Jump to content
Team archer

Darnold: Im seeing ghosts

Recommended Posts

I knew what it meant, ive seen someone else say that before, im just saying that we need someone to fix this trash o line and offense so he dosent see these ghosts

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't blame him. Gase screwed him tonight with the blocking scheme and play calls. I think that was I think the first quarter. You can break a QB with this sh*t, anyone remember David Carr?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

He's looking at the film/pics there and realizing that what he thought was coming at him (blitz, coverage, etc.) really wasn't.  That's what he meant by ghosts....reacting to coverages or blitzes that weren't really there.

Yeah, but he thinks that cause we're not protecting him. The timer in his head that will be shortened if we allow nights like this to happen. Gase did nothing on protection or calling the right routes all night

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We blamed everyone else with Chad. We blamed everyone else with Sanchez. We blamed everyone else with Geno. Coaching, the line, weaponz, playcalling...etc. We’re really gonna do this again huh. 

At least Sanchez had a very good Oline to protect him not like the swiss cheese in front of Darnold. It's only one game against a great defense also. He was great last week against Dallas and there is no doubt that he will be fine. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't blame him. Gase screwed him tonight with the blocking scheme and play calls. I think that was I think the first quarter. You can break a QB with this sh*t, anyone remember David Carr?

Your right, I see a young man suffering and I hate it. He missed a month with mono, he just got embarrassed on national tv and was mumbling to himself about ghosts. The zone blocking scheme is terrible, and this line doesn’t have the players for it.

Sam’s not in a good place. The season needs reevaluating, we are at rock bottom. It’s about the future what’s best for him and the franchise. It’s a lost year it’s a long way from here to just credible.

I say fire Gase, trade any tradable Assets although I’d keep Adams. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

At least Sanchez had a very good Oline to protect him not like the swiss cheese in front of Darnold. It's only one game against a great defense also. He was great last week against Dallas and there is no doubt that he will be fine. 

There are lots of doubts. There is literally nothing empirical that shows Darnold is a sure thing. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam was terrible. But, who wasn’t? The entire O sleepwalked through the game. Bell was the only player that did his job.

And while Sam was terrible, who gave him the tools to overcome in this game? The front office gave him a for sh*t O line and pedestrian WR corps. The coach gave him a crap game plan and zero adjustments to beat a zero coverage blitz. The D couldn’t stop Brady on third down.

So, yeah, Darnold was terrible, but let’s not talk like he was sitting in a clean pocket, holding the ball too long and missing wide open receivers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We blamed everyone else with Chad. We blamed everyone else with Sanchez. We blamed everyone else with Geno. Coaching, the line, weaponz, playcalling...etc. We’re really gonna do this again huh. 

100% yes.

Meanwhile, the fact that we stink obviously isn’t Darnold’s fault, but the fact that Darnold continues to throw off his back foot to no one, certainly is.

I’m not sure you draft a QB early next year, because the team has so many needs, but the game was way too big for him last night, and if your instincts are to the throw the ball up for grabs when you’re uncertain, I’m not sure that changes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Darnold's stats. 

11-32 for 86 yards, 4 INT's 5 turnovers, a quarterback rating of 3.6 and an adjusted Yards per attempt being -2.94. Yes, that's minus yards. 

Performances like this will be common place for Sam if we dont build around him starting with the Offensive Line or continue with the stupid ass coaching hires. @Beerfish

Wasnt Gase the "right guy" because of how he played against the Patriots? WTF happened last night then? 

 

The only good news so far for me is that I didnt see this game live. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

100% yes.

Meanwhile, the fact that we stink obviously isn’t Darnold’s fault, but the fact that Darnold continues to throw off his back foot to no one, certainly is.

I’m not sure you draft a QB early next year, because the team has so many needs, but the game was way too big for him last night, and if your instincts are to the throw the ball up for grabs when you’re uncertain, I’m not sure that changes.

