Sam Darnold

Just now, CTM said:

These told you so threads are lame after a good game and even worse after a bad one.

Anyone who takes the green goggles off knows Sam has a lot of work to do, there will be more games like this one and more games like last week as well. Level out your reactions until he starts to build a trend in either direction

This game will have the Jets scouting dept at every Bama and Oregon game moving forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, CTM said:

These told you so threads are lame after a good game and even worse after a bad one.

Anyone who takes the green goggles off knows Sam has a lot of work to do, there will be more games like this one and more games like last week as well. Level out your reactions until he starts to build a trend in either direction

More games like this one?   How many of these types of games have the leagues top qbs had in their career?   Df you talkin abt.....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Bad night. The Pats D just had his number. Pressure in his face all night, the Pats have the best secondary in football, put it all together and this is what you get.

Still feel confident in him. Gotta accept every outing as the truth rather than one or another. The same guy who looked fine against Dallas last week is playing now. I'm sure he'll have better games during the rest of the season.

The hot takes are gonna be annoying all week though, yeesh.

No, don't sugar coat it. A bad game can be expected from time to time, hello I expected one tonight. I did NOT buy into all the nonsense hype from last week but this kids looks much worse than I thought I'd ever see him look. He looks Bryce Petty lost tonight. He isnt alone, the line sucks, the WR's are seriously not competitive but Sam just flat out looks like he should be benched the rest of this game...for his own good.

But there is no-one else to play so he has to keep running from ghosts. Trust me tomorrow this will be a redux of the butt-fumble game as far as the media is concerned. 

ghost-photo.png 

13 hours ago, PhinHater said:

USC quarterbacks never do well in the NFL. Darnold is a bust and we all need to admit it. Heck...even geno smith had some good games. So did Sanchez. Doesnt mean they are good. 

That's BS.  I believe that about as much as Oregon QBs never do well in the NFL.  Joey Harrington went into one of the worst situations in NFL history.  Mariota's wasn't much better but I think his ceiling was oversold to begin with.  And Dan Fouts was literally headed to the scrap heap until Don Coryell was hired.  It''s about the individual and the situation they go into.  Not the university.  Hell Palmer came back fine.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

That's BS.  I believe that about as much as Oregon QBs never do well in the NFL.  Joey Harrington went into one of the worst situations in NFL history.  Mariota's wasn't much better but I don't think his ceiling was oversold to begin with.  And Dan Fouts was literally headed to the scrap heap until Don Coryell was hired.  It''s about the individual and the situation they go into.  Not the university.  Hell Palmer came back fine.

The PAC 12 is horrific and should be handicapped accordingly when scouting college prospects.

14 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Bad night. The Pats D just had his number. Pressure in his face all night, the Pats have the best secondary in football, put it all together and this is what you get.

Still feel confident in him. Gotta accept every outing as the truth rather than one or another. The same guy who looked fine against Dallas last week is playing now. I'm sure he'll have better games during the rest of the season.

The hot takes are gonna be annoying all week though, yeesh.

This is one of those weeks you don’t watch or listen to anything regarding football.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

That's BS.  I believe that about as much as Oregon QBs never do well in the NFL.  Joey Harrington went into one of the worst situations in NFL history.  Mariota's wasn't much better but I don't think his ceiling was oversold to begin with.  And Dan Fouts was literally headed to the scrap heap until Don Coryell was hired.  It''s about the individual and the situation they go into.  Not the university.

No, he is pretty much right. With the exception of Carlson Palmer most have been horrible and even Palmer didnt crank it up until later in his career. That may not have any relevance whatsoever with the success or failure of Sam but there is no string of USC QB's to hang the history on. If Sam does take us to the big be he will be the ONE success story at the position out of that school. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The PAC 12 is horrific and should be handicapped accordingly when scouting college prospects.

Please.  If it was total trash then Barr, who I thought was too raw to make a decent pro QB, wouldn't have led the Rams to the SB.  Again, like I said, the individual and the franchise that drafts them.