How can the steelers be happy winning like this?

Sharrow

...you know, as suspect as some of the calls were....a win is a win....and quite frankly, I am sure that the victor could not give a hoot what we all think.

So, congratulations to those stinkin' steelers.....but most of all, congrats to the resident steeler fan who seems like a pretty decent man. I am quite sure he must be celebrating like a rock star right now....and GOOD FOR HIM!

oh, and JonE, if the jets ever won the SB again, I would be the first one to congratulate you too. Why? Um.....contrary to popular belief, I am actually a nice person.....so stick that where the sun don;t shine! LOL!

I'm not saying that they couldn't have won if the calls were fair. I'm just saying it was debatable whether or not they would have won.

And Sherry, you're not even reading my posts. Its obvious you're a dumbass based on your blatently ignorant post about alexander. Just ignore the fact that you looked like a complete idiot, ignorance is bliss, right?

What am I missing?

You said Pitt should not have won.

I disagreed.

You act like S Alexander dominated.

He didn't.

You call me an idiot but yet you have a whole 173 posts.

You are a dumbass.

What am I missing?

You said Pitt should not have won.

I disagreed.

You act like S Alexander dominated.

He didn't.

You call me an idiot but yet you have a whole 173 posts.

You are a dumbass.

Apparantly you're missing a lot. I never said that Pitt should not have won. I can't say who would have won the game one way or another. Big Ben made a great play for the first touchdown, Parker made a great run for a touchdown, Hines Ward played a great game. The defense played a decent game 3 sacks an interception and almost a fumble. I don't act like Shaun Alexander dominated. I said he played a SOLID game, did I say he DOMINATED? How is 95 yards on 20 carries (4.75/carry) not a solid game? YOU said that HE got dominated and folded under the pressure. You're the one making **** up.

The Steelers earned their win, but the officials made that possible.

Oh and so according to you, I'm an idiot until I've been here for another year and then I can be smart? So what, I just learned about this page this January when I saw smizzy mention it on another site. That makes me stupid? What a moron, I can't even believe I'm wasting my time explaining the OBVIOUS.

I don't know, I just don't think I would be happy getting a win like this. Its worse than getting a win because someone got hurt. They played alright, but I can't say whether or not they would have won without the refs, it would have been a closer game (and better in my opinion). Maybe cause its the big game and they finally got their 5th, I don't know. How can they know if they really deserved it or not?

Everyone is entitled their opinion. But the bottom line is that this team found a way to get it done. Refs will be refs, remember the Troy P overturned INT? IT HAPPENS! I am EXTREMELY HAPPY THAT MY TEAM HAS WON IT ALL. No one can take that away from us. Us Steelers fans have suffered plenty of heartbreaking defeats the last 14 years. It is now our time to rejoice!

I'm not complaining that Pittsburgh won, I'm complaining that the officials made more than one game changing BAD calls in the biggest game of the year. Thats not supposed to happen and it taints the win a little bit if you ask me. Thats my just opinion. I don't fault you guys for disagreeing, its like the instant replay arguement, its just a matter of opinion.

I'm not complaining that Pittsburgh won, I'm complaining that the officials made more than one game changing BAD calls in the biggest game of the year. Thats not supposed to happen and it taints the win a little bit if you ask me. Thats my just opinion. I don't fault you guys for disagreeing, its like the instant replay arguement, its just a matter of opinion.

WHAT F-U-C-K-I-N-G CALLS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

But congrats to the Steelers now that its over. Congrats to Big Ben, he played well, congrats to the BUS for going out on top. And congrats to Bill Cower for a well coached game. Again I'm not saying the Steelers didn't deserve to win, I'm just saying that the Seahawks didn't deserve the bad calls the refs gave them.

WHAT F-U-C-K-I-N-G CALLS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Nice job ignoring my whole post again and also ignoring what an idiot i made you look like. Thats a good way to win an arguement, by ignoring the other guys points. Maybe I'll go through the game tomorrow and make a list of them, but I'm certainly not going to do that now for some dumbass. Maybe if you admit what a complete retard you are, I'll make a list tomorrow. But I don't really see a point. There's already been one game breaking call thats been mentioned, and a 14 points swing (more than the margin of victory) and thats more than enough to prove it would have been a completely different game with better refs.

