At the game... ALL Pat's fans.. season tickets holders

paulyjet

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Some not all were profiteers a lot less then than there is now. 

There was no internet only way you sold was to a ticket broker or a scalper. 

There were rules and if you sold to someone who violated any of the rules inside the stadium you  lost your seats. 

Thats not happening today, maybe that should happen and people might think twice about selling to whoever will buy the tickets and pay the price. 

joewilly12 

It is not the responsibility of the season ticket holders who release 8,000 seats per week for personal reasons to make sure they get into the right hands.

It is the responsibility of the 10 million Jets fans in the NYC Metro area without season subscriptions to buy them when they are made available.  Otherwise, they let enemy fans in our building and should keep quiet about their lack of dedication. 

70,000 season ticket holders show up every Sunday.  It's the 8,000 seats for sale on the cheap on Stubhub that are the problem.  Buy them.  Stop complaining.  Just buy them.  That's fewer seats available than the average high school game in New Jersey.  Buy them.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You mean when the Jets decided to charge fair market value for the best seats in the house and ended your profit center?

A guy I knew at Giants Stadium, his dad and his uncle had a block of 12 tickets, right on the 40 yard line, about 15 rows up, they gave them to him once they hit old age.  He used to brag that the Jets and his ticket broker put two of his kids through school and when that was done got him a luxury car in the 20 years he had them.  The moment the Jets announced the PSL's he was out, he didn't attend any games anyway and the gravy train was over.

That's the type of fan we're talking about here.  Not the existing MetLife season ticket holder.  The turncoat profiteering cheapskate phony Jets fan who just loved Giants Stadium because it was a side business and the moment the spigot got turned off abandoned the team and then had the balls to whine about it.

SAR I

You know something? You talk about being a "real fan" but you're not a fan at all. To you, having Jets Season Tickets is a status symbol. That is the plain truth about you. From the car you drive, to the house you live in, to the very clothes on your back its all about status. Other wise you wouldn't bring up this bullsh*t about "real fans". I don't know if it's from the blatant insecurities that you have when anyone calls you out or your arrogant responses to the same. You immediately throw your supposed wealth at someone when challenged and that opens up so many Freudian slips I cannot even document them here as it would take hours to list them. I can even predict your answer to this post. It will be a one line answer along the lines of how jealous I am of you, or some other ego boasting crap. Dude I actually feel sorry for because you are a sad hollow shell of a human being.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

okay, there were club seats available for 200 bucks each.

Very nice Mezzanine corners sold to half the games last season for $39.  Lower level's too.

Price is no excuse for the 10 million Jets fans in the NYC Metro area who aren't season ticket holders.  It's merely a matter of effort.  If you and I go to 8 games a year, they can go to 1 or 2.  Solves their problem quite easily.

SAR I

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This was going to be my exact post, almost word for word. I gave up 4 seats the year before they instituted the PSL's. I've never regretted my decision.

The "house down payment" it would've cost for PSL's, parking passes, preseason games, add in the nightmare commute from Eastern Long Island, and the lousy on field product, it was a no brainer. 

We actually agree on something? Now that's a scary thing.

i see what you did there christopher lloyd GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I could have gone for free I chose not to, I am recovering from back surgery cant do the walking required right now. 

And that's a fair and legitimate reason.  Same for me and travel for work or my son's parents weekend at college.  Life happens.

That said, just don't complain about what you see on TV.  Because the problem of enemy fans is caused by a lack of home fans, home fans without season subscriptions.  And they aren't being asked to spend $1,250 for a season ticket.  Just $39 for a gameday ticket.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

So again , if you could risk losing your season tickets based on who you sold to - would you play russian roulette with your statistical facts. 

If the Jets would never institute such a policy, nor is it legal, because if I couldn't sell tickets to games I could not attend I would no longer be buying season tickets.  My seats plus parking are $535 per game and I'm not going to eat that just because some randoms think I'm supposed to.

And that oh-so wonderful "aftermarket tickets are $39 and I can just wait and buy those instead of committing to a PSL" all come from season ticket holders, so if that ever happened you'd all be paying the Jets $125, not good for anyone. 

