Darnold: Im seeing ghosts

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I mean, I know you can be objective when you want to be because I read your articles at FBGs.  

FBG pays me for O line and by the way Brady's is just as bad. They lose Wynn, they lose Andrews. They are starting Marshall newhouse at LT

Marshall. Newhouse. 

Offensive line can only do so much. Not to say the Jets are great at it in fact i have them ranked like NYJ 28 and NE 29 out of 32 but the point of drafting Darnold was that he was going to make the line better and everyone else too

if they needed to build a line they should have stayed at 6 overall and taken Nelson. The greatest guard prospect for 20 years btw. Him and the 3 second rounders rebuild the line, then you find the QB 

If what you are saying, the line is to blame, then they did it backwards

and Darnold is young but there's not an age floor on when a guy can be ruined

Hackenberg was ruined at Penn State. Carr's brother was ruined in Houston pretty quickly 

I suspect Darnold's career doesn't recover from MNF... every team is going to blitz him now until the end of the season

the Jets don't have a plan B they will keep putting him out there and Gase isn't going to help 

he's either going to somehow beat these blitzes or he's going to be shredded wheat 

this is how ruined happens. 

as with most Jets predictions I hope to be wrong

and side note it's a week before Halloween, I'm not the one who loaded the board with unlimited Ghost Gifs 

ghost GIF

• Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

FBG pays me for O line and by the way Brady's is just as bad. They lose Wynn, they lose Andrews. They are starting Marshall newhouse at LT

Marshall. Newhouse.

Again, Come on... Brady has been in the same system for 20 years with the same coach... Brady could have traffic cones as OLine and still beat you. This kid just finished 16 games... Brady is somewhere around 300 including playoffs. How are you even comparing the 2.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Again, Come on... Brady has been in the same system for 20 years with the same coach... Brady could have traffic cones as OLine and still beat you. This kid just finished 16 games... Brady is somewhere around 300 including playoffs. How are you even comparing the 2.

Brady is a quarterback. Darnold is a quarterback. It's not apples to oranges. It's apples to real sh*tty apples.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Brady is a quarterback. Darnold is a quarterback. It's not apples to oranges. It's apples to real sh*tty apples.

Brady is a 20 year vet.... Darnold just finished 16 games... thats like comparing Balvenie 50 Year Old Scotch Whisky to Evan Williams.

So many irrational fans

• Upvote 4

Sam Darnold had his worst game as a professional on MNF vs the Pats at home 
the problem wasn't the mic or even the "ghost" comment
It was a trash performance for the ages and pointing it out doesn't make one a hater 

No, but it does come across that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Jetmech said:

No, but it does come across that way.

Haters are a sign of success

like how we all hate Tom Brady 

there's a thin line between love and hate 

im not a Darnold Hater. He's just super disappointing 

and blaming it on the line is what Titans fans do when they can't face the fact Mariota sucks 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess this one is going to haunt him for a while.

Guys around the league had to be quietly snickering about the mono thing.

With this "ghost" stuff (yeah, yeah, I know what Sam meant) players like Hayden, Van Noy and god knows who else aren't even trying to hide it. They're laughing at him.

I just watched the clip @joewilly12 posted. Boomer was questioning his courage basically. There was the Eisen clip also.

We can put up as many tweets from other QBs defending one of their own as we want. Why bother though? Everyone knows what Sam meant when he said it, but that doesn't matter. It's taken on a life of its own, and like Eisen says, it will follow him until he wins a Lombardi.

When guys on the team you're about to play are mocking you, totally unafraid of putting bulletin board stuff out there before a game, it's a sign of disrespect. This kid is at a crossroads. This Patriot game had better be him hitting rock bottom, or he'll be hearing about ghosts for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

With this "ghost" stuff (yeah, yeah, I know what Sam meant) players like Hayden, Van Noy and god knows who else aren't even trying to hide it. They're laughing at him.

I just watched the clip @joewilly12 posted. Boomer was questioning his courage basically. There was the Eisen clip also.

