Adam Gase

BallinPB

10 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

We wait for Pac to gaslight us on why Adam Gase was the reason this playoff caliber roster was underperforming. 

It's not just underperforming it's looking entirely unprepared and incompetent.  

He's a very bad coach - hiring him to bring up Sam might be the worst thing this franchise has ever done....and that's saying a lot.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ok. Let’s fire Adam Gase tomorrow. Then what? 

Thats the big point right there.  You cant fire him in season.. Youre stuck with dowell loggains as the OC which doesnt fix anything.  Everyone needs to resign themselves to Gase being here the rest of the year if not another 2 more after that.  

Unless the walls completely fall off and we lose out, i really cant see johnson having the stones to fire him after 1 season. 

• Upvote 1

Gase Observations:

Let me first say I want to like this guy, but I’m having a hard time with it.

He isolates himself from the players and seemingly everyone else during the game. I noticed Belichick huddling his guys together and coaching them.

The Jets continue to have untouched defenders in Sam’s face. The blocking assignments and scheme is not working after 7 weeks. Just can’t fix it.

Poor play calls and designs. He should know by now that the line cannot block. Adjust, adapt???? Brady is getting the ball out in 2 seconds. Why doesn’t Gase design a play scheme to get the ball out in 2 seconds??? He will not move from HIS system.

Get a fullback or get the TE’s to block. 

Gase seems unwilling to change his scheme to adapt to the current player personnel they have.

Granted the Pats defense is top ranked but what an embarrassing performance. No rhythm, no sustained drives, no answers. I mean what do they do all week to prepare and look so unprepared every week. (Except the Cowboy game)

This team has added Mosely, a heathy Marcus Maye, Crowder, Bell, Thomas, etc. Worse coaching than Todd Bowles if you can believe it. 
On paper we have a better team than last year and look worse. 

I’m Im convinced at this point that Gase is not the answer. The team has upgraded personnel but stinks. Some will say we need a new O-line to be better. Well a good coach, not even a great coach needs to adapt to what he has. To put this crap out on the field every week falls on the coaches shoulders. I mean Sam looked like Luke Falk or even Hackenburg out there last night. He had like a 1.8 QB rating. Couldn’t even get in field goal range. Kid needs help. Needs a QB whisperer?. Gase isn’t whispering, more like pissing in Sam’s ear. Gase has set him up to fail. If Gase is designing plays where Sam needs more than 3 seconds to get the ball out, he’s a dope. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm not one to bash on Gase with this roster but where is the creativity?

Bell is the best receiving RB in the league and we never pass to him.

Darnold is mobile and we never roll him out or bootleg him. Gase can't even design a running play for Darnold. 

I have no idea what Gase is doing......probably his ego getting in the way and trying too be smarter than everyone has given him credit for. He's a lot like Mac in that regard.

ive defended him too based on the personnel on this team and the fact that if you watch the all 22 there are guys open consistently. 

That being said youre 100% correct. you look at good offensive coordinators (shanahan, mcvay, reicht, payton) . when they have a mobile qb and they need to get them in rhythm they start with easy throws, crossers, roll outs, play action.  We have legitimately the best receiving back in the nfl and we dont do any screens, hot routes, angle routes anything to him out of the backfield.

I'm legitimately very confused by what the plan is going into every week. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Gase needs to capitalize on his friendship with Peyton Manning and get him to spend an afternoon with Sam talking about his 1-7 start against Bellichick’s D where he typically played his worst game of the season, and how he finally figured out how to play well and beat the Pats.

Nah, that will happen naturally. This loss was not on Sam Darnold. It's on Adam Gase.

The offensive line is atrocious and Sam just had a bad reaction to that, against the Pats, on National TV. 

But did any other unit show anything special? No. 

• The defense bent and broke.
  • The offense was just...ZERO points, 'nuff said.
  • I don't remember anything special and specials.

Gase brings nothing to the table: he's not a motivator or a tactician. What else is there that he brings to the position? I know, I know, what are the options...I just have bad memories of Kotite, when i was skeptical and then KNEW that it would be a snowball's chance in hell before we won with him as coach. I get that same feeling with Gase.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Thats the big point right there.  You cant fire him in season.. Youre stuck with dowell loggains as the OC which doesnt fix anything.  Everyone needs to resign themselves to Gase being here the rest of the year if not another 2 more after that.  

Unless the walls completely fall off and we lose out, i really cant see johnson having the stones to fire him after 1 season. 

I see hopeful signs that the wheels are already off.

I think if he hasn't shown more than this the rest of the way, we may get a new coach and a great draft pick.

A man can hope...

14 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

We def can fire him. Put g Williams in charge. Overnight fan base and team buys in. Sam Darnold is amazed that you can call short passes and dump passed to bell when faced with 0 cover blitz against the jags.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

We def can fire him. Put g Williams in charge. Overnight fan base and team buys in. Sam Darnold is amazed that you can call short passes and dump passed to bell when faced with 0 cover blitz against the jags.

how does greg williams fix the offense? who is calling plays? dowell loggains, and how is that any better than what you perceive gase to be as a play caller?

