Jump to content
WowOhWow

See ya - last post

Recommended Posts

Jesus Christ, it's  just football. Yeah I was upset watching the game and still a little upset this morning but I seem to find enough time to spend with my kids and manage to be in a good mood most of the time while still maintaining  an interest in a football team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ... can you blame him? How many more years do we have to endure bad ownership, bad management, bad coaching, bad players, and being a laughingstock of the league? For many of us, the green and white is ingrained in our DNA, and we can't turn away from the multi-car accident happening routinely in front of us. However, there are many who have endured this sh*tshow for too long, and just can't take it anymore. Quite frankly, I give them credit for having stayed around for so long. It appears that he has overcome the innate masochism which is the lot of a Jets fan and, for that, I applaud his courage. As for me, I'll be sitting in front of the TV again next week, screaming and yelling at the inept morons on the field who have the word "Jets" on the side of their helmets, as they are beaten handily by Jacksonville.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love these threads, always a good story, can't take it personal but have to admit it's probably not good that we see more of these every year...

Stay strong wow - enjoy retirement

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Belichick would be a DC somewhere today if he didn't get lucky with Brady.

Woody is incredibly underappreciated by jet fans.  Was it his fault he took over a year before Brady? Even with that we were one of the better teams in the AFC for a decade.  This decade we have sucked for the most part but under Woody we never had 2 consecutive losing seasons, under Chris this will be the third year in a row we have a losing season.

Think you're suffering from Fandom Stockholm Syndrome. Woody is a joke to the serious owners in the league.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jgb said:

I was in same boat until I decided to recalibrate my expectations and embrace the absurdist humor that is the Woody Johnson Jets.

Agreed... This is simply a team that wears a green uniform I fell in love with.  The Trust fund baby has ruined the team beyond recognition.  I dont have direct TV , live out of town and carve out a little time to grab a beer at the club here in town BUT I am NOT emotionally invested.

Woody is a total failure.....  if he weren't born a Johnson, he'd be an usher at Metlife. Literally NO skill.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Belichick would be a DC somewhere today if he didn't get lucky with Brady.

Woody is incredibly underappreciated by jet fans.  Was it his fault he took over a year before Brady? Even with that we were one of the better teams in the AFC for a decade.  This decade we have sucked for the most part but under Woody we never had 2 consecutive losing seasons, under Chris this will be the third year in a row we have a losing season.

Says you BUT almost ALL experts disagree with you yet I know that matters not to you. You are set in your belief. BB won 11 games with Matt Cassel for Christs sake.  Has always drafted BOTTOM and fields a defense that has always been as good as ours save 1 or 2 years.  BB will go down as greatest HC ever and TB as greatest QB ever.  It's so simple...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed... This is simply a team that wears a green uniform I fell in love with.  The Trust fund baby has ruined the team beyond recognition.  I dont have direct TV , live out of town and carve out a little time to grab a beer at the club here in town BUT I am NOT emotionally invested.

Woody is a total failure.....  if he weren't born a Johnson, he'd be an usher at Metlife. Literally NO skill.

The Johnson Brothers' biggest achievement is that they came out of the right wiener.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Says you BUT almost ALL experts disagree with you yet I know that maters not to you. You are set in your belief. BB won 11 games with Matt Cassel for Christs sake.  Has always drafted BOTTOM and fields a defense that has always been as good as ours save 1 or 2 years.  BB will go down as greatest HC ever and TB as greatest QB ever.  It's so simple...

BB is also the best GM of all time. as @jgb said earlier his war is probably at least 4.5 games per season. If Brady retired today the Pats would still be the odds on favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Agreed... This is simply a team that wears a green uniform I fell in love with."

It's not even the same uniform. At least that was something I could hold onto and reminisce about the glory days of Broadway Joe. Instead, they've given us these awful uniforms which have no connection to anything that even remotely resembles something familiar. The Johnsons have, essentially, provided us with players and coaches comprised of major league sh*theads, and have attempted to cover up the stench with new uniforms. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

"Agreed... This is simply a team that wears a green uniform I fell in love with."

It's not even the same uniform. At least that was something I could hold onto and reminisce about the glory days of Broadway Joe. Instead, they've given us these awful uniforms which have no connection to anything that even remotely resembles something familiar. The Johnsons have, essentially, provided us with players and coaches comprised of major league sh*theads, and have attempted to cover up the stench with new uniforms. 

While these uniforms aren't complete garbage, they are not good either. I predicted that these new uniforms would last a few years until they went back to the classic uniform that they never should have changed. I would have been ok with a new alternate jersey, but the uniform that Joe Namath wore proudly is the only uniform this franchise should ever wear until the universe implodes. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

Season 3 Rod Sterling GIF by CBS All Access

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Says you BUT almost ALL experts disagree with you yet I know that maters not to you. You are set in your belief. BB won 11 games with Matt Cassel for Christs sake.  Has always drafted BOTTOM and fields a defense that has always been as good as ours save 1 or 2 years.  BB will go down as greatest HC ever and TB as greatest QB ever.  It's so simple...

How did he do in the playoffs with Cassell? With a team that was undefeated against tougher schedule the year before with a QB that would help KC make the playoffs 2 years later.

