Patriots acquire Mohamed Sanu

AbstraKt

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

A 2nd rounder!?!!!!

That can't be right, can it?  I guess the Pats just don't give a crap, and figure they'll have no need for a second, but that seems absolutely ridiculous.  I would be furious if the Jets gave up anywhere close to that for a guy like Sanu.  A 30-year-old career mediocre WR.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

That can't be right, can it?  I guess the Pats just don't give a crap, and figure they'll have no need for a second, but that seems absolutely ridiculous.  I would be furious if the Jets gave up anywhere close to that for a guy like Sanu.  A 30-year-old career mediocre WR.

Ya but really their 2nd  is more like a high 3rd round pick. They can also get away with it because well they have the hardware back them up. 

Sanu will have 709 yards and 5 TDS now.. watch and everyone say “and they only gave up a 2nd?? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Our second rounder is a late first, theirs is an early third. Big difference and the Pat's need help on offense 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Our second rounder is a late first, theirs is an early third. Big difference and the Pat's need help on offense 

Oh yeah, it's definitely not comparable at all when it comes to the picks, but  if I had been asked before today, I never would've guessed Sanu getting them any more than a late 4th.

• Upvote 1

Sanu fits perfectly in the Pats' offense.  He is a solid receiver going down the middle of the field, age and lack of flashy play notwithstanding.  Brady may not have another incomplete pass for the rest of the season.  A 2nd for a SB insurance policy ain't crazy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Sanu fits perfectly in the Pats' offense.  He is a solid receiver going down the middle of the field, age and lack of flashy play notwithstanding.  Brady may not have another incomplete pass for the rest of the season.  A 2nd for a SB insurance policy ain't crazy.

Plus he went to Rutgers and Belichick is OBSESSED with RU

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Gordon must be hurt or its BB doing what he does best. 

That  kid Jacoby Meyers looked decent last night, they have N'Keal Henry who they drafted he's been hurt and of course Edelmann. 

Sanu will do very well in that offense. 

It’s a WR league as much as it’s a QB league and you need depth at that position thats what smart organizations do

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

If Sanu is worth a late 2nd then so is Leo 

Everyone can complain here about how much they hate Leo but he is a more valuable football player then Sanu.  

I guess the Jets are keeping Leonard Williams than, because no team in their right mind is trading a second round pick for him.    Leonard Williams isn’t helping any team .