We can put up as many tweets from other QBs defending one of their own as we want. Why bother though? Everyone knows what Sam meant when he said it, but that doesn't matter. It's taken on a life of its own, and like Eisen says, it will follow him until he wins a Lombardi.

When guys on the team you're about to play are mocking you, totally unafraid of putting bulletin board stuff out there before a game, it's a sign of disrespect. This kid is at a crossroads. This Patriot game had better be him hitting rock bottom, or he'll be hearing about ghosts for a long time. 

So win a Lombardi... 

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry, what will follow him exactly? 

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The national tv embarrassment he put on monday night which many have called the worst qb performane ever seen on an nfl level.

But other then that, nothing. 

And how will this follow him again? He’s going to play 200 more games for the Jets.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Haters are a sign of success

like how we all hate Tom Brady 

there's a thin line between love and hate 

im not a Darnold Hater. He's just super disappointing 

and blaming it on the line is what Titans fans do when they can't face the fact Mariota sucks 

Quoted for the future bump.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Nailed it, Darnold isn’t a QB any more, he’s a meme. ESPN basically fooked him. I’d be none cooperative with the net works again.

I may or may not watch the Jacksonville game, but it’s got to the point I may give it a rest and not bother for the rest of the year. They basically blow the franchise up Monday night. We are an expansion team at this point.

Favre on “ghosts.” Norman Esiason, as ever, is both wrong and revisionist, unloved and disrespected everywhere he ever played. 

Seeing ghosts is, 'I thought the guy was blitzing, I saw the safety back up into deep coverage,' and then you watch the film and that's not the case," Favre said. "It's really nothing other than being a young player, being exposed to a lot of stuff, and really not so much thrown to the wolves, I don't think Adam Gase did anything wrong."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brett-favre-explains-why-nfl-quarterbacks-will-sometimes-see-ghosts-on-the-field/amp/

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Favre on “ghosts.” Norman Esiason, as ever, is both wrong and revisionist, unloved and disrespected everywhere he ever played. 

Seeing ghosts is, 'I thought the guy was blitzing, I saw the safety back up into deep coverage,' and then you watch the film and that's not the case," Favre said. "It's really nothing other than being a young player, being exposed to a lot of stuff, and really not so much thrown to the wolves, I don't think Adam Gase did anything wrong."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brett-favre-explains-why-nfl-quarterbacks-will-sometimes-see-ghosts-on-the-field/amp/

Ghosts comment is irrelevant. Darnold looking like he didnt prepare is concerning. 

16 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Brady is a 20 year vet.... Darnold just finished 16 games... thats like comparing Balvenie 50 Year Old Scotch Whisky to Evan Williams.

So many irrational fans

To be clear, you think that if they just left Evan Williams in the barrel a little longer, it would turn into Balvenie?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shane this ghost moment is a crossroads

first he gets mono and uses up all the good will a person could possibly have 

now, after the worst home Jets game since the Buttfumble, he is either ruined or leans into it and becomes Ghost Darnold

what outcome do you think is more likely? 

happy Halloween

forest whitaker GIF 

Just now, bitonti said:

now, after the worst Jets game since the Buttfumble, he is either ruined or leans into it and becomes Ghost Darnold

If he's smart he'll embrace it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Ghosts comment is irrelevant. Darnold looking like he didnt prepare is concerning. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

now, after the worst home Jets game since the Buttfumble, he is either ruined or leans into it and becomes Ghost Darnold

happy Halloween

forest whitaker GIF 

This coming week is the one we find out about Darnold. Either the Pats game emasculated him entirely, or he’ll bounce back and have a good game. It’s entirely possible that Belichick ruined him, but as Jets fans, we need to see him go out on Sunday and beat up on the Jaguars. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Either the Pats game emasculated him entirely, or he’ll bounce back and have a good game.  

So you'd say it's a 50/50 chance? : ) 

like doc i have cancer he says either youll live or die it's 50/50 

It's more like 90/10 Sam is ruined