Biggest solution

estang74

I'm not against it, especially putting Gregg Williams in charge, but I think we'd likely have to resign ourselves to moving on from Sam as a QB if we took this path as well.  Three coordinators in three years is one of the thing that ruined Rosen.  I think Mariotta went through something similar.

My biggest concern right now is whether the Jets can salvage Sam Darnold.  Getting a new HC, OC, etc. might help protect him....but 3 systems in the 3 years is not a recipe for starting a QBs career.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not against it, especially putting Gregg Williams in charge, but I think we'd likely have to resign ourselves to moving on from Sam as a QB if we took this path as well.  Three coordinators in three years is one of the thing that ruined Rosen.  I think Mariotta went through something similar.

My biggest concern right now is whether the Jets can salvage Sam Darnold.  Getting a new HC, OC, etc. might help protect him....but 3 systems in the 3 years is not a recipe for starting a QBs career.

Can't hurt at this point

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Rosen ruined Rosen. He has a terrible attitude and is a snowflake who can’t handle adversity.

You actually can’t do that because who would take over the offense Dowell Loggins?

When you make the decision to hire Gase, and after drawing a line in the sand over coordinators with Matt Rhule, you let him bring his useless crony Loggins as the OC and not hire a QB coach you allow him to have complete control over the offense.  

The only thing we need to worry about as far as the HC is whether or not Joe D can fire Gase after one season given that Gase orchestrated him coming here. I sincerely hope he can because we can’t keep this up for another season and a half, Sam will be ruined. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You actually can’t do that because who would take over the offense Dowell Loggins?

When you make the decision to hire Gase, and after drawing a line in the sand over coordinators with Matt Rhule, you let him bring his useless crony Loggins as the OC and not hire a QB coach you allow him to have complete control over the offense.  

The only thing we need to worry about as far as the HC is whether or not Joe D can fire Gase after one season given that Gase orchestrated him coming here. I sincerely hope he can because we can’t keep this up for another season and a half, Sam will be ruined. 

JimBob Cooter... It has been discussed many times... the RB coach currently

I was going to to start a thread on this but the OP beat me to it. 

No lie, I turned the set off after 10-0.

I knew that the Jets were finished simply from past observations with the way Gase runs this team : he doesn't know how to make the adjustments, whether it's pre-game or in-game preparation.  He's clueless. He doesn't know how to use what he has made available to him to make this team competitive.

A 'guru' , he is not.

I can be the most patient SOB jets fan you ever want to meet, having been a follower of this team for over 50 years,  but the bottom line is this:

You can't change a Zebra's stripes -  Gase has to be fired.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, estang74 said:

Fire Gase and make Williams the coach for the rest of the season.

The browns did well under him and look at where the browns are this season. He’s got the D playing till the final whistle. Gase punted on 4th down on the 50 down 33-0 with 6 min to go. I would fire him just for that but the play calling is really where he was bad tonight. Running the ball on first down to start every drive but one, no roll outs, no quick slants, the o line was trash and the protection wasn’t there. I know Sam played really bad tonight but he didn’t have much to work with. This looked like how the jets looked when he was out with mono.

play out the season and cut the dead weight, put most of your picks to the O line, grab a real WR1 in free agency, do the same with CB and Edge(if possible.

Unfortunately this season is a wash but at least get a coach in there who will keep the fire until they figure out what direction to go next season. Hell, maybe even keep Williams as the coach depending on how the team responds to him. 

I agree 1 million percent but have no faith that this gutless organization will do anything but sit on their hands this year AND next year until the pressure is so great that their hand is forced to make a change, just like the Bowles debacle. 

This cycle of stupidity has plagued this team for decades.  Always way too slow to react and course correct.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BCJet said:

It really has to be up to the owner to make the call. And what chances are that happening?  The owners don't have that Jerry Jones mentality - and that's where the problem is in a nut shell.

• Upvote 1

There is no solution.  The team is garbage.  The franchise is an embarrassment.  The coaching staff are the butt of bad jokes.  The QB is gianatic cali boy pussy.

The solution is to just accept that this franchise is pure and utter sh*t and it doesnt matter who the coach is, who the QB is or anything else for that matter.  

The Jets are the Washington Generals but more embarrassing.

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think Sam will be fine, the system is flawed at best. Just need an cord that plays him to his strengths which is what G Williams does

• Upvote 1