See ya - last post

WowOhWow

It's a good idea.  There isn't much point to living an unhappy life over a spectator sport.  If it's making you miserable, opt out for at least a while and get some perspective.  There are many more important things in life.

There was a time when I wouldn't miss a game.  I lived for the banter at places like JI, and later, here.  All of the talk radio stuff.  Inside the NFL, etc.

Then, I realized how much it was dragging me down.  So I dialed it back.  Now, my only expectation of the Jets is they entertain me with a competitive game.  Not neccesarily win.  Just be competitive.  If they can't do that, I won't watch.  I would have turned off the TV in the first half tonight, if my wife wasn't a life long Pats fan (oh, the agony of it all!).

Some day, they will be good again.  It ain't this year.  If they play competitively, I'll watch.  If they turn in stinkers like this, week in and week out, I'll find something better to do with my extra 3 hours every week.

• Upvote 3

Personally I was just mad they sucked me in with the off season BS. I won’t let that happen again. It’s interesting to see just how big of a dumpster fire this really is?

I think the see ghosts thing will now follow Darnold like the butt fumble with Sanchez. It’s another new low for this franchise.

The more it changes the more it stays the same. No real changes will happen until the Johnson’s are gone. Unfortunately that will only happen when they are in a box eating dirt pie.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Personally I was just mad they sucked me in with the off season BS. I won’t let that happen again. It’s interesting to see just how big of a dumpster fire this really is?

I think the see ghosts thing will now follow Darnold like the butt fumble with Sanchez. It’s another new low for this franchise.

The more it changes the more it stays the same. No real changes will happen until the Johnson’s are gone. Unfortunately that will only happen when they are in a box eating dirt pie.

Maybe I didn’t pay as much attention because I was moving countries but it really astounds me that anyone was optimist about this season going in.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Maybe I didn’t pay as much attention because I was moving countries but it really astounds me that anyone was optimist about this season going in.

You know, new coach, Darnold second season. A few flash off season signings. Hoped the line would play better..

Key thing lesson learned, still a few that need to be red pilled, but a few more games like this there isn’t any doubt.

The key is the trade deadline date of 29th Oct. I think it’s not if, but when moves are made. Joe Douglas makes his power move this week, with Chris Johnson, the plot is hatched, and the burn down starts.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

You know, new coach, Darnold second season. A few flash off season signings. Hoped the line would play better..

Key thing lesson learned, still a few that need to be red pilled, but a few more games like this there isn’t any doubt.

The key is the trade deadline date of 29th Oct. I think it’s not if, but when moves are made. Joe Douglas makes his power move this week, with Chris Johnson, the plot is hatched, and the burn down starts.

Without a competent OL it will be very hard to evaluate Darnold. That’s the biggest crime of Macc era. He got us a franchise QB (maybe) but put him in an extraordinarily difficult spot.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Without a competent OL it will be very hard to evaluate Darnold. That’s the biggest crime of Macc era. He got us a franchise QB (maybe) but put him in an extraordinarily difficult spot.

Agreed but when you have moron owners who hire moron GM’s and HC’s this is what happens. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Agreed but when you have moron owners who hire moron GM’s and HC’s this is what happens. 

Yes they brought this on themselves but they don’t care. One of them is literally on a four year tea break. Could you see Kraft or Jerry walking away from their teams? Would never happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes they brought this on themselves but they don’t care. One of them is literally on a four year tea break. Could you see Kraft or Jerry walking away from their teams? Would never happen.

PS hate to say it but Belichick pegged Woody right from the start 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

PS hate to say it but Belichick pegged Woody right from the start 

Belichick would be a DC somewhere today if he didn't get lucky with Brady.

Woody is incredibly underappreciated by jet fans.  Was it his fault he took over a year before Brady? Even with that we were one of the better teams in the AFC for a decade.  This decade we have sucked for the most part but under Woody we never had 2 consecutive losing seasons, under Chris this will be the third year in a row we have a losing season.

• WTF? 3