BBs D is great now they have been mostly overrated in the Brady era.  He wins every year because he has something no one else has and that's the greatest QB of all time who can win with literally any talent around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

BB is also the best GM of all time. as @jgb said earlier his war is probably at least 4.5 games per season. If Brady retired today the Pats would still be the odds on favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Stop it.  They have never had the most talented roster, Brady can make it work with anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

While these uniforms aren't complete garbage, they are not good either. I predicted that these new uniforms would last a few years until they went back to the classic uniform that they never should have changed. I would have been ok with a new alternate jersey, but the uniform that Joe Namath wore proudly is the only uniform this franchise should ever wear until the universe implodes. 

Jets marketing have calendared off the uniform schedule like were a second rate college team. The uniforms are horrible.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jgb said:

Think you're suffering from Fandom Stockholm Syndrome. Woody is a joke to the serious owners in the league.

Woody ran things from 2000-2016.  We NEVER had 2 consecutive losing seasons, we won as many playoff wins as we had from 1960-1999  and he had to deal with the greatest dynasty the sport has ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

We've  all hugged that toilet ball after a drinking frenzy and promised "never again".

See you next week.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

have fun crocheting blankets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The uniforms are the only good thing about this team (except the black ones), I think they look really nice.  I liked the last ones too(though they weren't as nice once Nike made changes) but I'm happy with the unis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Woody ran things from 2000-2016.  We NEVER had 2 consecutive losing seasons, we won as many playoff wins as we had from 1960-1999  and he had to deal with the greatest dynasty the sport has ever seen.

He also hired Idzik, Macc, Bowles and the Jets are 142-168 under his tenure. In addition to Stockholm Syndrome, I think you suffer from low expectations.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

He also hired Idzik, Macc, Bowles. If you want to argue he started off well, he sure has lost whatever "magic" you feel he had in the beginning.

He made mistakes this decade and deserves blame for that but people forget how good we were for a decade.  The problem began when be fired tannenbaum and hired Idzik.  He never should have buckled to fan/media pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

He made mistakes this decade and deserves blame for that but people forget how good we were for a decade.  The problem began when be fired tannenbaum and hired Idzik.  He never should have buckled to fan/media pressure.

Sorry, you caught me editing. Woody's Jets are 142-168. Not sure what other metric matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the part of these posts where they explain how they are a better fan than the rest of us before they say, they aren't good, so I'm not watching anymore.  I think these guys are just pissed that they only had 24 hours to make fun of Daniel Jones.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sorry, you caught me editing. Woody's Jets are 142-168. Not sure what other metric matters.

6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, division title (only non Brady one when Brady is healthy), 2 conference title apps all while in the same division as the greatest dynasty in the sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, division title (only non Brady one when Brady is healthy), 2 conference title apps all while in the same division as the greatest dynasty in the sport.

Fins during the same timeframe: 163-147

Bills during the same timeframe: 148-162

Both better than Jets. Both contending with "the greatest dynasty in the sport."

You aren't only satisfied with that, you believe Woody has done a good job. You might be alone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

th?id=OIP.ci2-l3oRBdfNASSSgszVmwEBEs&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jgb said:

Without a competent OL it will be very hard to evaluate Darnold. That’s the biggest crime of Macc era. He got us a franchise QB (maybe) but put him in an extraordinarily difficult spot.

“I mean it’d be one thing if Trubisky was still there for us at 6, but at this point I say let’s pass. Next year’s draft has like 5-6 QBs who could go in the first round and half of them will be better than either Mahomes or Watson, so we’ll take one next year. In the meantime, to prepare for his arrival I’ll retool the offense and get it ready for him by drafting two high-pick safeties, followed by 2 mid-round WRs who will both be cut before the QB’s rookie season is up.” 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Fins during the same timeframe: 163-147

Bills during the same timeframe: 148-162

Both better than Jets. Both contending with "the greatest dynasty in the sport."

You aren't only satisfied with that, you believe Woody has done a good job. You might be alone.

Miami playoff apps: 3

Miami playoff wins: 1

Buffalo playoff apps: 1

Buffalo playoff wins: 0

 

And your #s are off.  2000-2016

Jets 132-140

Buffalo 112-160

Miami 131-141

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

“I mean it’d be one thing if Trubisky was still there for us at 6, but at this point I say let’s pass. Next year’s draft has like 5-6 QBs who could go in the first round and half of them will be better than either Mahomes or Watson, so we’ll take one next year. In the meantime, to prepare for his arrival I’ll retool the offense and get it ready for him by drafting two high-pick safeties, followed by 2 mid-round WRs who will both be cut before the QB’s rookie season is up.” 

Who's plan was this?  Paul Brown?  Ozzie Newsome?  George Young?  Tex Schram, is that you?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Miami playoff apps: 3

Miami playoff wins: 1

Buffalo playoff apps: 1

Buffalo playoff wins: 0

 

And your #s are off.  2000-2016

Jets 132-140

Buffalo 112-160

Miami 131-141

hold on re-calculating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

How did he do in the playoffs with Cassell? With a team that was undefeated against tougher schedule the year before with a QB that would help KC make the playoffs 2 years later.

BBs D is great now they have been mostly overrated in the Brady era.  He wins every year because he has something no one else has and that's the greatest QB of all time who can win with literally any talent around him.

Again... you are almost entirely alone in your views but it is hypothetical so we'll never know. BB, in my mind, is amongst the smartest football men ever.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore)

You PAID for the entire season you cant QUIT anytime you feel like you are contractually obligated until the last game of the season. 

If you are DONE please post your tickets for FREE in the ticket section so some diehard fan can attend the rest of the home games. 

Thanks 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

 

:sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...