for $10 in the upper deck.  almost everyone can afford that.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I was on that list, 18,000 people were on it with me, I was on it from 1988 to 2002.

The fans who got the very best seats in MetLife Stadium were the waitlisters from Giants Stadium.  After all those years it was finally our turn to decide what games we wanted to attend.  Forced those cheap Giants Stadium profiteers out.  Justice.

SAR I

Some not all were profiteers a lot less then than there is now. 

There was no internet only way you sold was to a ticket broker or a scalper. 

There were rules and if you sold to someone who violated any of the rules inside the stadium you  lost your seats. 

Thats not happening today, maybe that should happen and people might think twice about selling to whoever will buy the tickets and pay the price. 

joewilly12 

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

obviously the last point isn't happening.

there are plenty of tickets available the week leading up to the game.  no need to get PSL or anything like that.  last year there were tickets for $10 in the upper deck.  almost everyone can afford that.  

I wouldn't sit in the UD if you paid me. 

Just now, batman10023 said:

i hope you feel better and recover well.  

when was the last time you were able to catch a game live at metlife?

Thanks 

Last season Vikings game I also struggled but attended the NFL draft party at MetLife. 

My son wants me to go this season, park in green lot and get me a cart I don't want that because its the walking inside to the seats and up and down the stairs that i'm not ready to do. 

Back surgery lingering sciatic nerve issues been hurting for way too long. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Thanks 

Last season Vikings game I also struggled but attended the NFL draft party at MetLife. 

My son wants me to go this season, park in green lot and get me a cart I don't want that because its the walking inside to the seats and up and down the stairs that i'm not ready to do. 

Back surgery lingering sciatic nerve issues been hurting for way too long. 

hopefully you get better.  perhaps the Jets can find you a seat that would have limited walking up and down the stairs.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

10,000,000 people = the number of Jets fans in the NYC Metro Area.

3,200,000 people = the population of Minneapolis St. Paul.

There are more Jets fans than there are people in the Vikings home city, yet last year there were a large amount of Vikings fans in MetLife Stadium.  Because non-season ticket holders are cheap and lazy.  Season ticket holders spend a ton of money for decades and show up for a ton of games for decades.  Eat your pretzels and be quiet.

SAR I

So again , if you could risk losing your season tickets based on who you sold to - would you play russian roulette with your statistical facts. 

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

hopefully you get better.  perhaps the Jets can find you a seat that would have limited walking up and down the stairs.

My neighbors company has 8 tickets and they are LL I can get for free when they are available. 

I will see how I feel within the next few months I like to go in the cold.