The resolution is very simple.  For the 8,000 seats that go on sale on Stubhub each week, just convince Jets fans to buy them.  There are 10 million of them within an hour of the stadium.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

how would they lose money?  The tickets are already sold and nearly sold out in most sections.  Tickets moving from a Jets fan to a visitor fan doesn't alter the $$$$ for the Johnsons

yes it does, they get a cut of the fee from Ticketmaster and the third party sellers so the more the tickets turn over, the more money they make

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

yes it does, they get a cut of the fee from Ticketmaster and the third party sellers so the more the tickets turn over, the more money they make

...and the reason the Jets need to make money from ticket fees and swimming pool companies is because cheap Jets fans without season tickets don't buy them. 

The reason there are enemy fans in MetLife Stadium is because of lazy Jets fans who complain about quiet Jets fans from the comfort of their Bob's Discount Furniture Sectional with free loveseat.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is not the responsibility of the season ticket holders who release 8,000 seats per week for personal reasons to make sure they get into the right hands.

It is the responsibility of the 10 million Jets fans in the NYC Metro area without season subscriptions to buy them when they are made available.  Otherwise, they let enemy fans in our building and should keep quiet about their lack of dedication. 

70,000 season ticket holders show up every Sunday.  It's the 8,000 seats for sale on the cheap on Stubhub that are the problem.  Buy them.  Stop complaining.  Just buy them.  That's fewer seats available than the average high school game in New Jersey.  Buy them.

SAR I

Current PSL and season tickets holders should be held accountable like the way it was pre-PSL maybe this would cut down on the sales of tickets to opposing teams fans. 

Im going to email my suggestion the to NY Jets. 

joewilly12 

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You know something? You talk about being a "real fan" but you're not a fan at all. To you, having Jets Season Tickets is a status symbol. That is the plain truth about you. From the car you drive, to the house you live in, to the very clothes on your back its all about status. Other wise you wouldn't bring up this bullsh*t about "real fans". I don't know if it's from the blatant insecurities that you have when anyone calls you out or your arrogant responses to the same. You immediately throw your supposed wealth at someone when challenged and that opens up so many Freudian slips I cannot even document them here as it would take hours to list them. I can even predict your answer to this post. It will be a one line answer along the lines of how jealous I am of you, or some other ego boasting crap. Dude I actually feel sorry for because you are a sad hollow shell of a human being.

Your jealousy is duly noted.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Current PSL and season tickets holders should be held accountable like the way it was pre-PSL maybe this would cut down on the sales of tickets to opposing teams fans. 

joewilly12 

What do you mean by "accountable"?  Accountable because we share geography with the cheapest fanbase on the planet?

And pre-PSL in Giants Stadium?  No one was accountable when all the tickets making it into the hands of brokers on the backs of the waitlisters were coming from the lucky sperm club and their granddad's seats, many of them selling 5 games for 5x face value, attending the other 3 games for free, and using the money to put their kids through college.

The people ripped off in this whole sad 30 year situation are people like me.  Fan starting in the late 70's.  Graduated college and ready to get season tickets in the late 80's.  Put on a waiting list for 15 years.  Forced to buy tickets from shady scalpers in the parking lot or inflated brokers.  Eventually buying PSL seats during a decade when the team is awful and barely able to recoup 50 cents on the dollar for a handful of games we can't attend.

And you are the one that's angry?  LOL.  Get on line, bub.  Noise in the stadium isn't a problem.  Cheap fans, are.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Samsung the latest technology just bought a 65" for indoors and a 55" for outside. 

Did you calibrate them using settings recommended by other users?  You don't want to use the stock settings like "Sports", "Standard", "Dynamic", etc.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What do you mean by "accountable"?  Accountable because we share geography with the cheapest fanbase on the planet?

And pre-PSL in Giants Stadium?  No one was accountable when all the tickets making it into the hands of brokers on the backs of the waitlisters were coming from the lucky sperm club and their granddad's seats, many of them selling 5 games for 5x face value, attending the other 3 games for free, and using the money to put their kids through college.

The people ripped off in this whole sad 30 year situation are people like me.  Fan starting in the late 70's.  Graduated college and ready to get season tickets in the late 80's.  Put on a waiting list for 15 years.  Forced to buy tickets from shady scalpers in the parking lot or inflated brokers.  Eventually buying PSL seats during a decade when the team is awful and barely able to recoup 50 cents on the dollar for a handful of games we can't attend.