In fact loggains prob has a worse track record as an offensive coordinator.  Thats why i dont think that firing him in season accomplishes much for this team going forward other than just getting rid of him for next year.  I also dont see johnson pulling the trigger on firing a coach mid season when he balked at firing mac after his dreadful past few years mismanaging the team. 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:18 PM, RobR said:

I'm having Ron Earhardt flashbacks. Bell up the middle on every single first down.

didn't the booger say run blocking is easier to do than pass blocking?  i don't agree but if it's true then you'd think they would be able to spring bell a lot more than they have.  and if you have an oline that can't run or pass block then what?  funny how bell had his best rushing game against the much vaunted cover zero and maybe that shows one way to beat it and why all teams don't employ it all the time.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:40 AM, MaxAF said:

Gase Observations:

I mean Sam looked like Luke Falk or even Hackenburg out there last night. He had like a 1.8 QB rating. Couldn’t even get in field goal range. Kid needs help. Needs a QB whisperer?. Gase isn’t whispering, more like pissing in Sam’s ear. Gase has set him up to fail. If Gase is designing plays where Sam needs more than 3 seconds to get the ball out, he’s a dope. 

I think he had a 3.7 quarterback rating, but his QBR was 0.7. 

They actually started in Patriots territory twice.  Once they drove 28 yards from midfield and failed to convert on 4th and 4.  After Johnson's INT they started on the New England 33.  They also had that long drive where the refs decided to give them a chance.  They drove down to the 11 and... he threw an interception. 

On 10/22/2019 at 7:08 AM, Chrebetfan80 said:

Not necessarily. You can fire him and his troll looking OC Loggains too. You put Jim Bob Cooter as OC. at least that guy had some success with Matt Stafford.

Williams has been around the league for, forever. You don't think he has any contacts if he wanted a different OC, if he were to be put in charge this year? lol.

come on.

• Upvote 2

I really hope he’s not back. He’s been horrendous. Even if he significantly improves, he would be an 7-9/8-8 every year coach.

To win in the playoffs and the Super Bowl, you need good coaching that can adapt. We’ll never go anywhere with this guy. Time to cut bait after Week 17...or sooner.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

how does greg williams fix the offense? who is calling plays? dowell loggains, and how is that any better than what you perceive gase to be as a play caller?

In fact loggains prob has a worse track record as an offensive coordinator.  Thats why i dont think that firing him in season accomplishes much for this team going forward other than just getting rid of him for next year.  I also dont see johnson pulling the trigger on firing a coach mid season when he balked at firing mac after his dreadful past few years mismanaging the team. 

Keeping Gase as HC doesn’t fix the offense 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wut, it wasn't Falks fault 100% holding back the creative genius that is Adam Gase.

But I was told otherwise repeatedly.

Gase is uncreative, makes lousy decisions and his quarterbacks always look unprepared 

Ask Ryan Tannehill is he missing Gase?

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2019 at 9:01 PM, BallinPB said:

Maybe it’s an overreaction but I’m just tired of being embarrassed like this as a fan.  No matter what even though we are less talented I feel that if Gase was a good coach he could’ve found a way to  game plan and make this at the very least competitive.

This is the biggest argument against Gase. His teams either win a close game or get blown out. (and usually, they get blown out)

Look at his last three losses in Miami

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, phill1c said:

Nah, that will happen naturally. This loss was not on Sam Darnold. It's on Adam Gase.

The offensive line is atrocious and Sam just had a bad reaction to that, against the Pats, on National TV. 

But did any other unit show anything special? No. 

• The defense bent and broke.
  • The offense was just...ZERO points, 'nuff said.
  • I don't remember anything special and specials.

Gase brings nothing to the table: he's not a motivator or a tactician. What else is there that he brings to the position? I know, I know, what are the options...I just have bad memories of Kotite, when i was skeptical and then KNEW that it would be a snowball's chance in hell before we won with him as coach. I get that same feeling with Gase.

We actually have a shot at running the table second half of the season but Gase has to go before it he’s a clown

On 10/21/2019 at 6:46 PM, Joe Willie said:

Did you hear how he spoke to Sam on the sideline? It sounded like the Little Engine That Could ... "Reset ... I know you can, I know you can! You know what to do." Where's the frickin' participation trophy? Sam's a kid ... he doesn't know what to do. That's why you need coaching, and Gase simply doesn't have a clue. It's like the blind leading the blind. Geeze! 

What really pissed me off was watching BB coach up his D and AG not doing a Fking thing...  Hey coach your O looks like sh*t...how about calling a time out and get the entire O team on the sideline and read them the riot act.... Frankly you are on par with R Kotite for ineptitude for crap sake!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Yeah I feel you but pretty sure next coach in line would get it and g Williams would call the plays. G Williams would love it

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This is the biggest argument against Gase. His teams either win a close game or get blown out. (and usually, they get blown out)

Look at his last three losses in Miami

Yup as a coach he doesn't do a good job actually coaching. He should just go to film breakdown, or as he does it, just ogling plays

didn't the booger say run blocking is easier to do than pass blocking?  i don't agree but if it's true then you'd think they would be able to spring bell a lot more than they have.  and if you have an oline that can't run or pass block then what?  funny how bell had his best rushing game against the much vaunted cover zero and maybe that shows one way to beat it and why all teams don't employ it all the time.

Yeah well you saw what the Pats did. They have had injuries on their OL and probably didnt like their chances running up the middle. So they ram Jet sweeps and set everything else up off of that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app