You still have the rest of the season to evaluate him. If he plays THIS bad the whole way, then yeah you might wanna look elsewhere. 

I really don’t think he will. But either way I’d rather work on building the oline up then doing a qb carousel. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Your right, I see a young man suffering and I hate it. He missed a month with mono, he just got embarrassed on national tv and was mumbling to himself about ghosts. The zone blocking scheme is terrible, and this line doesn’t have the players for it.

Sam’s not in a good place. The season needs reevaluating, we are at rock bottom. It’s about the future what’s best for him and the franchise. It’s a lost year it’s a long way from here to just credible.

I say fire Gase, trade any tradable Assets although I’d keep Adams. 

Keep Adams that glorified box safety whose lead us to the playoffs??? Please he's not leading you anywhere with his big mouth. You need Marcus Peter like playmakers not Adams. Peter's has scored alot of pick 6s in one season than Jamal prez Adams has his entire hall if fame career so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the concern with with worst OL in football - Sam survived Bowles, so there is hope he can survive Gase (who might be a great OC with the right players but clearly can't adjust) - still an easier schedule the rest of the way

 

and if Sam implodes they need to blow the whole thing up and maybe the next generation of players and fans can have a winner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You still have the rest of the season to evaluate him. If he plays THIS bad the whole way, then yeah you might wanna look elsewhere. 

I really don’t think he will. But either way I’d rather work on building the oline up then doing a qb carousel. 

He won't play this bad.  We can be pretty confident in that.  But, that's not ultimately the concern.  The concern is what he does under duress, and we've got a decent amount of data to suggest that he throws the ball up in the air off of his back foot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

100% yes.

Meanwhile, the fact that we stink obviously isn’t Darnold’s fault, but the fact that Darnold continues to throw off his back foot to no one, certainly is.

I’m not sure you draft a QB early next year, because the team has so many needs, but the game was way too big for him last night, and if your instincts are to the throw the ball up for grabs when you’re uncertain, I’m not sure that changes.

It’s alarming. I don’t know that it can’t/won’t be fixed as the game slows down for him, but it’s alarming this is his reaction to panic in the first place. It could be fixed to get it so he doesn’t panic in the first place (assuming that’s fixable; for a #1 overall pick type QB prospect, he threw a lot of picks at USC as well, particularly early on his final year).

At this stage it seems Gase is only going to look like the real deal if coaching someone else’s all time great finished product, throwing to multiple receivers in their primes, and a great OL affording them time to let plays develop. AKA let healthy, veteran Peyton Manning do whatever he wanted to do; just agreed with him on everything to his face and into his helmet; and big surprise Manning then talks of him as some great mind on offense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We blamed everyone else with Chad. We blamed everyone else with Sanchez. We blamed everyone else with Geno. Coaching, the line, weaponz, playcalling...etc. We’re really gonna do this again huh. 

So this is the only team with bad QBs?  I mean hell half the other teams in the league are on their 2nd stringer and 3rd stringer and total unknowns and are functionig at least on a reasonable if not better level.

You watch the 1st drive and 2 guys come through untouched on a routine pass play and and int.

2nd drive and the guy we get from new England flat out drops a pass killing a drive.

Next drive again a guy comes in totally unblocked. and another disaster play.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things that could have helped IMO:

1. Far more designed passes to Bell (though Darnold screwed up one or two of those by too soft a touch to give the coverage an extra half-second to react, or just overthrowing) and to Crowder: designed quick passes that neither require time, nor rolling out to his right to cut off half his field (since they have trouble getting open downfield when the whole field is a route option).

While I wouldn’t turn down a 1st rounder for any Jet at this point - Bell included - the RB one one of maybe 2 true assets this team has for a young QB, and there’s a wide chasm between him and that second said asset. A big problem is Gase isn’t using his stud RB like he’s one of the game’s best all-around backs; he’s mostly using him like he’s got some one-dimensional Chris Ivory (however differently they run once getting the ball). 

