Thank you Mac for this POS

NYJ1

19 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The root cause of all of this is Mac. It's that idiot that thought he'd built a great team and they were ready to compete after adding just a few nice players (don't need many because the roster is so great) in FA. That sack of sh*t gets to sit home and doesn't have to answer for this cluster we're watching now.

Stop blaming Gase or Douglas. This entire clusterf*ck belongs squarely with Mike MacCagnan. If ever another team hired this sh*tbag to be their GM it would be like Leon Hess hiring Rich Kotite again.

I guess you would have felt better with 11 picks from Baker

1 minute ago, Joe Willie said:

When is Sam gonna learn that he can't keep throwing the ball off of his back foot? Interception after interception. Trust me ... he's not the second coming of Broadway Joe, and he ain't the guy everyone thought he was. 

Please stop.  It's way to early to judge.  Eli stunk for like 3 1/2 years too (also throwing off his back foot).  Give Sam some time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Please stop.  It's way to early to judge.  Eli stunk for like 3 1/2 years too (also throwing off his back foot).  Give Sam some time.

Sorry ... I don't see him as a diamond in the rough, and I think a lot of folks drank the Gang Green Kool Aid regarding Sam's abilities. I hope to be proven wrong, but so far ... I'm not. And, if he's gonna get better, Gase is not the guy to lead him there.

28 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The root cause of all of this is Mac. It's that idiot that thought he'd built a great team and they were ready to compete after adding just a few nice players (don't need many because the roster is so great) in FA. That sack of sh*t gets to sit home and doesn't have to answer for this cluster we're watching now.

Stop blaming Gase or Douglas. This entire clusterf*ck belongs squarely with Mike MacCagnan. If ever another team hired this sh*tbag to be their GM it would be like Leon Hess hiring Rich Kotite again.

Someone had a brain fart when they thought he was the answer! ??

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Sorry ... I don't see him as a diamond in the rough, and I think a lot of folks drank the Gang Green Kool Aid regarding Sam's abilities. I hope to be proven wrong, but so far ... I'm not. And, if he's gonna get better, Gase is not the guy to lead him there.

I LOVE all the 14 jerseys, the 6 jerseys before that etc.  After 45 years of this crap, I cherish my 12 and 73 jerseys and now a 60 received as a gift. I don’t anoint anyone for at least 4 years of play.  At the Charlotte club I would say 70 percent of the jerseys were 33 and 14.    Kids never learn. ?. I want Sam to be the best but what we saw tonite was not good. 

8 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

When is Sam gonna learn that he can't keep throwing the ball off of his back foot? Interception after interception. Trust me ... he's not the second coming of Broadway Joe, and he ain't the guy everyone thought he was. 

Automatic nonsense. I mean you start one negative thread and immediately you get foolishness like this? Stop piling on for effect. It's already bad enough.

No. He's not the second coming of Broadway Joe. In fact statistically, he's probably much better. Throwing off his back foot is a new thing and a result of piss poor OL play. The OL, HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON NO LESS, is still allowing blitzers to come running unimpeded to the QB immediately after the snap. Like they just decided that Sam is going to have to fend for himself. NO QB can be effective under these circumstances. Throwing off his back foot is easily correctable once you get a COMPETENT OL in front of him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

IIRC, last year he was the youngest QB in NFL history to ever start a game.  This year we have no OL and he's recovering from mono.  That plus he went up against maybe the best defense in the NFL and the best HC of all time.  Last week he single-handedly made the team look good (and they were a sh-tshow without him).  Let's give him some time.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Maccagnan's last move of idiocy was his magnum opus: Wasting the 3rd overall pick on an injury-prone interior d-lineman with Josh Allen on the board.

I don't think it would've made any difference.  Brady gets rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.  

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wrong, the whole thing is in the owners lap.

He did not fire mac when he let bowles go.

He let peyton manning convince him to hire gase with one phone call.

You know for sure though that the guys in charge now will get a 3 year free pass due to mac.

Douglas gets some drafts to show he has it or not.

