Jump to content
Team archer

Darnold: Im seeing ghosts

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, JiF said:

So the city of Jacksonville is like actually encouraging their fans to dress up as Ghosts to mock Darnold.  

lmfao - this is going to be hilarious 

Can we just be that 10 win team that loses in the wild card round now?

Please? 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

All fans entering the game will be given a sheet with 2 eye holes sponsored by some company. 

You can't make this sh*t up, LOL. Butt fumbling Sanchez. Darnold seeing ghosts.

USC QBs baby!

@HelenOfTroy who ya got next for us?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Actually it’s 7 rushers against 6. Hence the free rusher on the right side. 3 also dropped back into coverage. 

 

Two of those guys immediately dropped into coverage  (see 2nd slide) and one of them looked to never even try to legit rush the passer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for sam darnold ghost memes
 

What are the odds this would happen on the weekend everyone is celebrating Halloween?

Only the Jets. Thanks, Sammy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Two of those guys immediately dropped into coverage  (see 2nd slide) and one of them looked to never even try to legit rush the passer.

I’m aware. But they “showed” 7. 

Either way. Everyone sucked. Coaches and Sam. So

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nico002 said:

How did you celebrate last nights game? 

Hey, look who's back! I see you're back from your little "rest" huh?

I was very upset watching it actually. I was hoping Sam had turned a corner with the Dallas game. He played very well in that game, but last night he showed me he still has a long way to go. His mechanics are poor. You simply cannot play any sport at a high level off your back foot.

The OL is bad on the Jets, but so was the one the Pats had last night. Brady got hit more then Sam did. Darnold was 3-17 with two ints on passes with 2.5 or more seconds to throw. Even worse, he showed little ability to see where the free man was coming from. When he did, he didn't step up or make that first man miss. He looked completely lost out there. I felt sorry for him, it was sad to watch.

That said, he's not the first QB Belichek has made look bad. I'm still hopeful Darnold will turn out ok, and I still think guys like you who claimed he was a sure fire elite QB one game into his career are crazy. I'll do what I've always done. Root for the laundry and not by into the hype about a player until I see it for myself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Hey, look who's back! I see you're back from your little "rest" huh?

I was very upset watching it actually. I was hoping Sam had turned a corner with the Dallas game. He played very well in that game, but last night he showed me he still has a long way to go. His mechanics are poor. You simply cannot play any sport at a high level off your back foot.

The OL is bad on the Jets, but so was the one the Pats had last night. Brady got hit more then Sam did. Darnold was 3-17 with two ints on passes with 2.5 or more seconds to throw. Even worse, he showed little ability to see where the free man was coming from. When he did, he didn't step up or make that first man miss. He looked completely lost out there. I felt sorry for him, it was sad to watch.

That said, he's not the first QB Belichek has made look bad. I'm still hopeful Darnold will turn out ok, and I still think guys like you who claimed he was a sure fire elite QB one game into his career are crazy. I'll do what I've always done. Root for the laundry and not by into the hype about a player until I see it for myself.

Congrats, last night was a good win.

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Congrats, last night was a good win.

Ok, I gave you the courtesy of a response. Shame on me.

That's the last time I do though.

From now on I just sit back and wait to watch you implode. Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait

some people thought he meant spirit ghosts?

oh ffs

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wait

some people thought he meant spirit ghosts?

oh ffs

Nobody over the age of seven. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

There are a lot of people coming out and saying that the NFL screwed over Sam on this one... Here's a few

 I'm sure the reason that they are pissed is that it is going to screw them over for people committing to being mic'd up in the future, its still really f'd up that they would let this air since a lot of players say things that they would never want to be aired... Just imagine a long respected QB like Manning using that terminology and that air that... of course not... because they would never screw him over like that, because he is a HOF QB..

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Can we just be that 10 win team that loses in the wild card round now?

Please? 

You can't make this sh*t up, LOL. Butt fumbling Sanchez. Darnold seeing ghosts.

USC QBs baby!

@HelenOfTroy who ya got next for us?

Yes. That would be preferred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling this game defines Darnold’s career. He needs a Big game Sunday like no game he’s ever played.

If he comes out small he’s done.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I have a feeling this game defines Darnold’s career. He needs a Big game Sunday like no game he’s ever played.

If he comes out small he’s done.

thanks for attaching great significance to another meaningless Jet game. In the merit of your post, I might just take an interest in the game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Darnold was one hell of a talent and that's very clear, but there is such a strong correlation between games started and success in the NFL for QB's. That should have been the one lesson they took from Sanchez but they didn't, and honestly I'm cool with that. Darnold was worth taking a shot on because the improbable still happens sometimes. Going forward all we can go by is what aggregate information says and the books say that problems that arise from a lack of experience in college, probabilistically speaking, don't correct themselves in the pros. Combine that with his results thus far and there are more reasons to assess he's not the guy than reasons he is.

If I'm the Jets I am definitely taking a QB early next year. No doubt. When it comes to quarterbacks you have to play the odds. However my guess is Darnold has enough starts this year to give the Jets hope that the improbable will happen and they'll go all in on the line. That is unless a Kingsbury/Murray-type of situation happens, then who knows.

IMO you need to build the OL, even if you don't believe Sam is the answer. You can't blow another high draft pick on a QB with an OL in this state.

I still believe in Sam, we need Joe Douglas to be the real deal or we won't get better anytime soon. No FAs are going to want to come here, it's all about the draft.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold was offensive player of the week a week earlier.  The biggest problem is he hasn’t had consistent playing time.  Missed part of last season and then was sick beginning of this season.  
 