2. Part of the above could be to change the play early and/or help assess the D in general when a young, ghost-seeing QB needs to have someone with a cooler head looking. It’d f*** over Gregg Williams by putting extra strain on the defense, as possessions on offense eat up a lot less clock, but instead of huddling up they could have lined up fast enough to let an eye in the sky OC help assess the D for him and call plays at the line. It’d kill our TOP, and it’s not a good long term decision for a team with playoff hopes, but that isn’t this Jets team anyway. Last night Darnold needed to see in real time what/why someone else sees something differently than he does; including not just coverages the QB is assessing poorly, but dare I say an unblocked defender about to make a beeline for him. 

Ordinarily I’d like a 2nd year QB to be expanding upon his rookie year, learning to scan the field and look through his progressions more here in year 2, but he doesn’t have the line (nor the receivers, nor the coaching creativity) to do that. What he needed last night was someone to dramatically simplify things with less thinking: design a much larger mix of quick high-percentage passes, even though it’d turn Robby A into nothing but a half-ass decoy running sprints with everyone knowing the ball’s not coming his way; and turn to that as a quick go-to pass when the D has it covered on must-pass downs. A problem is said coach would be Loggains who’s overseen zero good offenses and/or young QBs, and I don’t know if he can instantly assess things any better than Darnold. 

3. They also need to bring in a veteran backup QB so they can actually get Darnold off the field when they need to, and perhaps be at least a minor asset to him when the D is on the field. I suppose the only benefit to having none is Darnold doesn’t feel the added pressure of a backup that fickle fans want to see instead, but from last night that benefit seems pretty insignificant.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It’s alarming. I don’t know that it can’t/won’t be fixed as the game slows down for him, but it’s alarming this is his reaction to panic in the first place. It could be fixed to get it so he doesn’t panic in the first place (assuming that’s fixable; for a #1 overall pick type QB prospect, he threw a lot of picks at USC as well, particularly early on his final year).

At this stage it seems Gase is only going to look like the real deal if coaching someone else’s all time great finished product, throwing to multiple receivers in their primes, and a great OL affording them time to let plays develop. AKA let healthy, veteran Peyton Manning do whatever he wanted to do; just agreed with him on everything to his face and into his helmet; and big surprise Manning then talks of him as some great mind on offense.

panic is the exact right word to describe the performance last night.   I think it's a combination of poor fundamentals and anticipating the jail break due to an atrocious OL.  

I believe that Gase is a good x/o guy and has a good football mind but Darnold needs to dramatically imrpove his fundamentals or his ceiling is going to be much lower than we hoped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even @KRL has having a problem coming up with any kid of content for this debacle. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

panic is the exact right word to describe the performance last night.   I think it's a combination of poor fundamentals and anticipating the jail break due to an atrocious OL.  

I believe that Gase is a good x/o guy and has a good football mind but Darnold needs to dramatically imrpove his fundamentals or his ceiling is going to be much lower than we hoped. 

I don’t care how good the OL is if a 6th guy is showing blitz at the line and no one does a thing about him, he’s going to rush and separate the QB from the football in 1.1 seconds.

But yes he was panicked. We saw the game, and his main numbers, but until someone tallies up other things — Cimini said it was what, 3 of 17 when he had 2.5+ seconds to throw? A QB having a game like that, in a panic like that, needs to be off the field. 

I have no idea if Gase is a good X/O guy unless he’s good at writing hugs and kisses in Valentine’s Day cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, #90 said:

Thank this guy!

71146825_10218842178478264_1402774969284296704_n.jpg

This man repels me. He is the obsessive fan in the basement watching games, without an overall understanding. He may understand pieces of the game but not from a holistic coaching perspective. He is not a coach. The jets really screwed themselves with this hire. He will ruin Darnold. I want nothing to do with this team while he’s involved. I turned the game off after the first drive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...