Gase was such an utterly awful hire with a poor record and a lousy resume.

this is all all on the moronic naive CEO who is worse than woody exponentially and that is saying something.

Foolishness. He needed to fire MAC not when he fired ?, but LONG before that. It was plain to see Mac needed to be fired after the 2016 draft. When you squander your 1st and 2nd round pick on garbage like Darron Lee and Christian Hackenberg, you deserve to be fired.

Letting Peyton Manning, one of the very best players to ever pick up a football, convince you to hire Adam Gase is not a bad thing. He's the kind of person you should listen to.

Now I'm not saying Gases results don't look awful right now, but you MUST have talent and the Jets have ZERO.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, last year he was the youngest QB in NFL history to ever start a game.  This year we have no OL and he's recovering from mono.  That plus he went up against maybe the best defense in the NFL and the best HC of all time.  Last week he single-handedly made the team look good (and they were a sh-tshow without him).  Let's give him some time.

I still don't think he's the guy. Many of us are so desperate for a savior, that we'll buy into most anyone who's presented to us. Shades of Ken O'Brien, Richard Todd, and Chad Pennington. I've been there and done that. No more. Until this team learns how to draft, including getting a QB who shows some rudimentary semblance of understanding the game, then I refuse to drink the Gang Green Kool Aid anymore. I've had 51 years of this same song and dance, and I'm tired of it. I think many here may feel similarly.

It’s ownership.  Nobody wanted the GM job after they fired Tanenbaum and kept Rex.  Then there is the structural issue of a GM not being able to pick their own HC.  Finally ownership is easily spooked by the NY media, ie Doug Marrone.  I guarantee that we didn’t hire McCarthy because there were rumors swirling about his massages.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wrong, the whole thing is in the owners lap.

He did not fire mac when he let bowles go.

He let peyton manning convince him to hire gase with one phone call.

You know for sure though that the guys in charge now will get a 3 year free pass due to mac.

Douglas gets some drafts to show he has it or not.

Gase was such an utterly awful hire with a poor record and a lousy resume.

this is all all on the moronic naive CEO who is worse than woody exponentially and that is saying something.

The proof is in the pudding as they say. Problem is the pudding tastes like sh*t.

Idzik came in with a plan, cleared the cap, assembled 12 picks in the 2014 draft that would determine the next decade of Jets football - and he did - only 2 remain in the NFL (1 on IR) the other is a backup on the Vikings...

Mac had no plan and it showed plus he did not value OL and that shows now 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Foolishness. He needed to fire MAC not when he fired ?, but LONG before that. It was plain to see Mac needed to be fired after the 2016 draft. When you squander your 1st and 2nd round pick on garbage like Darron Lee and Christian Hackenberg, you deserve to be fired.

Letting Peyton Manning, one of the very best players to ever pick up a football, convince you to hire Adam Gase is not a bad thing. He's the kind of person you should listen to.

Now I'm not saying Gases results don't look awful right now, but you MUST have talent and the Jets have ZERO.

No, you go through a hiring process and a thorough search and find the best guy for the job.  You do not get to the end of the search and have a buddy of a guy who has an utter fail resume since peyton endorsed him for the job in miami and listen to peyton endorse him again,

• Upvote 1

oooh we will beat up on the bad teams and gase supporters will forget this game and the others where the team came out flat and ill prepared. 

This is Gase's MO weak schedule he looks good against tougher opponents he looks out of his league. It is not that we lost and are 1 and 6 it is we lost and did not even compete. That is coaching. For blaming Mac sure it is his fault that the oline can block in this scheme and has regressed. Maybe the issue is the scheme? Maybe the coach is bad, I can buy into one or two players regressing but all 5 starters? that is not the players that is the coach and the scheme.

No designed role outs nothing done really to help the qb. He throws them to the wolves before the excuse was a 3rd string qb  now Sam comes back against an average Cowboys team and looks good Gase is great not, he is the same guy we saw last night and the other 3 games where we came out bad.

Where is the schmuck who tried to call out the the people who dislike Gase today? I answered his thread and and waiting for them to show up here