And you are the one that's angry?  LOL.  Get on line, bub.  Noise in the stadium isn't a problem.  Cheap fans, are.

SAR I

@SAR I  Heres the thing and by no means am I arguing with you or saying you are wrong for your opinions but at least generation to generation the fans in the seats were NY Jets fans. They wore Jets gear unlike now where some sections look like a corporate gathering or an opposing teams home game. 

Pre PSL you were held accountable for your season tickets and took a chance selling them to strangers unlike now. 

Im not angry buddy I can buy back in anytime I want and will abide by the rules if they were to re-institute the same rules I abided by when I was a season ticket holder. 

Hold ticket owners accountable for any infractions and start penalizing PSL and ticket owners for those in the seats who cause problems as per the rules. 

Angry no way in hell, I am angry for the fans like you who paid all that money for this teams piss poor performance on the field. 

Angry to see all those NE fans in our stadium like they own it. 

joewilly12 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

...and the reason the Jets need to make money from ticket fees and swimming pool companies is because cheap Jets fans without season tickets don't buy them. 

The reason there are enemy fans in MetLife Stadium is because of lazy Jets fans who complain about quiet Jets fans from the comfort of their Bob's Discount Furniture Sectional with free loveseat.

SAR I

In all fairness, the reason that the Jets need to make money is that they are a business, not a hobby or a charitable organization. To expect otherwise is unreasonable. As a consumer, you choose whether or not you want to use your disposable income on their products or not. When not enough consumers do, they will go out of business and the chance of that is virtually zero (for now).

Win or be involved in the race for the division title, there will certainly be a larger percentage of Jets fans in the park, but this is NYC (or close to it) and the allure of the center of the known world (for now) will always attract visiting fans in addition to the many many transplants from those towns. 

Just win and it is not a noticeable issue. 

Also in all fairness, Bob's gives out free ice cream and treats which I keep pointing out to the Mrs while she is dragging me to Ethan Allen. 

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

God rest my fathers soul he told me never buy cheap furniture thats why I stick to LazyBoy indoors and Telescope Casual for outdoors a little pricey but the best quality. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

NEWS FLASH:

Those aren't Patriots fans from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, or Connecticut.  They're from Westchester, New Jersey, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island.  They're your friends and your co-workers who quit on the Jets or Giants back in the early 00's and jumped on the Patriots bandwagon.  Same for Cowboys fans, same for Steelers fans. 

They're New Yorkers.  But they make the effort to show up and support their team. 

SAR I

It's actually cheaper for us to fly to cities that have bad teams, get a hotel room, and get good seats to the game than it is to get a good seat at Gillette. We do the same with the Sox too. For those of us who live in Maine, NH, and VT, it actually takes less time to fly to Florida than to drive to Gillette. Portland to DC is about a 90 minute flight.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

What?   You mean for unsold seats, right?  How and why would they get a cut from my sale on the secondary market thru stub hub?

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  Heres the thing and by no means am I arguing with you or saying you are wrong for your opinions but at least generation to generation the fans in the seats were NY Jets fans. They wore Jets gear unlike now where some sections look like a corporate gathering or an opposing teams home game. 

Pre PSL you were held accountable for your season tickets and took a chance selling them to strangers unlike now. 

Im not angry buddy I can buy back in anytime I want and will abide by the rules if they were to re-institute the same rules I abided by when I was a season ticket holder. 

Hold ticket owners accountable for any infractions and start penalizing PSL and ticket owners for those in the seats who cause problems as per the rules. 

Angry no way in hell, I am angry for the fans like you who paid all that money for this teams piss poor performance on the field. 

Angry to see all those NE fans in our stadium like they own it. 

joewilly12 

Same thing here, not arguing at all, just having a conversation :) no combat.

The "pre-PSL" era you refer to was actually "pre-iPhone pre-Stubub" era and there's no going back.  Not just the Jets, all 32 NFL teams now have as many opposing fans in their building as money and vacation time will allow.  Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing because I'm one of those fans that likes to hit a road Jets game when I can and I like the fact that I'm a few clicks from Jets/Redskins in a few weeks or Jets/Ravens if we're still in it.

