Bad game. But Sam will bounce back

Just now, daquix said:

1) This is the type of game that RUINS quarterbacks - mentally - forever.

2) I challenge ANYONE to list as single young QB get humiliated by the Patriots like that and then become a franchise QB......... Zero. It hasn’t happened.

How did Big Ben do against them earlier this year ?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, daquix said:

2) I challenge ANYONE to list as single young QB get humiliated by the Patriots like that and then become a franchise QB......... Zero. It hasn’t happened.

Ruins QBs forever? Oh please. Should Sam just quit the sport? 

Your QB looked like crap as well against the Patriots. You just have a better team so the game was closer.

Your comparisons and reasoning for why you think Sam Darnold is bad literally makes no sense. I've watched you post in a couple of threads now and your reasoning for your arguments are ridiculous.

1. One game against one team doesn't decide the fate of a QBs career. 

2. Josh Allen isn't better than Sam Darnold because his team played a closer game against the Patriots than Sam's did. Nobody would judge whose better between two QBs by looking at it that way. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, funaz said:

I don't think you come back from this. Sam is done and we have to move on.

Don't waste three years like ten did with marriotta

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Darnold just needs to make it through this year intact.  A significant portion of assets will now be invested on the Offensive side of the ball, which should have been done at least piecemeal over Stumblebum Maccagnan’s tenure.

Darnold had a historically low QB Rating tonight.

At virtually the same time I learned yesterday that the QB Rating he put up against Dallas last week coupled with 2 other games in his short career, add up to 3 of the Highest Rated games EVER put up by a QB over I think it was his first 16 games.  Darnold matched ONLY 3 other QBs in NFL history with that stat, and the other 3 all became upper echelon QBs.  Darnold has a significant amount of talent, that is a certainty.  Unfortunately it is a very real possibility that the Jet “Franchise” will ruin him.

Darnold doesn’t get a pass for the picks he threw up for grabs tonight, but I’ve watched football for decades now and I can’t remember watching a D LITERALLY STRANGLE a pro offense like I saw tonight.  It was actually quite remarkable.  Not only were there free rushers coming at Darnold within 1/2 a second of his taking the snap but everyone of his options to throw to were absolutely blanketed ON EVERY PLAY.  I don’t think I ever saw the ‘85 Bear D play a game like this.  I’m surprised he even managed to clock that Passer Rating of 3.something haha.

At the end of the day you have to call it like it is.  The entire Jet team is just so overmatched and outclassed by this Patriot team they’d lose 100 out of 100 if that’s how many they played.

If you see Darnold struggle as badly as he did tonight anytime over the rest of the season you might have reason to worry, but I don’t think that will be the case.  Tonight New Eng officially made the NFL the World Wrestling Federation.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He had a bad game against a great defense. How is this not hard to understand people?

It's not just a great defense.  They're statistically better right now than the 1985 Bears and 2000 Raven, giving up something like 30 fewer yards per game to offenses than either of those teams.

When Matt Patricia left BB got hands-on with the Defense again.  It shows.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

As the emotional pendulum sways...

Those who say Sam as ruined are as misguided as those that claim he is a slam dunk franchise QB.

Let’s see how he responds.

I’ve said this in another  thread, how do you handle adversity? - We will learn more next Sunday, if he comes out small we know the answer.

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Ruins QBs forever? Oh please. Should Sam just quit the sport? 

Your QB looked like crap as well against the Patriots. You just have a better team so the game was closer.

Your comparisons and reasoning for why you think Sam Darnold is bad literally makes no sense. I've watched you post in a couple of threads now and your reasoning for your arguments are ridiculous.

1. One game against one team doesn't decide the fate of a QBs career. 

2. Josh Allen isn't better than Sam Darnold because his team played a closer game against the Patriots than Sam's did. Nobody would judge whose better between two QBs by looking at it that way. 

No Allen put up points against the Pats yours didn’t. Show me stat wise right now how Darnold is so much better than Allen since all the stat heads think that’s a tell all be all. I’ll wait.

6 hours ago, daquix said:

Umm, not the Pats, but I do recall a young Payton Manning being totally destroyed in a playoff game against our Jets 41-0. How did that turn out for Payton? First ballot hall of fame. Just sayin'

• Upvote 1

The discouraging part was this wasn't Sanchez getting hammered by the Ravens or Joe Montana getting his back broken by LT.

They barely touched him and he was getting spooked and freaking out.

WTF?

Sometimes you have to step up in the pocket and take the hit to complete that third down pass.

Grow a pair and lead this team. 

• Upvote 1

I’m confident he will bounce back this week vs the jags. im not gonna overreact to one bad game just like I didn’t to his good game vs Dallas.. I would feel a lot better if I could believe in the HC. Bout outside of the Dallas Game his offense has been horrible . And no adjustments vs same cover 0 blitz all game is alarming.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

You want Sam to do well but last night was a view changer on him.   I'm going to get blasted here but between Sam and that disgrace of an o line, I had visions of David Carr.  Carr never rebounded from the bad o line play and hits.  

Agreed.  I mentioned David Carr in another thread.  We’re not there yet but could be heading to a similar ending. 

7 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

One bad game he will bounce back but this lost vs this team and being shut out will leave a bad taste all year for me atleast.

they were lost alright

You know who else is lost ? People on this forum who make fun of guys like Carr and Cousins especially when compared to the trash we put out there at QB throughout our entire existence

• Upvote 1