The biggest issue is ownership.   Why sign a coach who was below average at best and keep a GM you intend to fire?   They can’t develop talent and can’t find talent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetmech said:

 

 

 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Warner said similar on Twitter as well.  Anyone who has an issue with this either already didn’t like the Jets, or already didn’t like Darnold.  This is simply a young QB being overwhelmed and making mistakes - bad ones - and acknowledging that to his coach.  Good for Sam, as you can’t fix a problem without understanding it first.  I’m somewhat worried about him long term, for a few reasons, but this whole seeing ghosts thing is a non-issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Warner said similar on Twitter as well.  Anyone who has an issue with this either already didn’t like the Jets, or already didn’t like Darnold.  This is simply a young QB being overwhelmed and making mistakes - bad ones - and acknowledging that to his coach.  Good for Sam, as you can’t fix a problem without understanding it first.  I’m somewhat worried about him long term, for a few reasons, but this whole seeing ghosts thing is a non-issue.

You probably have him on ignore but @Skeptable posted these things maybe 4 posts earlier...

 

14 hours ago, Skeptable said:

There are a lot of people coming out and saying that the NFL screwed over Sam on this one... Here's a few

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Warner said similar on Twitter as well.  Anyone who has an issue with this either already didn’t like the Jets, or already didn’t like Darnold.  This is simply a young QB being overwhelmed and making mistakes - bad ones - and acknowledging that to his coach.  Good for Sam, as you can’t fix a problem without understanding it first.  I’m somewhat worried about him long term, for a few reasons, but this whole seeing ghosts thing is a non-issue.


I didn’t realize Warner chimed in as well. It has been blown out of proportion by some of the Darnold haters..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You probably have him on ignore but @Skeptable posted these things maybe 4 posts earlier...

 

 

I don’t have anyone on ignore because I’m a grown up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I don’t have anyone on ignore because I’m a grown up.

Ok, then I guess you skipped it, I was just saying he quoted Warner's tweet. I wasn't implying anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok, then I guess you skipped it, I was just saying he quoted Warner's tweet. I wasn't implying anything.

Didn’t read much of the thread, just saw that post and responded.  But yeah, two all time QBs are saying this is typical.  Time to put it to bed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You probably have him on ignore but @Skeptable posted these things maybe 4 posts earlier...

 

 

I’m surprised Skeptable has time to post, with all the butt fumbles he hands out.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

I didn’t realize Warner chimed in as well. It has been blown out of proportion by some of the Darnold haters..

 

Sam Darnold had his worst game as a professional on MNF vs the Pats at home 

the problem wasn't the mic or even the "ghost" comment

It was a trash performance for the ages and pointing it out doesn't make one a hater 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold had his worst game as a professional on MNF vs the Pats at home 

the problem wasn't the mic or even the "ghost" comment

It was a trash performance for the ages and pointing it out doesn't make one a hater 

No, it doesn't but extrapolating it into something more then what it is, is being a 'hater'. Sure he has a lot to prove as a young QB that just finished his 16th game... But to end his career and make him into Sanchez is a bit of a stretch.

Look he has been up and down for the last 2 years... You can't deny the great games or the terrible either.  Right now, he is somewhere in the middle.  I tend to think he can grow into being a top 5 QB.... As they build around the kid. 

You, obviously from your posts, do not think much of the kid. And think he is going to flunk out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Warner said similar on Twitter as well.  Anyone who has an issue with this either already didn’t like the Jets, or already didn’t like Darnold.  This is simply a young QB being overwhelmed and making mistakes - bad ones - and acknowledging that to his coach.  Good for Sam, as you can’t fix a problem without understanding it first.  I’m somewhat worried about him long term, for a few reasons, but this whole seeing ghosts thing is a non-issue.

<Darnold> fml getting pwned rn

<internet> lol no sh*t sherlock

<Jets fans> (ghostsplaining)

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But to end his career and make him into Sanchez is a bit of a stretch.

Mark Sanchez is the winningest playoff QB in Jets history 

he won 4 playoff games on the road 

Has Sam even won 4 games total? 

I'm not saying he's Sanchez.

I'm saying he's worse than Sanchez. 

and please give me another Buttfumble icon, the Voice of Buttfumble 

you know i cant tell the difference between good and bad attention, right? 

ghost GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Mark Sanchez is the winningest playoff QB in Jets history 

he won 4 playoff games on the road 

Has Sam even won 4 games total? 

I'm not saying he's Sanchez.

I'm saying he's worse than Sanchez. 

and please give me another Buttfumble icon, the Voice of Buttfumble 

you know i cant tell the difference between good and bad attention, right? 

ghost GIF

Come on man, Sanchez came into a team ready to win a Superbowl... He had one of the best Oline's in the league and a Defense that was best in the league at the time. Comparing statistics at this point is absolutely absurd.

At times, I like your opinions and think that they have value, with hot takes like these it just devalues your good opinions and makes you look petty. Just my opinion of course. I mean, I know you can be objective when you want to be because I read your articles at FBGs. 

The kid is still the youngest starting QB in the league. outside of I think Jones by a month or something. He has ebbs and flows. You ignoring his good games and highlighting statistics that don't tell the full story do a disservice to the actual points you are trying to make. And these cheeking ghost memes make you look even more petty, because you actually understand the game better then most posters here and know that ghosts are a common term that is used by all QBs, and are just trying to rile people up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...