This new era of opposing fans and Stuhub works to the Jets advantage when we're playoff-ready in a few years anyway.  When that happens, MetLife seats will be gobbled up by Jets fans (like they were in '10 and '11) and road games will also be gobbled up by Jets fans (like they were in '09 and '10).  And since there are more Jets fans in the NFL than 26 other teams it will be us who dominate and us who are being called out like we do to fans in our building today. 

I was able to get tickets to go to the 2009 AFC Championship Game in Indianapolis on Stubhub within 5 minutes of our victory in San Diego.  That was unheard of in 1998, you'd have to call a broker in Denver, purchase some 'travel package' where tickets were bundled with a hotel and flights and cars and cost a fortune.  What I'm saying is that in a period when the Jets are not good, doesn't matter that we're infiltrated by enemy fans; when we are dominating and a consistent playoff threat, we'll have a lot more fans at home and away.  That's how it works.  When we need a louder/greener stadium, we shall have it.  If we opened this year 4-2 it would be that way right now.  Apparently, being a strong contender for a playoff seed in October is the magic that gets Jets fans to open their wallets and buy out teams' fans like the Cowboys or Patriots so that they never get a seat.

SAR I

Where are those settings?  Thanks 

I don't know your specific model number, you'll have to search YouTube for that, but here is an example of how to change the color/brightness/contrast/motion etc. etc. settings on a Samsung TV.  Many people have many opinions, a Google search will likely lead you to the HDTV forums and a thread for your specific TV in which there will be a group consensus on the best set of settings.  Then use those.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

In all fairness, the reason that the Jets need to make money is that they are a business, not a hobby or a charitable organization. To expect otherwise is unreasonable. As a consumer, you choose whether or not you want to use your disposable income on their products or not. When not enough consumers do, they will go out of business and the chance of that is virtually zero (for now).

Win or be involved in the race for the division title, there will certainly be a larger percentage of Jets fans in the park, but this is NYC (or close to it) and the allure of the center of the known world (for now) will always attract visiting fans in addition to the many many transplants from those towns. 

Just win and it is not a noticeable issue. 

Also in all fairness, Bob's gives out free ice cream and treats which I keep pointing out to the Mrs while she is dragging me to Ethan Allen. 

Good post, and always remember-  though it might not look that way on TV, there are more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there are Seahawks fans in CenturyLink Field or Patriots fans in Gillette Stadium. 

Seattle holds 69,000 fans.  Foxboro holds 66.000.   East Rutherford holds 82,500.  Do some quick math, take into account opposing fans in their small stadiums, there are more Jets fans in our building than there are Seahawk or Patriot fans in theirs.  It's the benefit of being in New York City.  We built a substantially larger facility because our population dwarfs theirs.  The percentage of fans in the seats doesn't matter. The quantity does.

SAR I

joewilly12 

LOL.  Good luck with that. 

PSL: Full rights to sell or transfer the tickets to anyone you want.  If that weren't the case, nobody would have bought any PSLs.  Yes, you mourn for the old days when the Jets played the role of "ticket cop" and tried to command the whole show.  That may have been fine when tickets were only $25 for lowers, with no PSL money up front, but now that they are 6 to 8 times as much in the lowers, and people had to pony up PSL money up front, you can take that idea and smoke it.  Get your head out of 1985.  You sound really old.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

What?   You mean for unsold seats, right?  How and why would they get a cut from my sale on the secondary market thru stub hub?

In order for Stubhub to be designated an official NFL partner and thus get those sexy scalp-proof dynamic ticket codes that Ticketmaster has, Stubhub pays a lot of money to the NFL and that money is partially subsidized by the fees that sellers pay and buyers pay.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Jets fans are the cheapest human beings on planet Earth.  It is utterly remarkable.  And it has nothing to do with wealth or income. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In order for Stubhub to be designated an official NFL partner and thus get those sexy scalp-proof dynamic ticket codes that Ticketmaster has, Stubhub pays a lot of money to the NFL and that money is partially subsidized by the fees that sellers pay and buyers pay.

SAR I

I see.  Didn't know that.  So maybe that is why they upped the seller commission from 10% to 15%?  TM is still 10%.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Good luck with that. 

