Adam Gase

BallinPB

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone.  The Jets offensive minded head coach has never had his offense finish in the top half of the league as a head coach or coordinator without the likes of one of the greatest QBs of all time.  

That is all.  

Yeah, with this awesome oline against a not bad team how could Sam not be doing well other than the coach?

look joke GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, with this awesome oline against a not bad team how could Sam not be doing well other than the coach?

Excuses.  We don’t look like a professional team.  We look second class once again.  Blame the offensive line all you want but that first half is coaching.  Mainly offense for not being able to scheme together one drive to put some points on the board.

Defense not good also but they have been better.  This offense has only played one good half this season.  Maybe one and a half.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The very worst thing is we are stuck with this guy for at least two more years minimum.  Our tool CEO hired the guy on a phone call from manning, then let him fire the crap GM he should have fired at years end and then let him choose his buddy as the new gm.

Get used to every single other person to get thrown under the bus and have to deal with  this guy for two years minimum.

And as I totally  predicted.   Darnold is now going to be the big bust that is holding gase back , you know since it was all falks fault before.

• Upvote 4

Did you hear how he spoke to Sam on the sideline? It sounded like the Little Engine That Could ... "Reset ... I know you can, I know you can! You know what to do." Where's the frickin' participation trophy? Sam's a kid ... he doesn't know what to do. That's why you need coaching, and Gase simply doesn't have a clue. It's like the blind leading the blind. Geeze! 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

You guys talk you sh*t about how bad the offensive line is but we are in for years of mediocrity here.  I remember Andrew Luck in his first few years with an Oline as bad as ours still making the plays.  

You are believing in someone who has proven to be a failure at the one thing he’s supposed to be good at.  It’s like if Rex came in here and sucked as a defensive coach.  Are you ******* kidding me?

Take off the blinders this is making me sick.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase is a cancer? That’s a bit extreme, no?

The talent sucks and there's more than a handful of guys who legit dont care. Trumaine knows he doesnt have to try. Hopefully Douglas can implement trying and liking football as a non-negotiable characteristic when drafting and bringing in guys. I'd cut Johnson tomorrow. 

Rhule was the culture guy who they probably should have gone with. This siloed approach with no one in charge just leads to CYA'ing from everyone. 

Also, Darnold may not be the guy. The fanbase has annointed him as Unitas and that's a huge ******* problem.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

The talent sucks and there's more than a handful of guys who legit dont care. Trumaine knows he doesnt have to try. Hopefully Douglas can implement trying and liking football as a non-negotiable characteristic when drafting and bringing in guys. I'd cut Johnson tomorrow. 

Rhule was the culture guy who they probably should have gone with. This siloed approach with no one in charge just leads to CYA'ing from everyone. 

Also, Danrold may not be the guy. The fanbase has annointed him as Unitas and that's a huge ******* problem.

Darnold is the guy but he is being given no chance at all the HC offensive guy just stinks, he has no oline at all and his WRs drop passes early killing drives.  Darnold looks right now like he did in his last year of usc when he had to do everything himself.

He is the guy unless gase ruins him or maybe maccagnan already ruined him by his oline ignorance.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Excuses.  We don’t look like a professional team.  We look second class once again.  Blame the offensive line all you want but that first half is coaching.  Mainly offense for not being able to scheme together one drive to put some points on the board.

Defense not good also but they have been better.  This offense has only played one good half this season.  Maybe one and a half.  

No, it's a simple, and easily observable fact. Gase may suck in the end, but try being somewhat objective if not honest. Change the name of the coach and there is still no oline to block consistently. The defense is still giving up dinks and dunks. Oh, and they are still playing the pats* who don't suck unfortunately. Was the first half disgraceful? Yes, without a doubt. Maybe this off season they'll draft oline like it actually matters and pursue a good non injured FA to help out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Darnold is the guy but he is being given no chance at all the HC offensive guy just stinks, he has no oline at all and his WRs drop passes early killing drives.  Darnold looks right now like he did in his last year of usc when he had to do everything himself.

He is the guy unless gase ruins him or maybe maccagnan already ruined him by his oline ignorance.

He just said mic'ed up on national television that he was seeing ghosts.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Also, Darnold may not be the guy. The fanbase has annointed him as Unitas and that's a huge ******* problem.

This is where I’m at, too, and it’s why I’m curious to see if Gase and Douglas can consolidate enough power to change the course of the franchise. There are myriad problems with the organization and it’s hard to find one person to blame at this point. Next year and beyond, that won’t be the case 

• Upvote 2

Gase has been pretty poor as a coach, but the roster is also beyond putrid in its construction. No need to make it more complicated then that. 

What would be a nice start if they would finally invest into the oline, could stop overdrafting bad corners, and actually tried to draft better wide receivers and tight ends. 

• Upvote 1