Seahawks really just lost the game on their own --penalties, Jeremy Stevens dropping everything in site......Wistrom accidently tripping going for a second straight sack in the first half, which allowed Ben to throw a ball down to the 2.

The holding penalty on Locklear was a joke.....but the other things were "iffy" and could've gone either way.

Pittsburgh's QB was 9-21 and 2 int's and their RB's had one big play....

It wasn't a pretty win or a enjoyable Super Bowl to watch....

But Cowher will take it, I'm sure....

P.S: If Ken Hamlin doesn't stupidly pick a fight with gang members at a bar after a game and get bashed over the head with a street sign, maybe 3rd string free safety Etric Pruitt isn't out there, who allowed two big plays!

Nice job ignoring my whole post again and also ignoring what an idiot i made you look like. Thats a good way to win an arguement, by ignoring the other guys points. Maybe I'll go through the game tomorrow and make a list of them, but I'm certainly not going to do that now for some dumbass. Maybe if you admit what a complete retard you are, I'll make a list tomorrow. But I don't really see a point. There's already been one game breaking call thats been mentioned, and a 14 points swing (more than the margin of victory) and thats more than enough to prove it would have been a completely different game with better refs.

Wow you are a ****in retard.

Seahawks really just lost the game on their own --penalties, Jeremy Stevens dropping everything in site......Wistrom accidently tripping going for a second straight sack in the first half, which allowed Ben to throw a ball down to the 2.

The holding penalty on Locklear was a joke.....but the other things were "iffy" and could've gone either way.

Pittsburgh's QB was 9-21 and 2 int's and their RB's had one big play....

It wasn't a pretty win or a enjoyable Super Bowl to watch....

But Cowher will take it, I'm sure....

P.S: If Ken Hamlin doesn't stupidly pick a fight with gang members at a bar after a game and get bashed over the head with a street sign, maybe 3rd string free safety Etric Pruitt isn't out there, who allowed two big plays!

I agree with that, if Seattle would have played a perfect game, they probably could have won despite the refs. It wasn't ALL their fault, but it certainly wasn't fair in my opinion. Thats not Pittsburgh fault, they played a good enough game to win and again congrats to the winners.

Didn't Smizzy recruit Glenn Foley and MadMike1 too?

WTF is Smizzy hanging out these days?

Are you just going to keep firing these off being funny instead of saying something smart and adding to the arguement? Cause if so, I'm not going to stick around for it, I have other things I could be doing.

Are you just going to keep firing these off being funny instead of saying something smart and adding to the arguement? Cause if so, I'm not going to stick around for it, I have other things I could be doing.

Agree to diagree and move on. It's that simple.

The Steelers took the Seahawks lightly and thought all they had to do was show up to pick up their super bowl trophy. Luckily for them though the Seahawks reverted back to form from the last two years, drops gallore and just sloppy, undisciplined play, Holmgren forgot that he had the best running back in the NFC this year, managed the clock using the herm edwards clock management guide, And the refs rearranged the rules for the steelers too a little bit. All of a sudden tackling the defender who is running back an interception is a penalty. Awesome.

Did Joey Porter even play? Or was that him running in place trying to pass rush Walter Jones? Did anybody get a count of the number of players Porter knocked out? After yapping off all week as if was he was Lawrence Taylor and Ken Shamrock rolled into one I expected a little more from Joseph.

I still do not know how Jeramy Stevens did not win MVP for the steelers lastnight. Talk about being afraid of the moment.

Just a horrible game.

if you ask me the Colts got way more BS calls against the Steelers a couple weeks ago but if the other team sacks up and just out-muscles the other team the refs will be irrelivant.

put it another way people are complaining about the call Matt Hassleback tackling/cutting down blockers - the real problem there wasn't the refs it was #8 for throwing the pick in the first place.

if you ask me the Colts got way more BS calls against the Steelers a couple weeks ago but if the other team sacks up and just out-muscles the other team the refs will be irrelivant.

put it another way people are complaining about the call Matt Hassleback tackling/cutting down blockers - the real problem there wasn't the refs it was #8 for throwing the pick in the first place.

The refs didnt determine the game, the hawks played sloppy ball in a game that was there for the taking. Some of the calls in that game though were very strange.

Archived