PSL: Full rights to sell or transfer the tickets to anyone you want.  If that weren't the case, nobody would have bought any PSLs.  Yes, you mourn for the old days when the Jets played the role of "ticket cop" and tried to command the whole show.  That may have been fine when tickets were only $25 for lowers, with no PSL money up front, but now that they are 6 to 8 times as much in the lowers, and people had to pony up PSL money up front, you can take that idea and smoke it.

...and in those good ol' days the policing never took place.  I'm not sure who forgot what Giants Stadium looked like in 2006 or 2007 but we had just as many opposing fans there too, I could argue we had more because all the good seats between the 40's down low were held by season ticket holders with an enormous temptation to sell them to ticket brokers for 2x or 3x face value.  There were constantly opposing fans and well-to-do CEO's getting those seats from brokers.  Fans put their kids through school on the profits, ticket agencies were big businesses that just thrived on those $100 seats that today we call Coaches Club with a face value of $700.

Nothing has changed since Giants Stadium except for the technology where iPhone apps replaced the shady broker industry, and real fans getting the seats instead of profiteers whose Shea Stadium subscriptions were grandfathered in from the lucky sperm club.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Jets fans are the cheapest human beings on planet Earth.  It is utterly remarkable.  And it has nothing to do with wealth or income. 

Agree completely.  You and I know this as people who have tried to sell really good seats at very fair prices to Jets games over the years.  If it's not "free" no one is buying.  And that's really the crux of this whole dialog. 

Interesting datapoint:  I read yesterday that YES Yankees broadcast viewership is down 17% to the prior year, and I recall that two years ago the Yankees ticket sales were down an astounding 20%.  Point being, this isn't a "Jets" thing or a "my team sucks" thing, this is a New York thing.  We've got a lot more to do here than bumf-ck Kansas City than to watch a sporting event.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I see.  Didn't know that.  So maybe that is why they upped the seller commission from 10% to 15%?  TM is still 10%.

I believe so.  Either the NFL is getting a straight percentage as part of the deal or Stubub needed to recoup some of the big outlay of cash to the NFL by raising fees themselves.

The NFL is smart-  they were cut out of the third-party ticket revenue bonanza for 100 years and now they are getting a piece of every ticket that changes hands.  All they needed to do was adopt a dynamic ticketing protocol that rendered Stubhub useless without their partnership.  That;s why your rewards card no longer is accepted for gate entry and only one of the apps supporting the new ticket tech is allowed.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe so.  Either the NFL is getting a straight percentage as part of the deal or Stubub needed to recoup some of the big outlay of cash to the NFL by raising fees themselves.

The NFL is smart-  they were cut out of the third-party ticket revenue bonanza for 100 years and now they are getting a piece of every ticket that changes hands.  All they needed to do was adopt a dynamic ticketing protocol that rendered Stubhub useless without their partnership.  That;s why your rewards card no longer is accepted for gate entry and only one of the apps supporting the new ticket tech is allowed.

SAR I

Not sure I get it.  I see why paper tix had to go.  No way to track, easy to replicate (and fraudulently sell) and most importantly, no revenue to NFL from the transaction. But why not swipe cards?  I liked them better than the phone.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm sorry, but USA Men's Soccer would have done far better on Monday, October 21st than did the NY Jets.  

Honestly though.  I dont know if you can say that Greg Berhalterr is  a better coach than Adam Gsee.  Both are being burned in effigy for a reason.  

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not sure I get it.  I see why paper tix had to go.  No way to track, easy to replicate (and fraudulently sell) and most importantly, no revenue to NFL from the transaction. But why not swipe cards?  I liked them better than the phone.  

That's the answer right there.  In order for the NFL to get a nice piece of the third-party ticket sale revenue after failing for years to get their NFL Exchange off the ground, they just instituted a new smartphone rolling QR code system at the gate and essentially locked the 32 doors to only those services who used the NFL's system.  In order for Stubhub to remain afloat, they had to accept the NFL's "key" to the door and pay a hefty fee as the "official third party ticket supplier to the NFL". 

And those RFID rewards cards aren't very secure by today's standards, the new smartphones have NFC, Bluetooth, and other wireless technologies that aren't as easily nicked by the bad guys and update over time.  By using smartphones and NFC scanners, the NFL has future-proofed itself for another decade, maybe more.

SAR I